• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OG DMC Fans Blamed for Low DmC sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
ifc0te.png

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
If you haven't played the entire game you're not allowed to have a negative opinion on it at all.

But you're also not allowed to play it, get experience with how mediocre and tedious it is firsthand and express those opinions unless you buy it yourself, thus casting a $60 vote for a game you didn't want and business practices you don't agree with.

DmCrybaby logic

Are you talking about me? If it is, then sorry like i just said, i bought the full game on PC for 60 bucks and played the entire games. I just finished my DMD walkthrough and i'm now on my Heaven or Hell walkthrough.

As for the DLCs that i'm pirating, i'm sorry but i would never ever change my practice about DLCs. Ever. No matter what anyone would say.

Nero.

I really want to laugh at this whole thing, really Capcom and Ninja Theory and the media people saying that the O.G. DMC fans ruined DmC (weren't they the ones saying that if YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T BUY IT????????), but it wouldn't mean anything significant. I mean, isn't that how things work? If you don't like a product, then don't support it? I think I'm missing something here...like, I don't know...are you supposed to buy something only to find out you don't like it, then trash it, especially when you've had the chance to test it out first...or something...I don't know. That's like a teacher telling the class that they'll fail all semester, then look surprised when they actually do. Or like...a computer shop in a small town dissing their customers and seeing their sales going down because no one's buying their products.

I mean really, did they expect to sell their 2 million units with all the "hater", "naggers", "stupid", "butthurt" "crybabies"and all those cute little words aimed at those who didn't like the direction of the game (and I'm not talking about those who just hate the game to hate it). Those could have been potential sales if they (Tameem really) could have approached the concerns with respect since the beginning. As much as I want them to continue with the classic characters, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended the series. Then again, I haven't bought a Capcom product new since...Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since they are just...confused with their direction right now. Reboots/new directions don't seem to be in their favor. Implementing new ideas might work, but...I guess they have to build it from the ground up...? And the sad thing is that I WANTED to like this game, but the gameplay made me grind my teeth.

I guess it doesn't matter now; this unnecessary divide split the community beyond repair, I think.

Best post in the entire thread.So nice I wish I could like it twice.

Agent47_89

If you haven't played the entire game you're not allowed to have a negative opinion on it at all.

But you're also not allowed to play it, get experience with how mediocre and tedious it is firsthand and express those opinions unless you buy it yourself, thus casting a $60 vote for a game you didn't want and business practices you don't agree with.

DmCrybaby logic

When did I say anything about not allowing people have an opinion on DmC?

there are alternatives to full price. I think you're taking hating DmC a bit too seriously.

Onecrazymonkey1

The thing is, you didn't have to support Capcom, you didn't have to buy the game at all or you could have at least rented it. Even if you hate some companies practices there are still people who work hard to make these games; it's their living. You basically admitted to being thief and that's kind of pathetic. Don't bother responding.

ChaserTech

The thing is, you didn't have to support Capcom, you didn't have to buy the game at all or you could have at least rented it. Even if you hate some companies practices there are still people who work hard to make these games; it's their living. You basically admitted to being thief and that's kind of pathetic. Don't bother responding.

To correct you: Thief =/= Piracy.

Nero.

He simply got his hands on a copy that's happens to be from the original someone bought or received and decided to share online so no it's not theft.

That copy is simply an duplication of the original disc.

someone word this better.

ChaserTech

Well you're a clever little troll. Piracy STEALS INCOME, so if you're a pirate you're also a thief.

1) How am I a troll? Please enlighten me.

2) How does piracy steals income when I don't receive any income myself? That's absurd.

I believe you mean piracy prevents Capcom from earning income from me pirating their product. I'm not stealing money from them. And I'm not taking away their original product from them since it's basically filesharing. If so, THEN I would be stealing.
Although I'm not saying that what I do is morally correct. I know this. But I'd rather do this then to spend money on a game I don't want to support, including rentals.

Onecrazymonkey1

He simply got his hands on a copy that's happens to be from the original someone bought or received and decided to share online so no it's not theft.

That copy is simply an duplication of the original disc.

someone word this better.

I've created things that people wanted to be cute and say they just "pirated" I'm not even going to go into detail because it's bullshit. I hate pirating and no matter how many ways you want to spin it I'm not going to ever agree with it. So that's that I'm done here, I've said my piece and now I'm out.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
1) How am I a troll? Please enlighten me.

2) How does piracy steals income when I don't receive any income myself? That's absurd.

I believe you mean piracy prevents Capcom from earning income from me pirating their product. I'm not stealing money from them. And I'm not taking away their original product from them since it's basically filesharing. If so, THEN I would be stealing.
Although I'm not saying that what I do is morally correct. I know this. But I'd rather do this then to spend money on a game I don't want to support, including rentals.
I really don't think all this talk of pirating should be splattered all on this forum. Isn't this how people get reported and then suffer real life consequences for it? Like fines and deportation for trial. :/

Nero.

~So Kawaii~

I really don't think all this talk of pirating should be splattered all on this forum. Isn't this how people get reported and then suffer real life consequences for it? Like fines and deportation for trial. :/

AWWWWWWWWW MAN

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
~So Kawaii~
:lol: かわいいですね .....the weebo in me has come out to play

AWWWWWWWWW MAN
Just saying....happened to a guy in the UK. There was a big thing about him being sent to America for trial. :/

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
It at least has the feel of two million sold, right? That's the important part

...what does that even mean?

I liked the game. But judging from this thread you're not allowed to? Wow. I guess I can't come back here then.:/
Just ignore the guys who are acting like pricks about it. At least you know when I hate on DmC I go into detail about my problems with it and I like hearing your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom