• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OG DMC Fans Blamed for Low DmC sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
That doesn't really excuse anything. If you thought Borderlands were crap then you would've basically played the game for free and not pay them anything for the work they put in.

Basically you're saying that if you like a game, that's only when you will pay them.

Yeah, at least rent it instead of pirating it if you wann'a legittly try it out and decided. At least then SOMEONE(the rental company) supported Capcom, instead of it being pirated for the express purpose of giving Capcom the bird.

ChaserTech

That doesn't really excuse anything. If you thought Borderlands were crap then you would've basically played the game for free and not pay them anything for the work they put in.

Basically you're saying that if you like a game, that's only when you will pay them.

I mean, if you didn't want to support Capcom you could've just not bought their game instead of pirating.

I didn't say I thought Borderlands was crap. I wanted to try the actual game out. When I did, I thought it was a good game, as well as Borderlands 2. So I bought them.

And yes of course, when I like a game, I will pay for it. That's common sense.

I didn't want to support Capcom but I was interested in playing DmC to see how it was in the combat aspect.
I tried it out, I wasn't impressed, therefore I didn't want to buy the actual game. That's my mentality when I want to try out a game that I'm slightly interested in and if I have an option to pirate it. Otherwise I'll either buy it used or not buy it at all.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd like to point out, after reading only around half of these, that if we fans of the original+haterz have 'won' and there is such a thing as sore losers there is also such a thing as bad winners.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I didn't say I thought Borderlands was crap. I wanted to try the actual game out. When I did, I thought it was a good game, as well as Borderlands 2. So I bought them.

I didn't want to support Capcom but I was interested in playing DmC to see how it was in the combat aspect.
I tried it out, I wasn't impressed, therefore I didn't want to buy the actual game. That's my mentality when I want to try out a game that I'm slightly interested in and if I have an option to pirate it. Otherwise I'll either buy it used or not buy it at all.

So you not only got a loaner copy for console to try it out, but also pirated a PC version so that you could play the full thing, do so as much as you want and not pay a dime...you know, for someone saying they're a fan of the series, you sure like to justify screwing it over.

ChaserTech

So you not only got a loaner copy for console to try it out, but also pirated a PC version so that you could play the full thing, do so as much as you want and not pay a dime...you know, for someone saying they're a fan of the series, you sure like to justify screwing it over.

No, I only got the PC version of DmC. And I tried the demo on my PS3. That's it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
ChaserTech didn't want to buy the game but still wanted to play it so he could give a full opinion on it. I don't agree with pirating things, but I don't see what's so hard to understand. He didn't want to support Capcom (I can't blame him) but still wanted to play DmC. Hell at least he actually took the time to play the game instead of numerous other people who hate the game and haven't even played it.

Agent47_89

I didn't say you thought Borderlands was crap, I said IF.

Also that's not common sense, that's just being selfish. If you didn't want to support Capcom you could've just not bought it.
Demos are for trying out games, rentals, borrowing off friends or used copies are for trying out games.

ChaserTech didn't want to buy the game but still wanted to play it so he could give a full opinion on it. I don't agree with pirating things, but I don't see what's so hard to understand. He didn't want to support Capcom (I can't blame him) but still wanted to play DmC. Hell at least he actually took the time to play the game instead of numerous other people who hate the game and haven't even played it.

I understand why, justing pointing out to him it's kind of unethical to do that. Despite how great or crap it is, paying for a product is just common courtesy. Whether is worth the price tag is another thing. PC version got a major price cut recently, didn't it?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

It's the pirating I take issue with. If you want to play the game in full, but what to test it first, rent or borrow, don't friggin' pirate it. He has legit given critisisms that he's justified...but you cannot justify saying "I want the full game, but i don't wann'a pay for it, so I'm gonn'a give the company the full bird and pirate it."

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It's the pirating I take issue with. If you want to play the game in full, but what to test it first, rent or borrow, don't friggin' pirate it. He has legit given critisisms that he's justified...but you cannot justify saying "I want the full game, but i don't wann'a pay for it, so I'm gonn'a give the company the full bird and pirate it."
Well like I said I agree with you about pirating, but I also agree with ChaserTech about not supporting Capcom because of their bad company practices.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
There is nothing wrong with pirating if the company you're buying for had bad marketing practices but doesn't give two ****s about it.

I bought the full game on PC and i pirated the DLCs. I would pirate the bloody palace but i would legitimately buy Vergil's downfall.

ChaserTech

I apologize if you guys don't agree with my practices, however like I said before, this is what I do when I want to try out a game if I have an option to pirate it. Otherwise, if I like the game enough, I will buy it full priced. Recently, I buy used games since it's a cheaper option for me and I can't afford to spend games that cost $50+ dollars each. Either that or I wait until the game's price is lowered so I can buy it while still supporting the company.

Agent47_89

There is nothing wrong with pirating if the company you're buying for had bad marketing practices but doesn't give two ****s about it.

I bought the full game on PC and i pirated the DLCs. I would pirate the bloody palace but i would legitimately buy Vergil's downfall.
You're kidding right? Just because you don't like their marketing practice doesn't give you the right to play their games for free. You have option of NOT buying their games, I mean gaming is not a nessacity.

Go ahead and pirate games, just don't pretend you're doing for some greater purpose.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
You're kidding right? Just because you don't like their marketing practice doesn't give you the right to play their games for free. You have option of NOT buying their games, I mean gaming is not a nessacity.

Right. I never pirated full games though. I always pirated DLCs but if the DLC is really good enough such as Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLCs, then i would consider buying it. Vergil's downfall seems have a good deal, so i'm buying it.

If you haven't played the entire game you're not allowed to have a negative opinion on it at all.

But you're also not allowed to play it, get experience with how mediocre and tedious it is firsthand and express those opinions unless you buy it yourself, thus casting a $60 vote for a game you didn't want and business practices you don't agree with.

DmCrybaby logic

Nero.

Why don't you just leave if you don't wanna be here?
And "wanna-be" community? This site is the most stable Devil May Cry community on the internet. Yeah sometimes we fight, but that's what happens sometimes with people who are passionate. And that's what this community is a group of people passionate about Devil May Cry. It's people like you who come on here and just sh*t on other people, and cause arguements that makes us look bad. This whole thread you've just been creating chaos, calling people names, being aggressive towards others, and then when a completely calm member (ChaserTech) tells you that you are going too far you just take a sh*t on him too.
I don't see why you don't just leave on your own terms since you think 98% of this community is dumb. I guess that includes you as well because you are the one staying on this site.
You might as well leave because this "dumb" community doesn't want you here.
P.S. Don't worry I'm pretty sure the mods will see your immature behavior and ban you for it, you don't have to ask.

you done?..........

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I really want to laugh at this whole thing, really Capcom and Ninja Theory and the media people saying that the O.G. DMC fans ruined DmC (weren't they the ones saying that if YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T BUY IT????????), but it wouldn't mean anything significant. I mean, isn't that how things work? If you don't like a product, then don't support it? I think I'm missing something here...like, I don't know...are you supposed to buy something only to find out you don't like it, then trash it, especially when you've had the chance to test it out first...or something...I don't know. That's like a teacher telling the class that they'll fail all semester, then look surprised when they actually do. Or like...a computer shop in a small town dissing their customers and seeing their sales going down because no one's buying their products.

I mean really, did they expect to sell their 2 million units with all the "hater", "naggers", "stupid", "butthurt" "crybabies"and all those cute little words aimed at those who didn't like the direction of the game (and I'm not talking about those who just hate the game to hate it). Those could have been potential sales if they (Tameem really) could have approached the concerns with respect since the beginning. As much as I want them to continue with the classic characters, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended the series. Then again, I haven't bought a Capcom product new since...Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since they are just...confused with their direction right now. Reboots/new directions don't seem to be in their favor. Implementing new ideas might work, but...I guess they have to build it from the ground up...? And the sad thing is that I WANTED to like this game, but the gameplay made me grind my teeth.

I guess it doesn't matter now; this unnecessary divide split the community beyond repair, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom