• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My DmC Pro-Rant/Analysis

ReRave

smug jerk
In the game, yes, but since these were youtube uploads, the framerate is significantly lower. It won't be 60fps when a video is uploaded at youtube, then all footage have the same fps.
No, the move won't take more time to be performed!

Frames Per Second!
You just throw in a lot more frames, but the time window is exactly the same.
A move with 30fps is exactly as fast as a move with 60 fps (The same move with different framerates).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

Frames Per Second!
A move with 30fps is exactly as fast as a move with 60 fps (The same move with different framerates).
this is true ^^

ZeroLove

Frames Per Second!

You misunderstand. I think McdD thought that counting it frame by frame would make it slower which is basically true, as 60 frames are double as much as 30 frames, but that wasn't what chocolateghost was doing as I tried to explain him.
Believe me, I am more than aware how fps works, it's part of my studies to know these things.

ReRave

smug jerk
You misunderstand. I think McdD thought that counting it frame by frame would make it slower which is basically true
This is where he's wrong and chocolateghosts link is very useful to prove my point:
http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
Look at the objects depicting 30fps and 60fps, if your Browser does it right, both of them take the exact same time to reach the ground and go back up, even though they have differing amounts of frames.

Believe me, I am more than aware how fps works, it's part of my studies to know these things.
No offense, but I can't see your point above. Unfortunately, my explanation only goes this far, since I can't show you original DMC-footage using 30fps for comparison.

ZeroLove

This is where he's wrong and chocolateghosts link is very useful to prove my point:
http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
Look at the objects depicting 30fps and 60fps, if your Browser does it right, both of them take the exact same time to reach the ground and go back up, even though they have differing amounts of frames.

No offense, but I can't see your point above. Unfortunately, my explanation only goes this far, since I can't show you original DMC-footage using 30fps for comparison.

My point was that when uploading a video to youtube, the fps on the original footage is lost, because of the type of videoplayer youtube uses. The smoothness of a 60fps game can't be seen on a youtube videoplayer, because the player more or less f*cks it up. To make it short, the youtube videoplayer doesn't do the game justice.

As you said, the speed is the same, no matter the fps. 60fps just means it can show 60 pictures in 1 second which makes it look more smooth than something at 30fps, but the speed will remain the same. When talking about fps, it isn't the speed of the game that is the main concern, it is the reaction time for attacking and dodging, stuff like that. Admittedly, 60 frames a second is alot of space to react, but most humans don't have the vision or the reaction time to do something at one exact frame within those 60fps where 30fps gives the player a more exact frame to react in.
This is hard to convince the hardcore players as they like to believe they are fast enough to react within those exact frames at 60 fps, but it is inhuman to do so.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Also, it was stated by Itsuno at gamescom that although the game will be displayed at thirty frames per second, the game input will be at Sixty frames per second. So the game should be just as responsive with no input lag. He also expressly stated that there are ways to simulate a sixty frame per second visual with the technology they are working with. That's why the combat looks so smooth for a game at that frame-rate.

ReRave

smug jerk
My point was that when uploading a video to youtube, the fps on the original footage is lost, because of the type of videoplayer youtube uses. The smoothness of a 60fps game can't be seen on a youtube videoplayer, because the player more or less f*cks it up. To make it short, the youtube videoplayer doesn't do the game justice.

As you said, the speed is the same, no matter the fps. 60fps just means it can show 60 pictures in 1 second which makes it look more smooth than something at 30fps, but the speed will remain the same. When talking about fps, it isn't the speed of the game that is the main concern, it is the reaction time for attacking and dodging, stuff like that. Admittedly, 60 frames a second is alot of space to react, but most humans don't have the vision or the reaction time to do something at one exact frame within those 60fps where 30fps gives the player a more exact frame to react in.
This is hard to convince the hardcore players as they like to believe they are fast enough to react within those exact frames at 60 fps, but it is inhuman to do so.
Ah. Didn't know, that you were talking about youtube.

Gbraga

What's wrong with auto lock?
Limiting your options is never a good thing.

This is not true at all, if you played fighting games you'd know that it is perfectly possible to do 1 frame links consistently

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D

This is not true at all, if you played fighting games you'd know that it is perfectly possible to do 1 frame links consistently
Ah right, so they have made it so it's auto all way? Yes, that is indeed bad.

But i don't think that's the case.

Gbraga

Ah right, so they have made it so it's auto all way? Yes, that is indeed bad.

But i don't think that's the case.
Looks like it is, since you have a launch button. The only reason for a launch button is the inability to press back+Y without facing to the other enemy, hence, auto-lock.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Looks like it is, since you have a launch button. The only reason for a launch button is the inability to press back+Y without facing to the other enemy, hence, auto-lock.
Thanks for explaining :)

Gbraga

Not that the game will be worse, it can feature as many moves (maybe even more) without hard lock-on, but not just taking away an option is a bad thing, but also auto-lock requires a more crowd control focused gameplay instead of one on one action, since it can change the enemy you're aiming without you knowing.

Again, it can be just as good, or even better, only different. The problem is that the hack'n'slash with crowd control based gameplay are not very good examples, like Heavenly Sword or God of War, instead of DMC and Bayonetta.

I'm still pretty confident from what I've seen and read, though, but they should realease gameplay from the pro players that they invited to play the game...

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
I know guys this is an old rant video but watch the full video as this guy unleashes his Rage and F-bomb!!!! ButtHurt :troll:

Tiran

The great pretender.

Those links aren't reactionary. They are reflexive.

Top Bottom