• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My DmC Pro-Rant/Analysis

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
2:39 right of Dante one of the demons that's died is still holding the vibrator weapon rofl.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
2:39 to 2:42 the demon that's fallen is holding the weapon and it's vibrating or whaever. And you get my point. Look at right of Dante at 2:39.
lol haha i see that, appears to be a movement glitch lol so did you enjoy the video?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I have not finished watching it. Anyhow i've experienced that sort of glitch in Demon's Souls also.
yeah it's pretty common, happens in gears ALLLLL the time lol but i'm sure they will polish out the graphics and physics much more before the game is released.
and i hope you enjoy the rest of it. :)

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
hmm youve emothionally exposed yourself to a bunch of strangers on youtube...this'll be fun :devil:

lol jk, i like the vid and how you werent asking people to love the game but not reject it completely. you showed both pros and cons and showed your facts in an unbiased fashion. tho i need to say im not sure whether you counted it but in some of your slo mos you started while dante was doing a different combo. also im pretty sure they will still have a lock on system but its still to be done. i mean why spend time on it when you havent finished your comabt sytem.

to sum it up, cool vid, cool music and cool you. speaking of music what was the songs you played? (other than devils never cry)

Azurel

Don't you know that DmC sucks? We'll have none of that positive garbage in this forum!

Edit: Joking, of course, I really liked the vid. Thanks, chocolateghost, for taking the time to make this. Hopefully it will keep the trolls at bay for more than five minutes.

Oh, I put it on my Tumblr. Hopefully all three of my followers will watch it. :p

AngelMode

Nice vid man. I liked the comparisons you've made. Some people sometimes just look at DmC and draw conclusion immediately without looking back at previous DMCs and seeing the similarities/differences. Like, just throwing in an example from what you said, someone might say "Oh no, the demons stay so long in the air, this gameplay is too easy" when, in reality, it is just about the same as the old DMCs.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Don't you know that DmC sucks? We'll have none of that positive garbage in this forum!

*southern accent* "im afraid we DONT TOLERATE INTOLERANCE AROUND HERE"

shirt_snafu_vaderchoke_LRG.jpg

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
hmm youve emothionally exposed yourself to a bunch of strangers on youtube...this'll be fun :devil:

lol jk, i like the vid and how you werent asking people to love the game but not reject it completely. you showed both pros and cons and showed your facts in an unbiased fashion. tho i need to say im not sure whether you counted it but in some of your slo mos you started while dante was doing a different combo. also im pretty sure they will still have a lock on system but its still to be done. i mean why spend time on it when you havent finished your comabt sytem.

to sum it up, cool vid, cool music and cool you. speaking of music what was the songs you played? (other than devils never cry)
yes i realized i started in the middle of different combos on some of dante's slow mo's, however i only counted the time that the actual move lasts not the video clip; i think i mentioned that in the video, or at least i hope i remembered too! :p
and thank you for the support! :) some of the songs are songs from a band called silverstein :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked your video but thought it was stronger when it addressesed gameplay concerns rather than his personality segments.

The last note on your pros should be changed from music build-up style system to music build up ranking system.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
yeah it's pretty common, happens in gears ALLLLL the time lol but i'm sure they will polish out the graphics and physics much more before the game is released.
and i hope you enjoy the rest of it. :)
I don't mind movement glitches. However, i must admit it does not look good in DmC. Whether it needs to be fixed or not is not up to me to say. But it just looks weird that's all.

Demon's souls it was no problem to me. It didn't make gameplay any bad or have any disadvantage. For example sometimes i had a corpse being dragged along by avatar's feets lol. If a skeleton is laying on ground to much without any movement glitches you won't have lol moments. Here are videos of Demon's Souls movement glitches to show you what i am talking about lol:

This one ain't that funny but it's ok:

ON-TOPIC:
The video is from my view a poor analysis if you ask me.

DmC is called DmC with lower case m, yet you call it DMC. Hypothetically let's say DmC 2, 3 and 4 comes out. Will you then wrap DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4 plus DmC 1-4 as "DMC series" or acknowledge DmC as DmC series and DMC as DMC series? You see my point?

The move comparison was lacking all moves compared. Example DMC 3 stinger: x seconds, DMC 4 stinger: x seconds and DmC stinger: x seconds. And you have compared far to few moves, and i am not even sure if it's really a valid way to compare the moves.

Dante from DMC 3 is around 19 years old. He is YOUNG. Dante from DmC is somewhere between 15-18 years old. So you saying fans saw a younger Dante is incorrect. All i saw is Ninja theory's Dante.

As for Dante's character being preserved you are right. But i have read many pro DmC complaining that DMC 3 Dante was a cheesy line guy. So why is it good all of sudden that DmC Dante is like that? And Tameem said early on that Dante was not cool which is really weird because as you have pointed out Dante in DmC has preserved dmc3attitude?
Tameem expressed Dante was angry and had anxiety in him and was in between demon and angel side. I have yet to see any acts of anger from him. Neither have i sensed his behaviour as what Tameem expressed. What i have sensed however is a character trying be DMC 3 Dante.

The pros aren't many. However, the innovating part from my view must be the music build up. That from my view seems like a innovating thing. The "Living world" and "it's fluid as other games" is no pros. If it's "AS" fluid as DMC 3 and 4 why would hardcore gameplay gamers want to play a less slower game? The pro "a chance to build a stable story" is incorrect.
DMC 1 had a stable story, then 2 , 3 and 4 came and it went to hell. Why? Capcom neglected story and focused on gameplay, and gameplay wise they achieved great levels (DMC 3 and 4).

I will credit you though as your analysis was not bad but it was not satisfying. I am glad you did not put "Play the game and judge for yourself" or "be open minded". If someone is gonna say that, and if it's developers of DmC, then they better have a demo for me to judge or be open minded about. I am not going to pay for a full game that i may or may not like.

Considering Ninja theory Tameem who is leading the project is a douchebag, i am not interested. I liked the old DMC story, very intrigued by DMC novels. And graphics isn't a great argument for me to buy a game. The story of DmC does not seem very original, which is what Ninja theory have been praised for.
If you compare DmC to Darksiders 2 PR: Darksiders 2 developers have talked about the product where as Tameem Antoniades have constantly talked about his thoughts on how he sees fans or a game, and in such arrogant way.

Again i will say it: the music element of DmC SEEMS innovating.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That was the worst 13 minutes of my life!! LOL JK!
I was expecting to hear your voice and than BOOM words. Lol
I liked your review because it showed that DmC is not all that different from DMC3 & 4 in terms of game play. If I didn't know this was demo footage I'd swear you were playing the actual game. Very well done sir. ^_^
OmG DmC stinger is faster than DMC4 Stinger! I don't know what to believe anymore!!
Give it up for Chocolateghost's superb video folks!! *Claps* :D:cool:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Oh god,choco.
You might become a celebrity at youtube :D
haha thank you, once i get an actual camera i will start making more videos and vlogs and such. i'ts something i find really fun to do with my time. :)

That was the worst 13 minutes of my life!! LOL JK!
I was expecting to hear your voice and than BOOM words. Lol
I liked your review because it showed that DmC is not all that different from DMC3 & 4 in terms of game play. If I didn't know this was demo footage I'd swear you were playing the actual game. Very well done sir. ^_^
OmG DmC stinger is faster than DMC4 Stinger! I don't know what to believe anymore!!
Give it up for Chocolateghost's superb video folks!! *Claps* :D:cool:
thank you very much sparda's rejected son, i'm glad you enjoyed the video. and yes the stinger is faster from my comparison, which i think is pretty accurate. so thank you for taking the time to watch it. :)

Railazel

Nice vid, quite superb, dear sir.

Though you forgot to add something to your Cons list.

DMC is (so far) officially discontinued, so questions and inconsistences from the original storyline will be left unanswered.

Top Bottom