• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Must be a glitch then , I've all difficulties beaten and was on the void the last time I played

I downloaded the update this morning at 4 am before work and it was just there on the menu when I launched the game

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Yeah I go there but it's not there. Do I have to beat the whole game again even though I completed it already on multiple difficulties?
No it should be there on the main menu, you only need to complete the game once, if you already completed it there Is no need to compete it again, strange that it's not there... Are you connected to internet? Try to close the game than open it again it should say that bloody palace is unlocked if I remember right.... Probably you were playing while the update installed try to close and replay

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am gona put together some screenshots of Dante with his hair slicked back like Vergil (thanks to the new taunt), and Vergil wearing a Faust hat in a duel later after work

Vergil95

I am gona put together some screenshots of Dante with his hair slicked back like Vergil (thanks to the new taunt), and Vergil wearing a Faust hat in a duel later after work
What Is the new taunt? Is the one that it s unlocked after beating bloody palace? And how to do this taunt?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It's after you beat bp as Dante , he points and says (the thing that you lack is this) , then points behind him as a flame heart symbol appears

Then he slicks his hair back and says what day think, I thought ud like it

And the hair stays slicked back for a while after even if you engage in combat

It's called special provocation

Vergil95

It's after you beat bp as Dante , he points and says (the thing that you lack is this) , then points behind him as a flame heart symbol appears

Then he slicks his hair back and says what day think, I thought ud like it

And the hair stays slicked back for a while after even if you engage in combat

It's called special provocation
The same one he did at the end of bloody palace than... How do you use it in game?

Vergil95

Didn't they say that there was going to be a ranking table for bloody palace mode? At least I remember reading it somewhere

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Not that I remember , it's bad enough the games no longer have leaderboards

I got over 30k stylish points in some missions and would love to know how that stacks up

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
A little bit of interesting trivia I learned recently: "Majin Devil Trigger" from 2, the unused "Perfect Devil Trigger" from 4 and the "SIN Devil Trigger" from 5 are all referred to by the same name in Japanese - "真魔人".

I guess you could interpret that lore-wise as Majin was an incomplete transformation into SIN until Dante finally mastered it in 5 and if the DMC4 artbook's entry about Perfect DT is still accurate then if Dante and Vergil abuse SIN too much then they risk becoming demons permanently... though sadly I doubt Capcom will use that going forward.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Played bp this morning before work , lot of fun but way too easy for my liking

And sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no 4th playable character

Not a big deal on the 4th playable character. This BP is only easy until you get to floor 80 and up. There are problems.

I never thought they would do this, but I am glad they did, you can now save after completeing a floor in bp. It makes completeing it less tedious as now you don't have to do it in one sitting. Smart move Capcom, smart move!

I was doing pretty good in BP until I reached cerberus. That icicle rain attack absolutely murdered me. :eek:

I was killed by those stupid Furies on floor 87. Goddamn things DT'ed sliced me good.

Goldsickle

I looked through Bloody Palace videos and you finally get to see how Nero's Buster looks like on enemies he doesn't encounter in his story modes, such as Cavaliere Angelo and King Cerberus.

Predictably, Cavaliere has that "beatdown" animation used for when Goliath is stunned inside the church, when used against Urizen on his throne and on Gilgamesh's weak point.
But King Cerberus has an animation similar to the Empusa Queen.

I may have overshot it but Nidhogg does not seem to appear in Bloody Palace at all?
I thought I could finally see what kind of Buster Nero uses against him, even if it's that same "beatdown" animation.

Also, does Vergil only has that kneeling stunned pose when fighting against Nero or does he also do that if you play Bloody Palace as other characters?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I never thought they would do this, but I am glad they did, you can now save after completeing a floor in bp. It makes completeing it less tedious as now you don't have to do it in one sitting.

Even if you die, or only if you exit BP manually?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Can you exploit this? Like, if you're about to die, can you exit manually and then come back from checkpoint?

Vergil95

Can you exploit this? Like, if you're about to die, can you exit manually and then come back from checkpoint?
You can press start and there will be an option where you can save and exit so that you can play again from that spot, however you can do this only when there are no enemy around, you cannot do it if you are about to die or you are battling enemy... To make clear, you can do this only when you clear a level and you are about to enter another level... If you die you cannot reply from there... Just try it yourself so you can understand it better

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Man, regular DSD is right behind Rebellion in terms of how much I like it from a visual standpoint, but the "activated" version drives me nuts.

20190403192411-1.jpg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nuts in a good way or a bad way ? I love dsd and rebellion

I often like to activate summoned swords with dsd and then swap to rebellion to have the swords effect outside of devil trigger

Top Bottom