• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OG DMC Fans Blamed for Low DmC sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So based solely on your own personal experince, you assume it happened to everyone?

It certainly didn't happen when I played nor for my friends.

Oh, okay, I get it. Because it only happened to me and apparently Dante Redgrave, it's only our versions of MT Framework that wouldn't be able handle it, right?

Come the **** on dude. That's like me saying DmC has no glitches simply because I didn't experience any myself, or you saying the pizza isn't hot just because you didn't burn the roof of your mouth when others did.

The fact that MT Framework struggle for me gives me the impression that it can run things very smoothly at 60fps, but not a whole lot at once, which provides me no confidence that MT Framework could successfully render the stuff that DmC has :/

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Then allow me;

The plot was fixed to an anime fanbase Do agree. They had so much potential, but it went so wrong.
Nero was a p*ssy I would go that far, but he was a whiner and so moody with no reason. I wish he had more goals than save his love interest who has hardly any interaction with him, then track down Dante for a group of people whom he hates.
Dante was a c*nt. More like he never changes from his DMC3 personality, which was odd for me.
The game was made for female fans (So no badass scenes like with DMC3 or DMC1) If it was, that did not work for me. Heck, I'd take DMC2 over that.
Gameplay was a rehash of DMC4
Nero's origin not properly explained Yep, and I am not buying that whole 'Vergil banged a whore' or whatever was in that book.
Women being objectified as sex objects and weak Lady was so badass in DMC3, but now....she's just walking tits. Kyrie, while dressing modest; she was so boring and weak
Dante acting less mature then his DMC1 counterpart Yep agreeing. Still stuck in DMC3 mode.
No Vergil Don't mind with that considering what they did to Dante in this game, what would they do to Vergil?
Demons being sub pare They were alright, but more variety would be nice.
Lines SO cliche I think it was cheesy on purpose, but some of it made me cringe. >_<
cheesy romance Yep, it was just so bad. Plus Nero hardly had any interaction with Kyrie to make me believe they are a couple. I didn't care when she was captured. Just...Meh....
Trish being pretty much useless Bring back DMC badass trish with the lightning hands. :p
Lady not even doing anything Yep, just a plot device with tits. Also lost her badassery. Such a shame.
Gloria was a ho I have no idea what they were thinking with that design. Like lady Gaga had a baby with a Ganguro girl.
Some glitches here and there Funnily enough, I didn't notice any in my copy ^_^
A terrible mission 20 with all you have to do is hit the giant head like 3 times and your done.
Dante being stupid enough to not end all this by himself But this was Nero's time to shine....and he failed.:lol: That's why Dnte got to be in the back seat to show off Nero, but it failed.
Dante awful outfit He looked like he robbed a cowboy leather bondage store. :lol:

and SO much more that I can mention.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dumbing the system down so terrible players could get SSS too apparently didn't make the game any easier to get off store shelves. d('~')

Personally, I had always thought a new entry in a series should build upon its predecessors instead of cutting away Royal Guard, Trickster, Gunslinger, Swordmaster, Taunts, Lock On, Directional Input moves, more than a handful of enemies at once, ability to utilize your entire arsenal against any enemy you like, Bloody Palace and a second playable character coming as a standard feature

Oh! But we did get match the color whip platforming. Innovation!

So Angel dodge, rainstorm, inverse rainstorm, prop shredder, Ariel rave, and drive aren't part of those styles? And in case you were far behind, look up Bloody Palace for DmC and Vergil's downfall.

Are you sure you played? It seems like you've just watched YouTube videos.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Oh, okay, I get it. Because it only happened to me and apparently Dante Redgrave, it's only our versions of MT Framework that wouldn't be able handle it, right?

Come the **** on dude. That's like me saying DmC has no glitches simply because I didn't experience any myself, or you saying the pizza isn't hot just because you didn't burn the roof of your mouth when others did.

The fact that MT Framework struggle for me gives me the impression that it can run things very smoothly at 60fps, but not a whole lot at once, which provides me no confidence that MT Framework could successfully render the stuff that DmC has :/
How about you calm down man? I was just suggested it might have been isolated situations since when I and my several friends never had those problems.

What is it with this hostility? :/

Agent47_89

Dumbing the system down so terrible players could get SSS too apparently didn't make the game any easier to get off store shelves. d('~')

Personally, I had always thought a new entry in a series should build upon its predecessors instead of cutting away Royal Guard, Trickster, Gunslinger, Swordmaster, Taunts, Lock On, Directional Input moves, more than a handful of enemies at once, ability to utilize your entire arsenal against any enemy you like, Bloody Palace and a second playable character coming as a standard feature

Oh! But we did get match the color whip platforming. Innovation!

I personally liked DmC controls better than DMC4 controls with more moves avalible at the same time without having to switch styles. Though the move list is a tad smaller.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
How about you calm down man? I was just suggested it might have been isolated situations since when I and my several friends never had those problems.

What is it with this hostility? :/
Probably dealing with Nero...and I don't mean the demon armed one

So Angel dodge, rainstorm, inverse rainstorm, prop shredder, Ariel rave, and drive aren't part of those styles? And in case you were far behind, look up Bloody Palace for DmC and Vergil's downfall.

Are you sure you played? It seems like you've just watched YouTube videos.

I already know that Bloody Palace and Vergin's Downfall are DLC bullshit that don't come with the game. Do you know what Standard Feature means?

Do you also mean to suggest that gutting the styles and rummaging through them for a few (a dozen are still missing, mind) spare moves was an improvement? I guess it would've been pretty hard to give the new weapons original moves. I notice you didn't bold Royal Guard at all, so at least you're not -completely- deluded.

Nero.

Then allow me;

The plot was fixed to an anime fanbase
Nero was a p*ssy
Dante was a c*nt.
The game was made for female fans (So no badass scenes like with DMC3 or DMC1)
Gameplay was a rehash of DMC4
Nero's origin not properly explained
Women being objectified as sex objects and weak
Dante acting less mature then his DMC1 counterpart
No Vergil
Demons being sub pare
Lines SO cliche
cheesy romance
Trish being pretty much useless
Lady not even doing anything
Gloria was a ho
Some glitches here and there
A terrible mission 20 with all you have to do is hit the giant head like 3 times and your done.
Dante being stupid enough to not end all this by himself
Dante awful outfit

And you're dumbass list completed

Trolling won't help your case son.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well I can see this thread going no where.

But before I go, let me say this;

NT nor Capcom said explicitly that fans were to blame. That was a rage filled opinion from that OP that had NO ABSOLUTELY NO affiliation with Capcom or NT AT ALL. He was just a mad supporter from what I read of that, who just wants to lead a buch of fans of old and new to fight each other and start fires in comments like this.

He's like Izaya Orihara. He LOVES this fighting we're doing.

So stop feeding into it, and lets all get over this giant battle we got going on.

As for me, I can always remember what makes me better then all of you;
tumblr_mgxz3cLPb51qb8jj3o4_500.gif

Dominus

Well its a benefit that MT is made in house because they Capcom could have modified /updated the engine directly to suite the needs of DMC5. With UT3 engine you are stuck with whatever recent version Epic put out, let alone there is a specific clause (right word?) that you cannot modify the UT3 engine at ALL and are entirely dependent on Epic for updates, etc, etc. That is what got the developers of Too Human in trouble. They were mad they couldn't modify the UT3 engine to suit their needs, so they actually made their own......But they stupidly c/p UT3 engine code into their game! They sued Epic for UT3 engine being a difficult engine that was primarily licensed out to pay for the development of the Epic developed games (specifically Gears of War 1), but got counter-sued for c/p UT3 code into their "new" engine and lost lol..

I think a blatant case of developers licensing out difficult to use or buggy engines could apply to the source engine around the time HL2 was released. The final version of HL2 ran great, but if you play Vampire Masquerade : Bloodlines it runs like sh*t because it was using an older build of the source engine... The fact that Valve gave out licenses for their engine when it was in such a buggy and POS state just to pay for HL2 is yah...shady..

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I'm still in you're thoughts?:/ I love you too:blush:

~looks up from his pizza and sundae~ Well, if you mean the migraine I'm getting from your insepid bile and repeated rhetoric that just gets throw out same over and over, yeah, since you won't listen to people's rebutals. I think I hear the wind though now. ~ignores~

Nero.

qRmfGYS.jpg

The Truth is like medicine it wasn't designed to taste good many of you need to open your mouths.

How dare I don't give a **** about obvious nonsense.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Then allow me;

The game was made for female fans (So no badass scenes like with DMC3 or DMC1)

DMC4 was made for females? So females are blamed for apparently not having badass scenes in DMC4?

I'm not trolling or anything but I'm just wondering if you could state the source. Was this common news or something? This isn't the first time I heard a comment like this before, that's why I'm curious is all.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Oh, I know what he means. Kobayashi admitted in an article that a lote of the "cleaner" and less gore asthetic of DMC4, along with lots of pretty boy hero was to draw in more female gamers. I can probably look for it when I get home later today, I remember that quite well during late 2008 when the interview came out.

EDIT: And split second never mind! XD

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Lmao thanks for the effort though XD

Seriously I'm lovin' this forum. It's interesting seeing how deep these debates can get.

EDIT: No wonder DMC4 is my favorite out the series. The information here holds no bounds O_O

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh, I know what he means. Kobayashi admitted in an article that a lote of the "cleaner" and less gore asthetic of DMC4, along with lots of pretty boy hero was to draw in more female gamers. I can probably look for it when I get home later today, I remember that quite well during late 2008 when the interview came out.

The thing is, why do they conclude that females do not like gore? Which females did they ask about this?
Ok, this is just me, but I love gore and violence in games; the more blood and guts flying the better. ^_^ Or, games like Bioshock. They're really violent, but they're awesome games with awesome story and social commentary that makes you think and question the world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom