• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Majin? or Sparda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Nero

Dante Aseroth;105130 said:
Ascalon Dante doesn't exist. It's just an imaginary form he came up with...

I'm saying , he explained that he got "Ascalon" mixed up with Alastor which he stated in another thread.

Now he's saying a corrupt super Dante??

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Although I agree that Sparda>Majin (at least for now) the fact that Dante is half demon while Sparda is a full one doesn't prove anything.

Dante=Half Devil
Random Bloodgoyle=Full Devil
Berial=Full Devil

And yet they are no match for Dante. Let's not forget that Dante's power is going higher and higher in every game, so the probability of him surpassing Sparda at some point certainly exists.

(PS: I really hope they made that Sparda game that we all wish to. It would give us answers to SOO many things. What made Sparda rebel against the Devils?Why was he the most powerful Devil and yet he was not the Emperor of the Devil Kingdom? How did he start the war against Mundus and his minions?What kinds of powers he possessed except the ones we've already seen by Dante?And stuff like those. But Capcom doesn't seem very eager to go at it. Although I can understand why, but anyway..)

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, and REALLY hope that game heads our way ^^

On another note, in DMC4, Dante did say that being half-demon (or at least not surrendering your humanity) is a path to true power.

Sparda didn't give up his humanity unlike so many of his other brethren, whether Dante will excel his father is yet to be seen...but where ever Sparda is...he will need to have been practicing to keep up :D

Keaton

Premium
^If Dantes power is 1/100th of Spardas, why couldnt Sparda kill Mundus and the other generals he faced in the early days? If Dante can beat Mundus and seal him away as Sparda did, why didn't Sparda de-throne him?

One of those nagging questions when people compare Sparda and Dante ^_^

Sparda™

Mundus is an entity. He is what keeps the Underworld balanced. He needs to be sealed, not killed or dethroned.

Zato-OW

King
Well same goes for Argosax. Sparda just sealed them all. Dante killed the Despair and came back from hell.Now Mundus was originally suppose to be called Satan and is considered the Prince Of Darkness. So who is the King? There is obviously someone that is stronger then him and to that fact he must have been sealed off while Mundus was the ruler at that time.
Man if Sparda was so damn strong why didn't he just take control of the Devil word after sealing Mundus,then clean up and close the human world if he cared about them that much? This is why i think there are Demons stronger then both of them that lurks around down there.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;123305 said:
Well same goes for ArgoSax. He just sealed them all. Dante killed the Despair and came back from hell.

Argosax was a powerful demon in the Underworld, not an entity.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;123311 said:
But the fact Sparda didn't kill him and Dante did proves how strong Dante is.

If Sparda's intentions were to slay the whole Underworld, he would have done so.

Dante is nowhere as strong as Sparda.

Zato-OW

King
Well if I look at it your way then Sparda cared nothing for humans and protecting them. The way I see it is if he could exterminate any threat to the human world, don't you think he would just simply destroy them? Instead he fought and sealed Argosax(didn't even fight the Despair) and hid all of the artifacts that can re-open the seal. Its funny because Dante completely owned the Despair with a smile on his face. Even the Demon in DMC2 that was said to be Sparda's rival got owned by Dante.

Sparda™

^ And what does that imply? Nothing.

Sparda couldn't have known about the greedy of the human kind for demonic powers. He also made the seals to the Temen-ni-gru and such, and to every other demonic power-related place.

Zato-OW

King
So him not knowing Devils that are lurking around the human world could possibly break the seals as for an example Vergil?(lol)He should have known better in that case. I mean he is a Demon his self and knew Demons existed in the Human World posing as humans in human flesh. Just like in DMC Anime. I'm sure Sparda isn't that stupid because Dante could spot them in a second. Even Sparda appears as a human but is really a Devil in the flesh. It is very stupid if Sparda sealed the High Class Devils not thinking they were no longer a threat when instead he couldve just eliminated the problem all together. I mean Sparda grew up in the Devil's world and knows exactly how long their powers can run from mainly Mundus. He must have been either weak from sealing his powers or just plain stupid not to destroy Argosax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom