• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Majin? or Sparda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, there has never been any evidence that Dante killed Virgil...all we saw was Virgil 'fly' off into the distance. I hope he is alive personally, I'd love to see him in DMC5 :D

Zato-OW

King
where do you get this disappeared stuff? Kobayahshi in an interview? He lies about alot of stuff on purpose to throw off the gamers and keep then guessing( Always believe the actual game before any interview). The game already states that he was killed and DEAD as in no longer living,deceased.

His body was destroyed by Mundus and soul was place into Nelo Angelo. Even if he is still alive(WHICH HE IS DEAD, SAID SO IN DMC4.) There is no way he will ever be the same. For the simple fact his body is gone and destroyed. The only chance he has in coming back is through Nero if they are truly connected. Other then that, he won't be making that famous Zero return to save the day.

I know we all love Vergil but let him stay dead, I would hate for them to ruin his character if he returns. See if Nero and Dante are around(Kobayashi has already admitted to loving Dante and Nero and despised Vergil for his fanbase, but at the sametime applaud him.)He already said that they wanted to focus on building up Nero's and Dante's relationship in the next titles.For Vergil's character sake it is a good idea for him to stay dead because there is no real way in having him return without some stupid story behind it unless its through Nero.

Now ill be glad if they gave us a playable Vergil in the game as an unlockable but that's as far as it goes. He should get his own mini anime on how he took on Mundus and the path he took to reach him. But they already hinted to his character in full flesh is not returning. That is one of the reasons why people tried to boycott Capcom like 1 year ago and for it being on the Xbox.(lol?).

Keaton

Premium
^True. If there is no corpse its not final.

Which is why so much speculation exists around Sparda ^_^

Zato-OW

King
OMG, IT SAID HE DIED IN DMC4,Departed=DEATH(look it up in the dictionary). You need no body, you have his soul inside Nelo Angelo for proof. YES HE WILL COMEBACK OF COURSE SOMEDAY(lol its capcom.) But as of now he is stated D-E-A-D. Even Dante knows hes dead. Other wise the whole stay in the family statement wouldn't have been said. He even said "It "belonged" to my brother" which he is implying that its no longer his. Why is he implying this? Because he knows he is dead also, after all he is the last one to put the finishing touches on Vergil/Nelo.

Now like I said yes we all know he will make his famous return but as of now he is Zero in MMX5(Dead until proven alive.)But there is no real way he can retain his body as he did in DMC3. He will mostly attain the Sephiroth syndrome. Which will be stupid and kill his character in alot of people's eyes.

Forgive me but I'm just alittle annoyed with the whole disappeared thing when it clearly states he was killed. But I know he has a good chance in returning unless capcom agrees with Kobayashi and says no.

Keaton

Premium
Departed can be interpreted as 'Dead/Deceased' or it can mean he has 'left/gone away' ie. "My brother departed, left for another land" or "I departed on the next train" :).

Also in regards to "belonged to my brother", it just means he doesn't own it. Ie. it was stolen, or lost when he became corrupted. There is no point in any of the games that you can 100pct say "Virgil is Dead", because everytime the story attempts to explain it they use words and situations that can be interpreted in many ways, such as "departed" ^_^.

If Dante said to Nero "It belonged to my Brother, who is dead" then sure, thats proof enough for me. But it could also be "It belonged to my brother, whom gave it to me for save keeping...".

Sadly, we are still at a loose end when we look at Virgil :(

Keaton

Premium
^True, despite my best efforts to steer it back to the Majin lol

Seriously though, where did this new devil form of Dantes come from? Its like nothing Dante has ever used? DO you suspect Sparda influence here?

Sparda™

If you do remember, Dante hints Sparda has passed into another realm in DMC2.

I don't know but, I think the whole shocking behavior of Dante, may result from meeting his father.

Zato-OW

King
Ok to end this all. When Kobayashi was asked about why Dante let Nero have the Yamato at the end of DMC4 he said it was the passing of the torch. He was asked did he mean Dante's torch, Kobayashi responded saying its up to the gamer to figure out what it meant.

Now what do you think this means? Why would Dante give away his brothers sword for the passing of Dante's own torch in the DMC series? We all know they are noway in hell finished with Dante.

Now I know Nero's taunts is a mix between DMC3 Dante and Vergil but the difference is that he uses DIRECT battle cries from Vergil and somewhat of the same of Dante's. They are trying to replace Vergil and its that simple. Obviously its not gonna work because as the polls show Vergil is owning Nero.

Ok but that's the end I will speak on this since you guys want to get back to majin buu or w/e.

Keaton

Premium
^^You mean the whole personality chance between 4 and 2?
Plausable certanly, especially since he wants to 'follow his fathers footsteps' by going through hell ^^

Sparda™

Keaton;123485 said:
^^You mean the whole personality chance between 4 and 2?
Plausable certanly, especially since he wants to 'follow his fathers footsteps' by going through hell ^^

Yeah, that's what I mean.

It's the only explainable way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom