• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
He is a freelancer, but I don't know if he would be back or not for a DMC5, but Capcom has other stellar writers there.
Bingo said he'll only work on DMC5 if it's a story with Nero as the main protagonist again, if that's the case then I'm glad he's gone.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Bingo said he'll only work on DMC5 if it's a story with Nero as the main protagonist again, if that's the case then I'm glad he's gone.
I know, he said that in the artbook, but now I'm not so sure if he is still so full of himself. After all time goes by and things change...

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I know, he said that in the artbook, but now I'm not so sure if he is still so full of himself. After all time goes by and things change...
As long as he fully focuses on making a good story revolving around Dante, I wouldn't mind having him back. I just don't want Nero to be the protagonist again.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Good question! I don't know names, but I still see good stories coming from Capcom's games, so they still have good people there. We don't know if Bingo was good or bad , in the sense Capcom's superiors meddle too much in team's affairs ( Kamiya complained about it too): we just know Bingo had a extensive story written for DMC4 and someone ( one of his bosses, I suppose) just butchered it. Kobayashi is not innocent of this too.
About a dull Dante in anime:
DMC1 novel describes Dante as being serious, philosophical, loner and calm, his one liners and that "devil may care attitude" was only a facade for making him felt at ease. People like to think Dante is some kind of a Ninja Turtle, but he isn't.
Taking into account Anime used some parts of that novel, the Dante we see in anime is his real "me".

I wouldn't mind the RE6 team because one of the new leads Jake reminded me of Dante/Nero but better so it would be interesting to see how they tackle Dante or Nero. Plus the game has a lot of callbacks towards past games so it would be interesting to see a DMC plot that built on the past as most of the stories feel disconnected from each other. You could tell that Chris or Leon went through their past adventures where you don't really get that feeling with Dante. RE6 isn't the best I know but maybe they could pull DMC together and push it forward.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/21/devil-may-cry-the-complete-series

I don't mind Dante having those traits and that's not why I found him dull. The IGN review explains it a little better but I thought the show wasn't a good take on the series. It felt lacking to me because it didn't explore the world or these characters very well and didn't build on past events outside of having trish and lady team up. Which was cool but it was the only cool thing in 12 episodes. So the anime is dull not because Dante is more "mature" its more because the only episodes worth watching are the two that don't star him.

Last edited:

Frazz

General gamer
What's now really worrying me is if Capcom pull a Street Fighter 5 with a potential new DMC. Apparently you need a permanent online connection to use the single player and there will be microtransactions in the future. It apparently feels like a beta and the campaign is unbelievably short. My concern is that a DMC 5 would have something stupid like needing an online connection purely because the store in the divinity statues are online so that you can buy microtransactions. Sometimes I'm in a place with no wi-fi and then I like to play my physical copy of DMC4: SE but if you are forced to have an Internet connection for the next game then I'll be severely annoyed. DMC is an offline, single player experience... Don't do anything stupid Capcom.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
What's now really worrying me is if Capcom pull a Street Fighter 5 with a potential new DMC. Apparently you need a permanent online connection to use the single player and there will be microtransactions in the future. It apparently feels like a beta and the campaign is unbelievably short. My concern is that a DMC 5 would have something stupid like needing an online connection purely because the store in the divinity statues are online so that you can buy microtransactions. Sometimes I'm in a place with no wi-fi and then I like to play my physical copy of DMC4: SE but if you are forced to have an Internet connection for the next game then I'll be severely annoyed. DMC is an offline, single player experience... Don't do anything stupid Capcom.
Man I hope that's not the case, I'm sure there will be some kind of micro transactions but I hope that we don't have to be connected at all times, that would suck.

Sesha

I doubt Capcom even knows what you guys want out of a DMC5. Maybe you should tell them? Now's the chance after all before the game is announced.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I actually felt that way when I found out there was only Nero and no Vergil in DMC4 Vanilla.

When I realized that he would only have the Red Queen I felt ripped off beyond belief.
Oh man tell me about it, I don't feel like it's a DMC game if there isn't weapon switching during combos. I hated Nero's combat, it was beginner ****.

Top Bottom