• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

JUSTICE LEAGUE

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Looks way better then BvS did, now I won't watch any trailers anymore (I sure hope they don't tap into the same mistakes as BvS with their trailers)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I hope they don't make Batman too lighthearted.
Other then that it looks pretty cool

oh yeah, this too, didn't thought about that, this too lighthearted is kinda worryingly possible..

Looks way better then BvS did, now I won't watch any trailers anymore (I sure hope they don't tap into the same mistakes as BvS with their trailers)

haha! good idea, i'll TRY this too..

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm really digging it. wonder woman looks great, aquaman looks dope, cyborg looks amazing, batman looks just as good as he did in BvS. everything looks perfect...except for flash. i'm sorry, i have a real stick up my ass when it comes to the flash. ezra is written and acted too much like wally west, when he's supposed to be barry allen (kinda like the current tv show, which annoys me in that regard as well). also, i'd just want for the flash's costume to get rid of the black patches and make them red. then that'd be the PERFECT flash costume.
also, i hope they hold on to the "superman reveal" for the movie. because he's IN the movie, but i'd rather the trailers not SHOW it. much like we all knew that doomsday was in BvS, and how they spoiled it there. i hope they learned from their mistake

Last edited:

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I...focking love this. My relationship with DCEU movies has been an inconsistent love-hate affair, one that leaned more towards hate in it's BvS phase, but I have to say in between this and Suicide Squad, my hope's been rekindled.
It seems to have humor in it while at the same time retaining the grim and dark characteristics of a typical DC flick, which I think is what Snyder should have gone with in it's first two entries. It acknowledges and is even willing to poke fun at the character's mythologies, instead of riding their d!cks for two hours and a half. It's perfect.

Only issue I have with it is that it seems to be claustrophobic, too tight and too closed to be a major superhero team-up, but I had the same issue with Civil War's first trailer and we all know how that turned out. So it's really not even an issue. I know this is early footage. Also, I felt that Flash's costume was a little bit weird, but then we didn't get to see much of it. I hope Superman makes an appearance sometimes in the second act or late first act, because the squad feels incomplete without him (and Superman's absence could also be why I feel the film's too isolated).

Overall, I'm so looking forward to this. 2017 is gonna be one of those years, man.

Edit: Batman saying "I hear you can talk to fish" to Aquaman. Priceless. I expected The Flash or one of the other comedic reliefs to point that out, but I like it how Batman's become the Tony Stark of the DCEU.

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
my fear is that they make batman "the jokey" guy like tony stark. i'm cool with bruce acting like "a person" but i don't want him to develop this meme machine type wit like MCU tony. because then he's not batman...he's emo (MCU) tony stark. and that's not the character at all

Teal

@Jak, I humbly disagree. Bruce Wayne was always painted as someone who is full of sh!t (read: devilishly charmng). His Batman persona reflects the broken man in him. Granted, the line seems to be blurred in the trailer since he revealed his identity to Flash and Wonder Woman, but both Arthur and Victor seem to have no clue, as evidenced by Victor saying he thought Batman was not real.

Plus, it's obvious that the trailer is trying to reel in the critics who were disappointed with their last two entries. That also explains why they've released trailers for movies that are scheduled to pop up in theaters in 2017. I doubt the entire thing is gonna be the protags tossing jokes at each other like they're in a game of hot potatoes.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I don't mind if he jokes around as Bruce Wayne. Or even has a few sarcastic, or dry remarks as Batman.
But I don't want him to be too much like Tony Stark.
Affleck played the character fine in BvS, he can be more mellowed compared to how he was in BvS.
But he should still be dark and serious.

Teal

btw, "real when it's useful", what's that supposed to mean?
This version of Batman seems to only appear when something huge's at stake. He's in a semi-retired state, you may say, which is why he wasn't relevant prior to the events of BvS. In BvS, he made his appearance because he perceived Superman as a threat. In Justice League, he believes himself to be useful because, now with Superman gone and Steppenwolf/Darkseid's forces just around the corner, the ragtag group of misfits he's collected need a voice of experience to guide them. That's my interpretation at least. I know, it's kinda stupid to ramble on about a throwaway line, but you did ask.

It's a change from the active street vigilante that's portrayed in the comics and the Nolan/Burton films, and unlike his newfound penchant for killing, it's a change that I personally don't mind.

Speaking of killing, I hope he's "matured" past that already. That was what bugged me the most about his character in BvS, as awesome as he was.

I also hope the movie does well enough to not warrant a Sadfleck 2.0. I cri everytiem...

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
@Teal i'm cool with bruce wayne PRETENDING to be cheerful and flippant, but i don't want him to BE flippant. and while i know a lot of people hate it when superheroes are "serious" and "gritty" that's just who bruce wayne as a person is. maybe not around alfred or any of his sidekicks, but around other members of the league (w/ the exception of superman and sometimes wonder woman)...he's kind of a dick. he's still their friend, but he's very standoffish (is that one word...i think it's one word. until someone tells me otherwise, i'm gonna use it like it's one word). that's what i really liked about geoff johns, mark waid, and grant morrison's JL runs. their

also, i don't think you have much to worry about in regards to him killing. that was his (very lazily executed) character arc in BvS.

i agree with @AgentRedgrave 100%. i'm fine with bruce being sarcastic, and kind of dry, but i fear they're gonna take it too far to please the people who don't read comics and think every comic book character who is a billionaire should act like RDjr.

@tehrugger i'm not saying that batman SHOULDN'T crack jokes. i'm just worried they'll go overboard with it.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
This version of Batman seems to only appear when something huge's at stake. He's in a semi-retired state, you may say, which is why he wasn't relevant prior to the events of BvS. In BvS, he made his appearance because he perceived Superman as a threat. In Justice League, he believes himself to be useful because, now with Superman gone and Steppenwolf/Darkseid's forces just around the corner, the ragtag group of misfits he's collected need a voice of experience to guide them. That's my interpretation at least. I know, it's kinda stupid to ramble on about a throwaway line, but you did ask.

It's a change from the active street vigilante that's portrayed in the comics and the Nolan/Burton films, and unlike his newfound penchant for killing, it's a change that I personally don't mind.

Speaking of killing, I hope he's "matured" past that already. That was what bugged me the most about his character in BvS, as awesome as he was.

I also hope the movie does well enough to not warrant a Sadfleck 2.0. I cri everytiem...

i seriously did wanna know, cuz maybe it's some comic reference that i'm not familiar with.. and that's a good interpretation btw --like pre-BvS he's like a myth with him being on that "semi-retirement", and in BvS he goes into action again..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Even people who don't read comics, or have atleast seen the Burton or Nolan films.
A dry remark here and there is cool, but no more then that

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If I remember right, there was always sharp contrast between Batman/true Bruce Wayne and his casual attitude in public/Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne was socialite and flamboyant when he was in public, but Batman persona was grumpy and anti-social.

Top Bottom