• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Intriguing update: Reuben Langdon's tweet has been deleted. I only have a picture of it on my mobile and have no idea how to get it on this site but believe me he did tweet for a fan to believe in it.
The ride will never end.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Intriguing update: Reuben Langdon's tweet has been deleted. I only have a picture of it on my mobile and have no idea how to get it on this site but believe me he did tweet for a fan to believe in it.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to put an image on these forums without a link/url? I can't find a way.

You can't upload pics directly from your device whether it is PC or mobile. Upload your pic onto a hosting site like Photobucket or TinyPic and then use the IMG HTML code here on the link they'll generate.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Well... this... became a thing. So i take it this is what Reuben and Johnny were probably mocapping for? It includes new dialogue and cutscenes that i can only guess were supposed to be in DMC4SE or new entirely.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
On the bright side 8:50 looks way to good for a Pachinko. maybe(a big maybe) DMC5 could look that good when it happens. :(

Sesha

On the bright side 8:50 looks way to good for a Pachinko. maybe(a big maybe) DMC5 could look that good when it happens. :(

If Panta Rhei is still alive, going by a comment in their recent financial report, and DMC5 is using it, it will look a lot better than that.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Lol! Didn't someone make a joke about those mocap being made for a pachinko?Someone hit the jackpot!
That was me.

raw

Reactions: Gel

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
If Panta Rhei is still alive, going by a comment in their recent financial report, and DMC5 is using it, it will look a lot better than that.
Dude, even I've lost all hope. It's over DMC is dead, f**k Capcom, I'm done giving a s**t about this series, I'm moving on. RIP DMC

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Dude, even I've lost all hope. It's over DMC is dead, f**k Capcom, I'm done giving a s**t about this series, I'm moving on. RIP DMC
Hey pal! i know what you feel but...to be honest I'm not even mad at it! Even if I had a liiiitle bit of hope, I always had the feeling I should be prepared to be disappointed. It's life for me, it seems...
The bright side is that we can give ourselves a rest for while, for we now know what was that mocap for and seeing how silly these new cutscenes seem to me, I'm more apprehensive about a future DMC5 than ever.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Hey pal! i know what you feel but...to be honest I'm not even mad at it! Even if I had a liiiitle bit of hope, I always had the feeling I should be prepared to be disappointed. It's life for me, it seems...
The bright side is that we can give ourselves a rest for while, for we now know what was that mocap for and seeing how silly these new cutscenes seem to me, I'm more apprehensive about a future DMC5 than ever.
Who cares, I'm moving on.

Sesha

Is this the project Itsuno was talking about? F**k Capcom.

It's not. The software division and pachislot/arcade division are vastly different parts of Capcom. Itsuno is not part of the arcade vision. He likely signed off on it, like he did with Trish and Dante in MvC3, but he definitely didn't work on it.

Before people go all crazy about this, this is actually the third DMC pachislot game. The first one was based on DMC3, and the second one was based on DMC4 like this and came out in 2013. Pachislot is an extension of Capcom's business. Video game software is still the core of that.
Look at it this way: If they make DMC5, they'll have tons of new assets to make pachislot games out of later on, as well as guidebooks, soundtracks, and other forms of merchandise like t-shirts and posters. Sales of video game software in turn drives sales of merchandise. At least, that's the idea behind it.

Last edited:

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
It's not. The software division and pachislot/arcade division are vastly different parts of Capcom. Itsuno has not part of the arcade vision. He likely signed off on it, like he did with Trish and Dante in MvC3, but he definitely didn't work on it.
Dude, I've been one of the people on this site always saying that DMC5 is happening, at this point if I don't see a trailer for DMC5 as far as I'm concerned, it's not happening.

Sesha

Dude, I've been one of the people on this site always saying that DMC5 is happening, at this point if I don't see a trailer for DMC5 as far as I'm concerned, it's not happening.

That's fair. It's up to you. It's got nothing to do with me, really. I'm just telling it like it is.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
That's fair. It's up to you. It's got nothing to do with me, really. I'm just telling it like it is.
I hear you but I'm just so bummed out that the mocap was for this. You make a good point about the previous pachislot games though, Capcom does need to make money that's strictly for a possible DMC5 but I just can't go there until an actual DMC5 trailer or an announcement of some kind. My heart can't take it.

Sesha

I hear you but I'm just so bummed out that the mocap was for this. You make a good point about the previous pachislot games though, Capcom does need to make money that's strictly for a possible DMC5 but I just can't go there until an actual DMC5 trailer or an announcement of some kind. My heart can't take it.

Maybe take a break from thinking about DMC5. When it happens it happens. Enjoy the summer, and maybe come back during E3 times.

The world is your oyster. Cheers and aloha, my good man.

NathanielEssex

Haven't read the entire thread. HUGE fan of Devil May Cry since the first one. Is a new Devil May Cry still happening 2017? I hadn't seen any details on any websites lately.

Top Bottom