• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Kind of wish they had level 5 styles for Dante , imagine a level 5 swordmaster with an entirely new moveset for dsd

Oh the possibilities

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's a poor imitation of it and isn't as good , plus it ain't permanent like super Dt lol

One use for area the whole effect and the breaker is gone

Also I mean as a style anyway

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Tbh I've never liked Quicksilver. Always found it a boring Style to use. As well as going against the concept of DMC being a high octane, fast paced action game. Slowing everything down is... blegh. Maybe one of the reasons why I don't like Ragtime either.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Works great with the style switching mod in 3 though

As a standalone only ya it would be boring, but as part of style switching with quicksilver and doppelganger on the fly it could be great in 5

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's when the lil Caina knew, he ****ed up.

0l9abxh2z1q21.jpg

Credit to edheng23 from Reddit for this cool ass shot.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I saw a screenshot of Dante doing the killer Bee dive kick to Vergils face while Vergil had a Faust hat on in the official devil may cry club on Xbox

Was epic , all the screenshots on there are to be honest

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was going to let this drop since it happened so long ago and I've been busy at work but after reading it, why the hell not.
And you don't need the whole team.
No but some key people are necessary. For a graphical update you just need a skilled team but for a remake there is a finer art than just changing all the things people didn't like.

Coincidentally, Kamiya and Sugimura were also involved in RE2 and they weren't present when that game was remade.

And it's common knowledge how well-received the remake is.

You don't need the exact same director or producer from 10-20 years ago.

Yasuhiro Anpo was a programmer then but was promoted to director over the years and went back to direct the RE2 remake.

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi wasn't even around in 1998 but worked his way up from being a motion capture engineer in REmake to becoming producers for multiple RE titles, including the RE2 remake.
Yeah, great, except that no one ever said they didn't want a RE2 remake, in fact, the announcement was basically an 'ok, we hear you. You win. We do it.' After RE1 Remake and its take on the original RE2 was the single most demanded game in the history of capcom anything.

The RE2 remake changed the "fundamental elements" and people loved it.
I can debate the success of this interpretation later but the fundamental difference here is that for RE2 they were going for the spirit of the game. In DMC's case they wouldn't try to replicate the game's fundamental core, they'd try to replace it with with what DMC3, 4 and 5 have and, fundamentally, those game are nothing like 1. They'd be turning the game into something that's more in line with those games because of 5's success. If that's the case I'd rather have them to do a DMC3 remake, instead. For that I'd be down right ecstatic, but for a DMC1 remake to just be another one of those, as I already said, leave it alone.

RE2 fanboys said the same thing over the years:
Again. No, they didn't, they were demanding it. It's not something that came about despite the fans, it came about because of them.

"Don't touch my beloved classic"

"Don't you dare step on my nostalgia"
Now you're just being condescending.

"Don't turn RE2 into another soulless over-the-shoulder action game that's over-saturating the market"
That wasn't the debate. That was the question. In all the discussions I saw, yeah, there were a lot of people saying something to that effect but the larger body of the debate was a question of whether or not they'd turn it into an over the shoulder shooter and on occasion it was also questions of them turning it into a 1st person like RE7. The hope was for a fixed camera but the possibility of it being over the shoulder was always in the debate because of broad accessibility and everyone knew it was a possibility. Rarely, if ever, was the majority this naggy childish bunch you're alluding to.

It's all just hating change for the sake of hating change until it happens.

Yeah, you're right. It's all about hate. Hating change is why me and everyone who loves something get concerned when there is a reboot of it announced and don't want to see it altered to something unrecognizable. It's why reboot are such hit or miss. Not because they changed the things that made the originals into something that fits more with popular trends or just a general lack of understanding of the source material but rather plain old hate for change. It's not a need to protect things we care about, it's muh nostalgia. You know what? You got us. We don't love these things we just hate change.

It's about the preservation of something we, or in this case, I, find meaningful. It's about how when someone else gets their hands on it it's and interpretation and the loss of those elements that made it work, made what it is, made it memorable, because those hands didn't like it or think adding the popular this or that will make it sell better. It's about not wanting to it losing its essence to the crowd pleasing. Because not all of us just dismiss it all as 'who cares? It sucked, anyway.'

This isn't something that stems from something as trivial as hating just for the hell of it, it comes from caring enough about something to not want see become unrecognizable or lose that something because what it is and what is popular about it don't align anymore.

You don't have to like change but demanding that "everyone" needs to leave the game alone is, for the lack of a better word, closed minded.
So, hateful and close minded. I seem to be a rather boorish individual. I'm sure the same could be said about everyone that disliked DmC. After all, it's a similar hate and close mindedness is what canned any change that game had for a sequel and made DMC5 possible.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All I wanna know is , would a complete top to bottom graphical remake (only) , with identical story , audio , voice dialogue etc from the original, original story intact , original levels and level design intact

Not be amazing?

Adding in a few extra rooms or corridors in the castle on top of that for exploring and one or two new enemy types doesn't step on the toes of the of Devs , or tarnish the original game

You are so certain they would implement styles and combat from 3 or 4-5 , but what if they didn't and they kept the original combat and just made it faster , maybe added turbo mode

I completely get what you are saying but I think a lot of what we/I are/am trying to get across isn't being articulated properly

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
There was a 300+mb update this morning on my Xbox , turned it on to download darksiders 3 while I was at work and DMC 5 had an update

I already have bloody palace so it isn't that

Top Bottom