• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Love the song in the trailer!

Also, I would like to take a moment to complain about the fact that everyone else is going off and buying physical copies of DmC, whereas I've been here in my room for six hours, struggling to get my digital download to work because video game stores in my neighborhood don't even have the game! *shakes fist angrily* And I suppose my city's not even the only one, I've seen a guy on Tumblr grumble that he had to search the entire town for a last copy. xD

Still though. It'd be easier for me to be happy for others once I get to play the game myself. *pouts*

Akame

i'm not on my computer so i can't post it but playstation's youtube channel added a launch trailer and it has q new 4 seconds dmc4 teaser. i squeed a little.

Edit:
Ok. Here it be.

Looks promising. I thought, that we will see Vergil only as playable character, nothing special, but I was wrong, it will be some campaign.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I have this weird feeling that scene takes place before the events of DMC4, heck maybe before DMC3 where they explain how Nero was born.
That seems like a good guess, but that would actually explain things...something that Capcom tends to duck when it comes to Devil May Cry.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I got my copy today. Just beat mission 1 but I gotta get to work. I'm taking a few while I'm in between spots so let me give my quick impressions behind the controller.

Here's my impression so far.

The Bad:
They changed the key location for the first one. It's right in the way, and I didn't like that one, it was part of the exploration and now it's not as fun finding it. I hope they didn't rearrange the items to less hidden locations.

There is a weird load right after 'Hunter's a brutal fighter' and the audio goes out of sync. It's the next gen and that one is super weird because it wasn't in the original. It's super noticeable.

Skipping cutscenes is still not an immediate action, that bugs me. It's almost as prolonged as the other council versions.

The Good:
Oh, yeah, that is much better. The smooth, high frame rate is so much more pleasing. It's so pretty. I see details I never noticed before. It's much more crisp. Like that scene where he's all 'and if I pull the trigger?' 'I'll die.' I never noticed that look on his face, that 'oh, wow' look. I saw a video of the old version and it's there but I don't know why I never noticed it before. All I can figure is because of how granny and undetailed the other version was.

Now I feel like I'm earning my ranks. Hardcore is less lenient than DMC4, from what I can see and I'm liking how it's forcing, nay, demanding variety. And that Turbo mode.

This feels right. That lock on is definitely not missed anymore. I don't use it %100 of the time but I use it and I like it.

All in all, I'm much happier with this product and I hope the rest of the game is as such.

GregaMan

I feel like something I said was either misquoted or taken out of context but I can't find where I said anything. I think I probably said we'd have a little something "special" or something dorky like that, and yes was referring to the teaser. Get it? Like, Special Edition? Special. ^^;

berto

I Saw the Devil
Get it? Like, Special Edition? Special. ^^;
1388313001384.gif

By the way, are you still streaming tomorrow or will you be doing that today?
Edit: Or at all.

Frazz

General gamer
Launch stream today at 5:30pm PT (so like forty minutes from now) with the producer Rey.
Be prepared for many more questions about DMC4:SE than ever. You'd best get started practicing the intonation for "we can't talk about it yet"! I feel so sorry for you guys because people don't get it!

Akame

I feel like something I said was either misquoted or taken out of context but I can't find where I said anything. I think I probably said we'd have a little something "special" or something dorky like that, and yes was referring to the teaser. Get it? Like, Special Edition? Special. ^^;
Well i expected to hear some special announcement(i mean pc version dlc) on stream today but seems like it will not happened. Sad, You just broke my heart Grega :(

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

oh man, that felt like thor's hammer to my soul.. welp, there goes expectation..

Devil Player

Whoa, this guy almost finished Vergil's Bloody Palace.

Lol at level 53. You have to beat regular enemies while dodging attacks from Hollow Vergil, who isn't even there. ;)

Too bad he died. I'm curious about what comes next. XD

Top Bottom