• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
There was a 300+mb update this morning on my Xbox , turned it on to download darksiders 3 while I was at work and DMC 5 had an update

I already have bloody palace so it isn't that
Played dmc 5 right now and don't see any update, probably it s not out yet in my country...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Maybe I dunno , might be your on a different console too possibly

Ah ok find out later , haven't time now on lunch to check it out

Vergil95

Maybe I dunno , might be your on a different console too possibly

Ah ok find out later , haven't time now on lunch to check it out
I read that they take out the censorship from lady and Trish whit a new update but only in America not in Europe, since I am in Europe probably didn't get this patch

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm in Ireland dude which is an EU country, and what you read was for playstation

That stuff wasn't censored on Xbox

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I cleared SOS mode and unlocked the ability to use all of Dante's weapons. Played around with all 3 swords in the void. For the attacks that all 3 share, I noticed the Sparda actually does the most damage with Devil Sword Dante a close second. Nice feature to have, but I doubt I'll use it too often

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If yo use all seven slots , and put in the 3 swords in the right places you can make massive combos , especially as the sparda sword has such an incredible round trip

Vergil95

Did any of you noticed that Nero is using a ghost Yamato when he some attack in his devil trigger form? Curios ... Also when fighting vergil his summoned sword are ghost force edge just like dmc 3 and 4

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Its possible he got that from the spectral Dt from the yamato in DMC4

Which was most likely part of Vergils soul and power in the blade

Goldsickle

Yeah, great, except that no one ever said they didn't want a RE2 remake, in fact, the announcement was basically an 'ok, we hear you. You win. We do it.'
Hirabayashi did say "we hear you" but fact remains that the project only went underway because Hirabayashi was motivated to do it when no one else is.

Look at it this way:
If Hirabayashi did not submit his pitch to Capcom, we wouldn't get an RE2 remake.

Hirabayashi has shown interest in remaking the game as early as 2012 and talked about wanting to remake RE2 ("speaking as a fan, not a producer") back in 2014.

Fans can demand all they want but it's the team's final decision in the end.
There's a lot more to the whole story and thinking that the RE2 remake existed simply due to the pressure from fans is a misconception.

Now you're just being condescending.
Just paraphrasing actual stuff I heard over the years.
People from places like GameFAQs or Capcom Unity saying that RE2 should be "left untouched" to keep it preserved and "unsullied".

In all the discussions I saw, yeah, there were a lot of people saying something to that effect but the larger body of the debate was a question of whether or not they'd turn it into an over the shoulder shooter and on occasion it was also questions of them turning it into a 1st person like RE7.
Sometimes, it's an argument where certain people claim "over-the-shoulder = full-blown action and nothing in between".
Over-the-shoulder slow-paced horror does exist, in games such as Silent Hill: Homecoming, Fatal Frame and Siren: Blood Curse but some people are just too closed-minded to see that and went on to argue "Capcom are incapable of creating a toned down over-the-shoulder horror".
But it's only a matter of time.

The hope was for a fixed camera but the possibility of it being over the shoulder was always in the debate because of broad accessibility and everyone knew it was a possibility.
It's the other way around:
Guaranteed over-the-shoulder and a slight possibility of fixed camera.
I'd go as far as saying fixed camera was never a possibility, if people would only just actually read the last 10+ years of development history in interviews and data books.
There is no sign of any love for the older style anymore, plus the older style only happened because of technological limitations of the 90's.

Unfortunately, no matter where you go, whether it's GameFAQs, Capcom Unity and so on, nobody wants to know the truth.
All the old-school fanboys are dead-drunk on confirmation bias, looking for any ear-pleasing "evidence" that fixed camera style is returning, even if it's clickbait.

It's about the preservation of something we, or in this case, I, find meaningful.
The big fat problem about this "preservation" and "identity" thing is that the criteria are made up by fans and have no bearings on what the creator thinks.

Sure, fixed camera has been with RE since the beginning, for 3+ games.
But nobody on the team has every said that "fixed camera is a part of Resident Evil's identity".
That is something fans made up and has nothing to do with the creators.

The same could be said of any franchise or series.
Nobody on the Metal Gear team ever said that overhead view is essential to the "Metal Gear" name.
None of the Final Fantasy team ever said: "Final Fantasy = turn based only".

If you made a game series, how would you feel about random people on forums claiming that your series has an "identity crisis", when it's you who decide what the series identity is?
Nobody ever tries to see things form the developer's perspective.

This whole thing is based on belief:
Do you respect the creator's artistic freedom or do you think your words override the creators somehow?
From my experience browsing on gaming forums, it's very easy for people to flip-flop between these two.
I have seen one too many people convert from "respecting the creator's artistic freedom" to "creators must unconditionally obey fans", after I told them the truth about Mikami ditching classic RE style out of his own free will.

I'm sure the same could be said about everyone that disliked DmC.
It's not "the same" at all.
You're trying to redirect the discussion.

Let people discuss about remaking DMC if they want.
If you don't like it, you don't need to participate.

You are so certain they would implement styles and combat from 3 or 4-5 , but what if they didn't and they kept the original combat and just made it faster , maybe added turbo mode
It's easier to just ask Hideki Kamiya what's on his mind on his Twitter.
He said back on March last year that if he and his team remakes DMC1, they're confident about making it the best hack and slash ever.

Goldsickle

Man, Hell or Hell is kicking my ass harder than Dante Must Die.
I'm working on it slowly.
So far, I got No Damage against Mission 5 (Geryon) and moving on to Mission 6.

One tip for V is to power up your pets, read the book while turning the camera away from the enemies.
The demon pets will attack the enemies automatically, sometimes even give you S-SSS rank.
Because the enemies are off-camera, they can't attack you because they're programmed not to.
It's not 100% guaranteed but I managed to get both pets to weaken a Judecca and an Empusa Queen this way.

You need to remember to turn the camera back to check if the enemy is weakened.

Also: Royal Fork can kill enemies at low HP. They don't have to be in a "weakened" state, where they're faded.
If an enemy was just weakened and recovered, those can be killed off by a Royal Fork.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Royal Fork can kill enemies at low HP. They don't have to be in a "weakened" state, where they're faded.

I knew the other trick but not this one. Though V wasn't a problem. I'm on mission 12 rn. I find Dante and Nero harder cause while I'm constantly trying to get a good setup for Showdown/Real Impact and keeping enemies off camera at the same time, those ****ers seem even more hell-bent to get on camera in this mode. They always manage to flank me. With V it was easier cause movement and attack are disjointed in his case.

Goldsickle

I find Dante and Nero harder cause while I'm constantly trying to get a good setup for Showdown/Real Impact and keeping enemies off camera at the same time, those ****ers seem even more hell-bent to get on camera in this mode. They always manage to flank me. With V it was easier cause movement and attack are disjointed in his case.
I'm gonna abuse Break Age with Nero and probably gonna abuse Dr. Faust for Dante.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Foxtrot just use royal guard, especially on the urizen fight on mission 12 , then abuse quadruple s with sin Dt and the charged supernova of red orbs from the Faust hat

Fight is over in seconds lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Then charge devil sword Dante and swap to royal guard for an extra layer of defence , it will help build sin Dt for you too if you get hit

But luckily the hit won't take your vitality

Top Bottom