• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Haven't read the entire thread. HUGE fan of Devil May Cry since the first one. Is a new Devil May Cry still happening 2017? I hadn't seen any details on any websites lately.

The picture in this thread is the only piece of information we have on a potential new Devil May Cry game. As far as I know, Capcom has not given any other info.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
The PlayStation Experience event started today.

Will they give us a fragment of info/hope for DMC5? We'll see...

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
maybe something comes from capcom on this since well MVC4 happens real so i think DMC 5 should too, please Capcom

Veloran

Well, still nothing on DMC5. At least UMvC3 is coming to PC, and I'd bet anything Dante will be in MvC Infinite.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
Well, no DMC5 announcement today but I expect Dante in MVC Infinite at least. They can't include X-Men this time, so the roster is already cut down. They have spots to fill for sure.

NeloAndJello

Hate to rain on the parade, but it says ending March 31st 2016, which means it began March 31st 2015, and DMC4 SE counts for that, so unfortunatley, we have no idea when or if the next DMC game is coming out

Frazz

General gamer
Considering that DMC isn't a big enough series to get cheers and yells from an audience I'm unconvinced that DMC will ever show up in an even outside of TGS. Our best hope is that they make an announcement on a random day like they did with DMC4:SE (I think that was the 14th December). It's unfortunately not a 'big reveal' due to its niche status. I'm not fully giving up hope until I know what Itsuno's new project is - if that isn't DMC5 then I will give up all hope.

Veloran

Hate to rain on the parade, but it says ending March 31st 2016, which means it began March 31st 2015, and DMC4 SE counts for that, so unfortunatley, we have no idea when or if the next DMC game is coming out
You realize that assertion makes no sense, considering that the timeline doesn't list DMC4SE's title, and places DMC farther up the scale than Street Fighter V even though 4SE released almost eight months before it, right?

In particular, those uncolored boxes clearly indicate titles to be released beyond the fiscal year ending March 31st, 2016.

Frazz

General gamer
I'd say that due to DMC4:SE/ NT DMC it could be argued that DMC isn't 'dormant' even though I agree that it has been dormant in the sense that we haven't had a true sequel in 8 years. I'd peg my hopes on Itsuno's project that he said he'd started on in January - if that isn't DMC then we can assume it's gone. I think the 'dormant' franchises is more about Megaman, Dino Crisis and possibly Onimusha.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
Devil May Cry is not so much dormant as in a medically induced coma. I really hope we can get a new game in the series. Preferably the original series (I have nothing against the reboot but choosing between the two, I'd pick the originals).

Top Bottom