• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That new ending, with the booty grabbing, not sure what to think about, it sure its in the spirit of the game and is funny but I believed Dante saw Kat as a friend and not a sexual conquest by the end.

Well, probably he was just joking around with her, not actually seeing her as a sexual conquest... I mean, I can see him doing this kind of jokes. As you said, it's in the spirit of the game.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
That new ending, with the booty grabbing, not sure what to think about, it sure its in the spirit of the game and is funny but I believed Dante saw Kat as a friend and not a sexual conquest by the end.

As much as I will continue to spread the word about the ass grab, I don't think it was intentional. It was clear that he was slowly removing his hand from her shoulder (by sliding down I guess) and the last thing the camera saw just happened to be his hand on her ass.

scionicspectre

I'd do the same in your situation.
Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4, but getting this PC kind of brought its value down. It's so funny, I find myself hoping for console-exclusive titles to help me get more out of the PS4, but when that happens I'm irritated that the developer didn't release the game for PC. Ah, the wonders of mixed emotions.

To be honest, though, there are some terrible PC ports, so it's good to have the option of just preloading a game on release day and having an experience you know will be good. There's also the plus of not booting Windows, which is big for me as I'm primarily a Linux user. Unfortunately, both DMC 4 and DmC run a lot better on Windows than Linux as they aren't native ports (just using WINE), so I have to deal with that whole side of things just to play some games at their best.

So I guess the emotions are far more mixed than I gave them credit for. Who knew that being a Linux user played so much into my preference for console gaming? Haha, if there are any other Linux-using Devil May Cry fans, I'd certainly like to know.

Judge

But it didn't break Top 5 now did it? :sneaky:

[Skip to 0:24]

You guys should read the link again. It says DmC broke the top 10 pre-orders. While the PS4 DmC SKU, that means DmC bundled with a PS4 console, broke the top 25 pre-orders.

At this point its down to good word of mouth and reviews. I suppose it helps that its a good time of the year. Theres been no major releases I can think of, except The Order 1886.

The only nearby release I can think of is Bloodborne coming in about two to three weeks, but thats a different style of game, and DmC is cheap so players don't have to choose necessarily, they can have both if they want.

Also I haven't heard anyting about Xbox 1. Japanese games like DMC have never had a strong following on the Xbox consoles, it will be interesting to see if DmC can coax those fans. Especially since there has been no major releases on X1 i can think of either.

Top Bottom