• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My DmC Pro-Rant/Analysis

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

very nice vid....perfectly done....but i like to point out something with the prop in dmc4 when u keep holding the botton it lasts longer so maybe in dmc it was not a one touch but he kept holding it so thats why it took longer time...^_^

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
How did you measure the speed of each move?
well on my video editor i slowed down each clip to the same speed (1/4 normal speed) then with each move i wrote down how long it took and compared the times. with each move i started at the same frame that each move began and ended.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
well on my video editor i slowed down each clip to the same speed (1/4 normal speed) then with each move i wrote down how long it took and compared the times. with each move i started at the same frame that each move began and ended.
Wouldn´t a higher fps game use more time to perform a attack considering if you measure the attacks speed based on start frame and end frame?

And DmC attacks speed may be faster or equal to DMC games but how does that change the fact that DmC is 30 fps and it will be less smooth gameplay?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wouldn´t a higher fps game use more time to perform a attack considering if you measure the attacks speed based on start frame and end frame?

And DmC attacks speed may be faster or equal to DMC games but how does that change the fact that DmC is 30 fps and it will be less smooth gameplay?
it wouldn't use more time, it would just use more frames.
and yes with 30 fps that does mean it is less fluid because there are less frames, but from what i've seen it looks plenty fluid to me. i literally can't tell the difference between DmC combat and DMC 3 or 4 combat.

ZeroLove

In the game, yes, but since these were youtube uploads, the framerate is significantly lower. It won't be 60fps when a video is uploaded at youtube, then all footage have the same fps.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
it wouldn't use more time, it would just use more frames.
and yes with 30 fps that does mean it is less fluid because there are less frames, but from what i've seen it looks plenty fluid to me. i literally can't tell the difference between DmC combat and DMC 3 or 4 combat.
I can barely sense it myself. I think its more visible when JCing, the leap seems to shorten a lot at one point.

Top Bottom