• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My DmC Pro-Rant/Analysis

Tiran

The great pretender.
How is that video not giving no credit to NT?

It shows MGS R and DmC. DmC scenes was cinematic mostly so i agree it should be more gameplay.

But i fail to see how they are not crediting DmC team?

I'm referring to MGR and platinum games. ...And fix your grammar. "Not giving no credit"

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
I'm referring to MGR and platinum games. ...And fix your grammar. "Not giving no credit"
Your saying that MGR and PG is not giving credit to NT? OR what are you saying? Thanks for grammar correction :)

Tiran

The great pretender.
Your saying that MGR and PG is not giving credit to NT? OR what are you saying? Thanks for grammar correction :)
"Amen to that. This is all Hideki Kamiya fandom talking. I'll wait until both games are out before judging.
Goes to show just how big of fans they are. Kamiya has nothing to do with this game!!S#it frustrates the hell out of me when they kiss his ass and treat him like god even to the point of giving no credit to the director and team making this game.

O.K. I was referring to how fans of Kamiya use MGR to berate DmC. Kamiya has nothing to do with Rising at all. He isn't directing it and neither does the Bayonetta team (team little angels) have anything to do with this game. A different director and team is on that project. I was just saying how so called fans of Platinum games know so little about the game they claim to look forward to. They are so eager to see anything do better than DmC they disrespect the director and team who are actually working on MGR.

McdD

Goes to show just how big of fans they are. Kamiya has nothing to do with this game!!S#it frustrates the hell out of me when they kiss his ass and treat him like god even to the point of giving no credit to the director and team making this game.

O.K. I was referring to how fans of Kamiya use MGR to berate DmC. Kamiya has nothing to do with Rising at all. He isn't directing it and neither does the Bayonetta team (team little angels) have anything to do with this game. A different director and team is on that project. I was just saying how so called fans of Platinum games know so little about the game they claim to look forward to. They are so eager to see anything do better than DmC they disrespect the director and team who are actually working on MGR.
According to this link:
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Rising:_Revengeance

MGR was handed over to PG for them to develop it further. So PG is involved afterall?

P.S someone should make a Hack and Slash versus with these games included:

MGR vs DmC vs Darksiders 2 vs ...etc all in 1 video.

ZeroLove

According to this link:

MGR was handed over to PG for them to develop it further. So PG is involved afterall?

Yes, but I think what Tiran is saying is that Hideki Kamiya isn't part of the team that is on MGR. Yes, he is part of Platinum Games, but not one of the people working on MGR. That's another team.

McdD

Yes, but I think what Tiran is saying is that Hideki Kamiya isn't part of the team that is on MGR. Yes, he is part of Platinum Games, but not one of the people working on MGR. That's another team.
He is still involved in the project if not directly. And just like Capcom have taught NT to do gameplay better, it would be very weird if Hideki Kamiya have not learned his fellow collegues what he knows about gameplay.

ZeroLove

He is still involved in the project if not directly. And just like Capcom have taught NT to do gameplay better, it would be very weird if Hideki Kamiya have not learned his fellow collegues what he knows about gameplay.

How is he involved? He isn't working on the game. The only indirect way I can see him affect the game is if he is an advisor to the team on certain aspects of gameplay, but then he would still be credited as working on the game.

Here's another man that I think people give too much credit to. Hideki Kamiya, he made one game that is good, Devil May Cry, and many games have been made since that are WAY better. He was part of a team that made a whole new genre of gameplay, I'll give him that, but that's about it. Yet there are people who praise him like a god. He's just a man who had a good idea. Many other men and women have had better ideas and have improved that idea since then. And it is not like Kamiya solely made Devil May Cry, there were a whole team who was part of making it happen, just like it isn't just Tameem Antoniades who is working on the new Devil May Cry.

Tiran

The great pretender.
According to this link:

Platinum games is divided into several teams each headed by a different director. Kamiya isn't directing that game, Kenji Saito is. I repeat HIDEKI KAMIYA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH METAL GEAR RISING, AT ALL!!!!

Terrence

ah okay just wondering because it seems like you are questioning my intentions.
i take it as a compliment if you think i'm marketing the game because really all i'm doing is expressing myself through a video, so thank you. :)
and sure i will post some videos below showing people angrily ranting not making valid points.

look at the first comment under the video, and i quote: "
Believe me we the british... do not support New Dante... infact i will kill any member ninja theory i find lol"

passing off his opinion as fact.

Thing is these videos were made (especially the first two) around the TGS 2010 teaser trailer. There wasn't any info (good or bad) to give any valid point other than opinions on a cinematic. To expect that much from them with no info is a bit unfair.

ZeroLove

Thing is these videos were made (especially the first two) around the TGS 2010 teaser trailer. There wasn't any info (good or bad) to give any valid point other than opinions on a cinematic. To expect that much from them with no info is a bit unfair.

So judging them on these videos aren't fair, but them judging DmC just after that one trailer is fair?

Terrence

So judging them on these videos aren't fair, but them judging DmC just after that one trailer is fair?
They talked about their take on the teaser, not about the game. Plus many people made assumptions (good and bad) based on that one trailer. Not like they mislead you and said "These are facts about the game before it comes out" instead "DmC rant".

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay, i can see whatcha mean. maybe i will try to find some more recent rants.

EDIT:
here's a good example of a rant that misinforms.
in this rant he passes off dante as a literal terrorist and sexual deviant, which we know he is not. the only reason he is called a terrorist and sexual deviant is because the demons are trying to ruin his reputation. this is proven by bob who is saying these things. bob is obviously a bad guy and this youtuber is using what bob says against dante to make dante look bad to others.
in this video the youtuber also mentions that dante drinks now because he has a hangover, however dante also drank in the original series as well as the novels. in fact in one of the novels dante gets so drunk that he proposes to a mop, so again he is just TRYING to say negative things about this dante to influence others that he is bad.
the most unprofessional and totally unnecessary thing that this youtuber does is call the developer gay just because they have dante jumping through his trailer naked, in which you don't even see dante nude. this rant not only misinforms the viewer, but also makes a very unprofessional shot at the developer. is this example better?

McdD

okay, i can see whatcha mean. maybe i will try to find some more recent rants.

EDIT:
here's a good example of a rant that misinforms.
in this rant he passes off dante as a literal terrorist and sexual deviant, which we know he is not. the only reason he is called a terrorist and sexual deviant is because the demons are trying to ruin his reputation. this is proven by bob who is saying these things. bob is obviously a bad guy and this youtuber is using what bob says against dante to make dante look bad to others.
in this video the youtuber also mentions that dante drinks now because he has a hangover, however dante also drank in the original series as well as the novels. in fact in one of the novels dante gets so drunk that he proposes to a mop, so again he is just TRYING to say negative things about this dante to influence others that he is bad.
the most unprofessional and totally unnecessary thing that this youtuber does is call the developer gay just because they have dante jumping through his trailer naked, in which you don't even see dante nude. this rant not only misinforms the viewer, but also makes a very unprofessional shot at the developer. is this example better?
I believe the reason why people express themself wrong is because DmC is being advertised and spoken off as related to DMC story or character wise.

DmC from my point of view is a new game. It can't be a "DMC game" because if you base that term on gameplay then pretty much any game with similar gameplay to DMC games would qualify to that term. Prince of Persia and Assassin Creeds gameplay is very much similar. PoP was made before AC, so did AC end up being a game from PoP series?No, it's a separate game.

And if it's right to call DmC for a DMC game, then what differanties DmC from DMC? Answer: the story.

Despite DmC being a new story about a alternative Dante who's a demon hunter Capcom is using DMC to market DmC. And this causes confusion and misleades people which is natural.
Take the whitehair-redjacket Devil trigger - a marketing trick. It confuses people even more.

I rather see DmC Dante from E3 2010. He was a true rebooted Dante. DmC Dante 2012 is just a Dante that has become "Dantefied" (as in made into DMC 3 Dante).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I believe the reason why people express themself wrong is because DmC is being advertised and spoken off as related to DMC story or character wise.

DmC from my point of view is a new game. It can't be a "DMC game" because if you base that term on gameplay then pretty much any game with similar gameplay to DMC would qualify to that term. Prince of Persia and Assassin Creeds gameplay is very much similar. PoP was made before AC, so did AC end up being a game from PoP series?No, it's a separate game.

And if it's right to call DmC for a DMC game, then what differanties DmC from DMC? Answer: the story.

Despite DmC being a new story about a alternative Dante who's a demon hunter Capcom is using DMC to market DmC. And this causes confusion and misleades people which is natural.
Take the whitehair-redjacket Devil trigger - a marketing trick. It confuses people even more.
yeah the white hair red jacket devil trigger is totally unnecessary in my opinion and i hope either they get rid of it altogether or it evolves into an actual devil trigger.

McdD

yeah the whiter hair red jacket devil trigger is totally unnecessary in my opinion and i hope either they get rid of it altogether or it evolves into an actual devil trigger.
Let me clarify myself. If DmC Dante is a rebooted Dante it doesn't matter if his weapon is a baseball bat or a knife.
But Capcom thinks of sales and keeps Rebellion and other stuff. And the white hair red jacket was a major thing that makes people confused - in other words misleading people to believe this Dante is DMC Dante.

A rebooted Dante should have very little dominent influence from DMC Dante. Because that's the point of a reboot. I would liked DmC Dante to be a smoking highschool student who fights some evil creatures:
and his weapon arsenal could be a baseball bat and a gun for starters.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Let me clarify myself. If DmC Dante is a rebooted Dante it doesn't matter if his weapon is a baseball bat or a knife.
But Capcom thinks of sales and keeps Rebellion and other stuff. And the white hair red jacket was a major thing that makes people confused - in other words misleading people to believe this Dante is DMC Dante.

A rebooted Dante should have very little dominent influence from DMC Dante. Because that's the point of a reboot. I would liked DmC Dante to be a smoking highschool student who fights some evil creatures:
and his weapon arsenal could be a baseball bat and a gun for starters.
i see what you're saying.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Eventstatus is taking a while to reply to me sending the video
  1. He will bring it up in his next DmC video
  2. He saw the word "Hair" and immediately clicked the X
  3. He ignored it
  4. He hasn't checked his inbox
  5. IDK LOL

McdD

Eventstatus is taking a while to reply to me sending the video
  1. He will it up in his next DmC video
  2. He saw the word "Hair" and immediately clicked the X
  3. He ignored it
  4. He hasn't checked his inbox
  5. IDK LOL
I was about to close the page when i saw the white hair being brought up in video, but i decided to keep watching :p

Top Bottom