• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OG DMC Fans Blamed for Low DmC sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero.

First Enslaved now DmC I thought we were in the minority?
uq1PfBj.png

Funny how that works when DmCrybabies were saying for months that if we didn't like the direction of the new game then we should just not buy it and stick to the old games.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well that's stupid as F*ck.

OG DMC fans aren't to blame here. Well the entire fanbase as a whole is, but anyway, it's not only because of the "haters" its also to do with the fact that DmC was, to me, a game to start off the year. Now that these other games are coming out, DmC's gonna obviously get over shadowed. This isn't new. DMC3 was overshadowed by other games too, so I'm not too suprised with DmC. All I care about is "Is Capcom gonna make a DmC2, go back to the Original series and f*ck it all up like DMC4, or end the series completely?"

Nerofanheart

Well that's stupid as F*ck.

OG DMC fans aren't to blame here. Well the entire fanbase as a whole is, but anyway, it's only because of the "haters" its also to do with the fact that DmC was, to me, a game to start off the year. Now that these other games are coming out, DmC's gonna obviously get over shadowed. This isn't new. DMC3 was overshadowed by other games too, so I'm not too suprised with DmC. All I care about is "Is Capcom gonna make a DmC2, go back to the Original series and f*ck it all up like DMC4, or end the series completely?"
if one should be blamed it should be Capcom no the fanbase

chocolatepanda

I read something a bit different about how the sales turned out. What i read said that the game still had around the same number of pre orders that dmc4 had but DmC failed to bring in more casual gamers like it was intended to, sooo basically it failed to gain new fans while losing fans.

Overshadowed by what? Ni No Kuni? DmC crashed and burned in a dead month with practically no competition; with the bigger name titles on their way it'll do even worse in the coming weeks. pffh

Dominus

Yah no.... The hardcore DMC fans probably make up a sliver of the total amount of sales of the past games, and if out of millions of gamers how many do you think make game decisions based off of youtube comments and forum replies....... I predicted this game wouldn't sell well not because it was a bad game, but because NT games don't have mass appeal. I can't quite put my finger on what it is...

Also I think for the more casual gamers the game looked different enough for them to not associate it with DMC brand even though it was named DMC. There's a reason why brands don't change a lot, because familiarity can go a long way in selling anything to the average consumer (and if you don't have that put out a **** ton of advertising)

DragonMaster2010

if one should be blamed it should be Capcom no the fanbase

Trust me, the fanbase as a whole should be blamed because both sides aren't exactly mature about everything.

I read something a bit different about how the sales turned out. What i read said that the game still had around the same number of pre orders that dmc4 had but DmC failed to bring in more casual gamers like it was intended to, sooo basically it failed to gain new fans while losing fans.

I don't think so, because as we can all see here, that we've gained a lot more people here in this forum because of DmC, so I wouldn't say it failed, but more so fell short.

Nerofanheart

Trust me, the fanbase as a whole should be blamed because both sides aren't exactly mature about everything.

I don't think so, because as we can all see here, that we've gained a lot more people here in this forum because of DmC, so I wouldn't say it failed, but more so fell short.

the fans shouldnt be blamed Capcom owns the franchise and they did what they wanted it with it

DragonMaster2010

Overshadowed by what? Ni No Kuni? DmC crashed and burned in a dead month with practically no competition; with the bigger name titles on their way it'll do even worse in the coming weeks. pffh

If it crashed and burned, why did it make 1/3 of DMC4 in sales, get so many good reviews, and still has a fanbase?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
i rented the game lol

I did as well lol.

But yea, you can't blame this on the "haters" or "OG DMC fans", after all, so many supporters where calling them the minority and telling them NOT to buy it if they do not like it and stick to the old games.

So just because its doing bad doesn't give them the right to rage out when the haters actually did what they wanted.

That being said, I'm interested to see where Capcom will take the series.

If they do decide to do a DmC2 hopefully they think of ways to please BOTH sides of the fanbase in every way by not separating the two sides.

I know it wasn't their intentions to do so, but they knew very well of the risk of a reboot since they said they expected the fan backlash from the original reveal.

But admittedly, I would rather them get their sh*t together and make a DMC5 the RIGHT way.

DragonMaster2010

the fans shouldnt be blamed Capcom owns the franchise and they did what they wanted it with it

And they were hated for it by who? The fanbase. The people who didn't like it were assholes to those who did, and the people who did like it were blind assholes to people who hated it. That doesn't exactly bring new people in well.

Nero.

He's at the moment basically getting his ass handed to him via twitter and other places because how the **** can you blames fans for not buying a game they don't want.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And they were hated for it by who? The fanbase. The people who didn't like it were assholes to those who did, and the people who did like it were blind assholes to people who hated it. That doesn't exactly bring new people in well.

Yea, the whole thing really just became a ****ing contest between angry fans from both sides which also did not help the sales.

That being said, there are other factors to consider here as far as the sales goes.

Nerofanheart

i read an article somewhere that it was their intention to cause a backlash because it'd bring more attention to the series , well they got what they wanted , the fans arent to blame , you have every right to hate a game , but the ones who decide how they make the games are the companies

Dominus

i read an article somewhere that it was their intention to cause a backlash because it'd bring more attention to the series , well they got what they wanted , the fans arent to blame , you have every right to hate a game , but the ones who decide how they make the games are the companies
TBH I think Capcom's PR department just sucks. I think if the initial DmC reveal was a year later with game play shown and clear explanations for the direction of the game, it would be selling better. The initial trailer was very underwhelming (if you didn't hate it), and that really stuck with the game forever (first impressions go a long way).

Capcom did make up for this later, but it was wayy too late because many people already made up their minds. Meaty demo for people to play, free 10 dollar dlc with preorder, bloody palace free dlc, PC version coming out really quick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom