• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

JUSTICE LEAGUE

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I...have a huge gripe with something about this trailer...

Batman. Now hear me out here. I loved how Batman was in BvS. He was a cool, tough, serious character. This is basically Batman, Robert Downey Jr. style. Bruce Wayne/Batman is now Tony Stark of the DC movie Universe...

...I didn't like it. It's trying to be too similar to Marvel with the Avengers, with this whole "I need a team of heroes because bad guys".

Uhh...I don't know. I'll wait and see if it grows on me.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well, what did you expect? The Justice League is a team of heroes that exists because bad guys, isn't it? Ain't copying Marvel.

They could have built the Universe up first before jumping straight to setting up the Justice League, just because the Avengers movies have a good formula that they clearly wish to mimic. And changing Batman into essentially the Tony Stark of the JL seems out of place for him as a character. Okay as Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark comparisons go, they're both intellectual and have a massive amount of wealth. But personality wise they're not the same. That's what I didn't like about the trailer.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I...have a huge gripe with something about this trailer...

Batman. Now hear me out here. I loved how Batman was in BvS. He was a cool, tough, serious character.

Let's not forget that in the first three quarters of that film, Bruce had no idea there were other people who shared his Mom's name. That was the barrier he had to overcome in order to be susceptible to character development.

I kid, by the way. Though in all seriousness, BvS Batfleck was a vengeful hermit who had lost his sidekick and was on the verge of moral bankruptcy. He was in a constant state of tranquil fury, which turned into raw fury when he finally got to face the man who he blamed for the death of thousands. You'd expect him to act that way.

Things have changed. Superman's no more (as far as they know) and Batman knows there's a cosmic threat approaching Earth. He has to learn to play well with others. Yes, it might seem like he is trying to be DCs answer to Stark, but here's the thing; he IS DCs answer to Stark. At no point did I feel like he was out of character in that trailer. We got to see the more humane, dank meme part of him, but he still had a stoic disposition and an edgy allure that totally separated him from Stark. I see nothing wrong with that.

They could have built the Universe up first before jumping straight to setting up the Justice League, just because the Avengers movies have a good formula that they clearly wish to mimic.

Edit: That's exactly why they took that approach. Because Marvel did it first, so they want to do it backwards. Go big in the beginning then branch out using the solo movies.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's just my criticism. I didn't like it and I gave my reasons. It's annoying that people feel the need to explain things to others just because they're not in line with their way of thinking. I don't like the idea of him being the DC equivalent to Tony Stark regardless. My thoughts on that won't change anytime soon, but I said I'll give it a chance.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
They could have built the Universe up first before jumping straight to setting up the Justice League

Would that have changed the fact that the Justice League would still eventually have to be assembled in order to face a very powerful enemy?

I mean, I agree, they should have built the universe more before (and even then people would have said they are copying Marvel, cause that's exactly what Marvel did btw), but even then, still can't escape the "need a team of heroes cause bad guys", as you put it, no matter how much universe building you do beforehand. Cause much like the Avengers, that's the purpose of the JL, having multiple heroes face a threat too big for a single one, ain't it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: My point isn't that they need a team because bad guys, it's that they jumped from BvS to basically assembling the Justice League with Batman as DC's equivalent to Tony Stark. My problem was how similar it all seems to what Marvel ended up doing with the Avengers.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
about this assembling, dunno where i read it --this thread or some other place, but it's a better idea to make batman assemble them rather than bruce.. least the tone would be different with batman doing it.. and by the slight chance, it could make it less related to stark

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
about this assembling, dunno where i read it --this thread or some other place, but it's a better idea to make batman assemble them rather than bruce.. least the tone would be different with batman doing it.. and by the slight chance, it could make it less related to stark

I completely agree. I said this to a guy that I work with earlier on today. You'd think he'd go 'recruiting' them as Batman to let them know who he is and all that, but he goes as "ordinary looking" Bruce Wayne.

absolitude

I completely agree. I said this to a guy that I work with earlier on today. You'd think he'd go 'recruiting' them as Batman to let them know who he is and all that, but he goes as "ordinary looking" Bruce Wayne.

and like you said, just wait and see, i personally love the visuals here, specially flash's suit.. and after reading some points here, bruce/batman possibly lighter tone does worrying for the fact that the image in BvS was what 'saved' the movie for most..

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Lol, DC won.

I wish someone would do a comparison video between Batman and Nighthawk already.

Moon Knight has more in common with someone like Red Hood imo.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I can't see the video -__-
don't worry. it's just a bowl of awesomeness

try this one. i don't think it's region locked

seriously, i'm finding it hard to NOT get pumped for this movie. i really don't wanna get burned by snyder a second time. i love how all the characters LOOK like they do in the comics. wonder woman looks like a cliff chiang drawing, cyborg looks like he does straight out of the new 52, aquaman is peter david's aquaman, batman looks like an ed mcguinness drawing, and henry cavill will always be superman to me. flash still feels weird to me, but i'll wait to see how he works in the context of the film. i just hope the movie delivers

Last edited:

absolitude

I can't see the video -__-
i'm always confused when this happens to me too, are some videos region lock or something?

don't worry. it's just a bowl of awesomeness

seriously, i'm finding it hard to NOT get pumped for this movie. i really don't wanna get burned by snyder a second time. i love how all the characters LOOK like they do in the comics. wonder woman looks like a cliff chiang drawing, cyborg looks like he does straight out of the new 52, aquaman is peter david's aquaman, batman looks like an ed mcguinness drawing, and henry cavill will always be superman to me. flash still feels weird to me, but i'll wait to see how he works in the context of the film. i just hope the movie delivers

tyler loechlin's face as superman in supergirl kinda gives me an ed mcguinness too, or at least he looks comical, either mcguinness' or benes'

anyway, i'm really liking the cyborg actor, and momoa seems like a fun and happy guy --surprising

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I'm starting to think Superman will be out for the majority of Part 1.

Top Bottom