• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My DmC Pro-Rant/Analysis

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Don't think much. But it's about knowing his mother in a way that he remembers her. And that way is called love. And that video i posted clearly proves that.
I don't think a kid at age of 8 or 9 needs to know much about his mother other than knowing what's important to her and her love towards him.

So you can say that Dante's comment in the trailer as him saying he knows nothing of his mom except the fact that she loved him.

So he's got no reason to believe the demon.

The demon looks monkeyish to me.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
So you can say that Dante's comment in the trailer as him saying he knows nothing of his mom except the fact that she loved him.

So he's got no reason to believe the demon.

The demon looks monkeyish to me.
Yes, that could be what it means. Good point. But if it means what i think it means, then the story is kinda messed up, because what drives DmC Dante is the revenge for what they did to his mother.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Yes, that could be what it means. Good point. But if it means what i think it means, then the story is kinda messed up, because what drives DmC Dante is the revenge for what they did to his mother.
How do you know what drives DmC Dante?

Gbraga

What drives him is his hatred torwards society, he sees things for what they are.

DO NOT ACCEPT THE WORLD AS IT IS

He was tortured when younger and stuff like that. There's nothing mentioning his mother.

Gbraga

Oh guys it has been fun but soon I'll have to leave this forum... I don't want any spoilers so I won't watch anything of this game anymore, the only thing I still want to know is the release dat, so when E3 comes I'll have to leave D:

AngelMode

Yeah, Dante has rebelled against society (the demons) because he knows that it is a controlled society where everything that goes on is the work of the demons. And also he hates demons for "some reasons" that have not been fully explained yet until we get a little bit more history on his background. Though it has been mentioned that in his youth he was under the control of demons in orphanages and stuff. So that's probably one reason.

He has also been given missions by what the latest demo shows. I wonder if "Devil May Cry" is the name of the terrorist organization that Dante seems to belong to... instead of the name of his shop.

Tameen has never mentioned Dante's mother.

Gbraga

He has also been given missions by what the latest demo shows. I wonder if "Devil May Cry" is the name of the terrorist organization that Dante seems to belong to... instead of the name of his shop.
That would be FANTASTIC

Gbraga

It was stated in an ad Tameem never said it.
You're right, it was not Tameem, but it did came from Capcom themselves

"The Rebellion sword was given to Dante by his father Sparda as a weapon with which he could protect himself against the demons that hunt him. How Dante came in to possession of Ebony and Ivory or where they come from is unknown."

Quoting from the Capcom Community blog.

McdD

I could swear i have heard or read that Dante in DmC is angry also angry because of his mother's murder.
Trying to find the source but without any result.

Did i just imagine it because of how much DmC is taking from DMC? I don't know, i don't think so.
I will continue searching to get closure.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I could swear i have heard or read that Dante in DmC is angry also angry because of his mother's murder.
Trying to find the source but without any result.

Did i just imagine it because of how much DmC is taking from DMC? I don't know, i don't think so.
I will continue searching to get closure.
idk where you may have read that, but it has been confirmed that dante doesn't know his mother.

McdD

idk where you may have read that, but it has been confirmed that dante doesn't know his mother.
I don't think it's confirmed Dante doesn't know his mother. As Z218 pointed out we may have misinterpretated it. Because the demon says "**** your whore mother".

And Dante responds "My mother? I don't know my mother but if your calling me a son of a bitch then you wouldn't be the first one".
When he says "I don't know about my mother" : as in if she was a whore or not.

I don't think it means necessarily that he didn't know her. That's what i thought also but Z218 pointed out that i may be misinterpretating.

Top Bottom