• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

Frazz

General gamer
What's annoying for me is that if Capcom are making a DMC5 (please, God let them be making it!) then they'll definitely avoid the horror elements that made the first game so great imo. In the artbook the interviews constantly quote them saying that the enemy designs in DMC1 aren't DMC or something and in general they seem to be against the DMC1 approach. Personally I think that they should make a new DMC with a simple plot of Dante getting a job and going to a haunted place to kill demons and it'd be set in a single location with a consistent atmosphere and design. From there they could have horror based enemy designs like the Marionettes (best enemies in gaming!) and DMC would be perfect. Shame this probably won't happen...

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
What's annoying for me is that if Capcom are making a DMC5 (please, God let them be making it!) then they'll definitely avoid the horror elements that made the first game so great imo. In the artbook the interviews constantly quote them saying that the enemy designs in DMC1 aren't DMC or something and in general they seem to be against the DMC1 approach. Personally I think that they should make a new DMC with a simple plot of Dante getting a job and going to a haunted place to kill demons and it'd be set in a single location with a consistent atmosphere and design. From there they could have horror based enemy designs like the Marionettes (best enemies in gaming!) and DMC would be perfect. Shame this probably won't happen...
I hear what you're saying but I like the craziness that is DMC3 and DMC4, the fight scenes and action that happen in those games wouldn't make much sense if DMC took a more horror oriented approach to DMC. I can't imagine Dante using a motorcycle as nunchaku in a more serious DMC1 kind of game but I do hear where you're coming from in a way.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I hear what you're saying but I like the craziness that is DMC3 and DMC4, the fight scenes and action that happen in those games wouldn't make much sense if DMC took a more horror oriented approach to DMC. I can't imagine Dante using a motorcycle as nunchaku in a more serious DMC1 kind of game but I do hear where you're coming from in a way.
You can have stylish action scenes in a horror setting. You ever hear of movies like Wicked City or Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust? Both are set in strictly-horror settings, and still retain their action-oriented roots.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
You can have stylish action scenes in a horror setting. You ever hear of movies like Wicked City or Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust? Both are set in strictly-horror settings, and still retain their action-oriented roots.
Would any of those characters in those settings use a motorcycle as nunchaku or do a little scene from a play right in the middle of fighting one of the biggest baddies in the game or anime? I hear what your saying about stylish action in a horror series, look at Hellsing, but that's not the same as Dante's stylish action and craziness in DMC3 and 4 in my opinion.

WolfOD64

Would any of those characters in those settings use a motorcycle as nunchaku or do a little scene from a play right in the middle of fighting one of the biggest baddies in the game or anime? I hear what your saying about stylish action in a horror series, look at Hellsing, but that's not the same as Dante's stylish action and craziness in DMC3 and 4 in my opinion.
Lot of crazy stuff like that happens in stuff like D.
latest
The only reason some of the characters don't pull off the same kind of moves as Dante is because they're grounded in a more vulnerable sense of combat prowess. See also, being physically unable to take a bullet to the skull and shrug it off. Even the protagonist, D (a character that has consistently served as one of Dante's chief inspirations), still has to catch and avoid projectiles out of fear of them killing him...as well as taking many hunter's precautions that Dante flat-out no longer does on the grounds of being invincible.
tumblr_m9xyvyIp7d1r3ilf2o1_500.gif

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Lot of crazy stuff like that happens in stuff like D.
latest
The only reason some of the characters don't pull off the same kind of moves as Dante is because they're grounded in a more vulnerable sense of combat prowess. See also, being physically unable to take a bullet to the skull and shrug it off. Even the protagonist, D (a character that has consistently served as one of Dante's chief inspirations), still has to catch and avoid projectiles out of fear of them killing him...as well as taking many hunter's precautions that Dante flat-out no longer does on the grounds of being invincible.
tumblr_m9xyvyIp7d1r3ilf2o1_500.gif
D and Dante from DMC1 do seem a lot alike, they even kind of talk and sound the same.

WolfOD64

D and Dante from DMC1 do seem a lot alike, they even kind of talk and sound the same.
And have the exact same origins. And the exact same occupation as a result of those origins. And are recognized by their enemies as the "son of the Divine Ancestor" of their respective species. And have the same preference in large swords.

And they both get a motorcycle-riding rocket launcher-wielding female friend who starts out their relationship as a rancid b!tch with a strong prejudice against them because of their species, before eventually siding up with them in the final confrontation against a mutual enemy.

Goddamn. Kamiya, Itsuno, Morihashi...you all have some Vampire Hunter D fetish you'd like to confess?

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
And have the exact same origins. And the exact same occupation as a result of those origins. And are recognized by their enemies as the "son of the Divine Ancestor" of their respective species. And have the same preference in large swords.

And they both get a motorcycle-riding rocket launcher-wielding female friend who starts out their relationship as a rancid b!tch with a strong prejudice against them because of their species, before eventually siding up with them in the final confrontation against a mutual enemy.

Goddamn. Kamiya, Itsuno, Morihashi...you all have some Vampire Hunter D fetish you'd like to confess?
lol, I admit I never noticed that, good call.

SoulSolus

I actually am really hoping for a DmC2.... I really think they could make a break with it, the starting was a little rough, but I mean at the end of the game you could definitely see the makings of old dante.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I actually am really hoping for a DmC2.... I really think they could make a break with it, the starting was a little rough, but I mean at the end of the game you could definitely see the makings of old dante.
It's got 0% chance of happening, Capcom already said that they're done with Ninja Theory and outsourcing altogether. DmC is dead.

SoulSolus

It's got 0% chance of happening, Capcom already said that they're done with Ninja Theory and outsourcing altogether. DmC is dead.
Ya but then again, why would they throw away all that development already put into the reboot, I mean they can go ahead and throw in some older but polished up mechanics but getting rid of and scraping everything the reboot had seems unlikely. That being said if it is DMC5, don't mind but I wouldn't want to rule out DmC2 just because NT isn't behind it, I believe there is still potential in it and that someone could pick it up for capcom. Plus look at the gaming industry as is, Fable legends went to releasing to now canceled and studio shutting down, I'm willing to say just about anything can happen. Let's just hope they don't just shut the DMC doors forever :'(

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Ya but then again, why would they throw away all that development already put into the reboot, I mean they can go ahead and throw in some older but polished up mechanics but getting rid of and scraping everything the reboot had seems unlikely. That being said if it is DMC5, don't mind but I wouldn't want to rule out DmC2 just because NT isn't behind it, I believe there is still potential in it and that someone could pick it up for capcom. Plus look at the gaming industry as is, Fable legends went to releasing to now canceled and studio shutting down, I'm willing to say just about anything can happen. Let's just hope they don't just shut the DMC doors forever :'(
You're hope is adorable, If you believe in prayer pray your ass off that it happens because I don't think it's likely.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
At this point i just want a new one id be ha[[y with a DmC2 or a DMC5. firt time on in months and this is the first thing i read, very happy right now

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Not entirely. There are still connections to Capcom Ninja Theory have.
Not according to their yearly financial results, they make it very clear that they are done with outsourcing to Ninja Theory and go as far as directly blaming NT for their bad performance in 2012/2013. I don't think they'd go back to NT after completely throwing them under the bus to their investors and share holders.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Not according to their yearly financial results, they make it very clear that they are done with outsourcing to Ninja Theory and go as far as directly blaming NT for their bad performance in 2012/2013. I don't think they'd go back to NT after completely throwing them under the bus to their investors and share holders.

Where did they blame Ninja Theory? It was Capcom who told them to do DmC and do it different. Capcom said they weren't going to outsource their game properties, that doesn't mean no collaborations. They even said that some workers at NT go to Japan to visit Capcom's company to teach them how to do game combat.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sparda's Rebellion said:
and go as far as directly blaming NT for their bad performance in 2012/2013.

'Directly blaming' Ninja Theory for DmC even though they specifically went to NT so the game had a different vibe. That's pretty shameful, trying to excuse themselves for their own 'mistakes'.

Top Bottom