• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

JUSTICE LEAGUE

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
@Teal i'm cool with bruce wayne PRETENDING to be cheerful and flippant, but i don't want him to BE flippant.

Yeah, I can see that. Your concerns are founded. While it could be simply wishful thinking on my part, I don't worry that Batman's gonna get a lousy portrayal in this film. No matter how many people supervise the movie, it's still a Zack Snyder film, and if Batman v Superman is anything to go by, Zack LOVES Batman. Dude has more lines than Superman in that film (at least in the theatrical cut, don't know about the ultimate edition) and if you ask even the harshest of critics to pick one scene that they thought was awesome from Dawn of Justice, they'd probably pick a scene where Batman's in it (most likely, but not limited to, the Warehouse fight). So, even if the movie turns out to be another mediocre Snyder flick, you be sure that Batman's gonna draw the praise.

Yes, we got to see a lot of humor in that trailer, but as I said, it's Warner Bros trying to reel in those that were alienated by Batman v Superman. That explains why they're making public trailers for movies that are supposed to be released mid to late 2017, where as Marvel's taking its sweet time.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I can see that. Your concerns are founded. While it could be simply wishful thinking on my part, I don't worry that Batman's gonna get a lousy portrayal in this film. No matter how many people supervise the movie, it's still a Zack Snyder film, and if Batman v Superman is anything to go by, Zack LOVES Batman. Dude has more lines than Superman in that film (at least in the theatrical cut, don't know about the ultimate edition) and if you ask even the harshest of critics to pick one scene that they thought was awesome from Dawn of Justice, they'd probably pick a scene where Batman's in it (most likely, but not limited to, the Warehouse fight). So, even if the movie turns out to be another mediocre Snyder flick, you be sure that Batman's gonna draw the praise.

Yes, we got to see a lot of humor in that trailer, but as I said, it's Warner Bros trying to reel in those that were alienated by Batman v Superman. That explains why they're making public trailers for movies that are supposed to be released mid to late 2017, where as Marvel's taking its sweet time.
dude...this hurts my life. i did end up watching the ultimate edition and funny enough, superman has more lines than batman. so...it's kinda lame they cut all his stuff (it was actually a pretty cool story). but yeah, i totally agree.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Jak
I think most writers just find Wally's personality more appealing and distinct versus Barry who is seen as a stick in the mud.

Reactions: Jak

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
@Jak
I think most writers just find Wally's personality more appealing and distinct versus Barry who is seen as a stick in the mud.
then why not just make him wally west...? because barry allen is an interesting character by himself. but he's not wally. and while i prefer wally to barry, i feel like if you're going to write barry...THEN WRITE BARRY. that's just my hang up. and that's my issue with both the tv show and the movie.

and speaking of the flash

flash-costume-90s-tv-series.jpg

the-flash.jpg

CoKDQmQW8AEL0Pp.jpg

it's like the suit gets worse every incarnation...HOW!?!

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Jak the movie suits looks robotic but I wasnt too concerned about the tv one (it looked fine)

With Barry, I think people use him more out of nostalgia and tradition rather than trusting Wally and his generation to pick up the slack. I honestly felt DC would be in a better place if they just move forward with his generation and the next then just trying to have their cake and eat it (which is why i didn't like the new 52/rebirth as much).

I guess why they haven't trusted Barry being interesting and compelling on his own is because they don't truly believe he is or just have more faith in a extrovert like Wally. Granted he was an extrovert more in the cartoons... but still.

Its why I didn't like Arrow as much anymore, half the time it feels the showrunner just wants to write a batman fanfic.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Personally, I think armored (but still lightweight and agile) suits are necessary. Even for the occasional metahuman.

Just look at my costume. Even after all this, I can still do flips and keep up with the bats.

Kind of.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Badass looking armor over cheesy ass tights any day of the week and every hour of the day. Jeez, look at that first Flash pic... brrr... I will never understand how this movie's Flash's suit can ever be considered worse than that ridiculous looking outfit.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm not really impressed with this but if this is like the original BvS Comic-Con trailer then I have not issues, it'll be a matter of patience till a real trailer shows up. I don't quite understand why Bruce is going off to meet these heroes and not Batman, I think the Bat would strike a more serious tone than the playboy billionaire from Gotham, I'm guessing showing that he isn't hiding from them is, maybe, a sign of urgency and need but I've been wrong before.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
@Foxtrot94 the problem isn't the fact that he's wearing armor. it's the fact that it doesn't look good. he looks like a power ranger. and it's just attributed to the black plates on the suit. now, if they get rid of those and then the suit will look great. but it just clashes too much imo. the 90's suit had the right idea, but it's too cheesy. and the cw flash suit is downright awful. a full body leather suit works for a character like green arrow or the bat-family, but not the flash. he's supposed to be the fasted man alive, not the most chaffed man alive. you can make the costumes in film still look like the thing from the comics while not making it look retarded.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Zack LOVES Batman.
Well, love is a strong word. He doesn't seem to love Batman, more like his own fanfiction Punisher-ish version of Batman. He also said he wanted to have Batman raped in prison if he was directing The Dark Knight, soooooo, I think it's safe to say Zack really doesn't care for these heroes. Especially Superman.
he problem isn't the fact that he's wearing armor. it's the fact that it doesn't look good. he looks like a power ranger. and it's just attributed to the black plates on the suit. now, if they get rid of those and then the suit will look great. but it just clashes too much imo. the 90's suit had the right idea, but it's too cheesy. and the cw flash suit is downright awful.
I actually don't mind the CW costume. I think it looks good in its own right even though I would prefer it to be a brighter red, and also have golden boots and gloves. They did however add the white background where the logo is so that was a good addition. I imagine it will gradually get better. But that suit is easy to forgive since the show is still so good. Even if the Flash movie sucks, we'll at least always have the great TV series.

But yea, I don't dig the armored look at all. Especially with the clashing black patches and fingerless gloves.

Found this edit of the CW suit, the movie should have a suit that looks more like this.
maxresdefault.jpg

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
@Chancey289 like i said...i have a real stick up my ass when it comes to the flash...and the CW show is only good in the first season. it's downhill after that. i saw the trailer for season 3, and there's some stuff to get excited for...but it doesn't look all that good to me. the costume i think is horrible. i actually like the armored suit compared to it, because atleast in the comics flash will ACTUALLY wear armor. but why in the 7 realms of hell will he ever wear leather? i just think the armored design has too much black on it, and the chest is too busy. but that aside, i can live with that if they get rid of the black patches on the suit and blend it in with the red on the rest of it. it looks better than the CW costume imo. atleast ezra's is a bright red and not maroon like the one on CW. superman and wonder woman can get away with wearing maroon, but not flash.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Chancey289 like i said...i have a real stick up my ass when it comes to the flash...and the CW show is only good in the first season. it's downhill after that. i saw the trailer for season 3, and there's some stuff to get excited for...but it doesn't look all that good to me. the costume i think is horrible. i actually like the armored suit compared to it, because atleast in the comics flash will ACTUALLY wear armor. but why in the 7 realms of hell will he ever wear leather? i just think the armored design has too much black on it, and the chest is too busy. but that aside, i can live with that if they get rid of the black patches on the suit and blend it in with the red on the rest of it. it looks better than the CW costume imo. atleast ezra's is a bright red and not maroon like the one on CW. superman and wonder woman can get away with wearing maroon, but not flash.
I've only seen the first episode of the second season, I need to play some major catch up. But I don't know, for the most part, people have said Flash has stayed pretty consistently entertaining. Arrow on the other hand started going downhill about midway through season 3, and while I haven't watched 4 yet, I hear it doesn't get any better.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yeah i watch flash once a while when it's airing, and i think it's pretty entertaining and fun, i have problem with the suit in it too.. but then again, i prefer supergirl much more --what an eye candy.. so, i don't how this would say for my taste

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
@Foxtrot94 the problem isn't the fact that he's wearing armor. it's the fact that it doesn't look good. he looks like a power ranger. and it's just attributed to the black plates on the suit. now, if they get rid of those and then the suit will look great.

Don't forget they're still trying to figure this **** out and seeing what makes it work. I bet the The Flash's suit will look better with time.

Just look at Cap's suit in The Avengers and then look at his suit in the subsequent films. Major improvements.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Don't forget they're still trying to figure this **** out and seeing what makes it work. I bet the The Flash's suit will look better with time.

Just look at Cap's suit in The Avengers and then look at his suit in the subsequent films. Major improvements.
I personally loved all of Captain America's suits. Even his one in Avengers which still looks great.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
It's also good to have some variation.

I started out with the ol bright spandex look, then I switched to an all black body armor, had a few variations *Someone mentions bat nipples* IT WAS A PHASE!
But pretty happy with my current look, the fabric covers Kevlar plates, so some smuck tries to shoot me from behind, thinking my suit's spandex, and boy, does he get a surprise when I turn around and rip him a new @$$hole.

Anywho yeah, Cap's suits, loved the First Avenger suit, hated The Avengers suit, it looked like it somewhere in-between his First Avenger suit and that get-up he wore as a performer.
Glad they brought the suit back in The Winter Soldier, but I also really liked the Shield uniform he wore, but didn't like that it was all blue.
They finally struck a happy balance though, since the Age of Ultron/Civil War suit is basically his Shield uniform with the traditional Captain America color scheme
Almost looks as cool as my look from 2008-2012 (And I look even cooler now :p)

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
hey leave my nipple out of this.. least i have the bat-card

btw, how was flash's character in the comics? in this context, barry allen, honestly i'm getting spiderman vibes from this one

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

oh god, don't remind me. aight, i feel you. and you're right, they can make alterations in future films. i guess i'm just a bit agro cuz they were SO CLOSE to what i wanted. but i'll give them some time.

btw, how was flash's character in the comics? in this context, barry allen, honestly i'm getting spiderman vibes from this one

he's basically barry allen in name only. he's acting completely like wally west. but i'm kinda used to that because the tv show's been doing the same thing

Top Bottom