• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Dante94513

I think it's part of the soundtrack from The Lost Boys. Never saw the movie, but I remember first hearing the song when Erod (blockbuster buster) reviewed Breaking Dawn Part 1.

Judge

I'm thinking of coming back to DmC.

I got the game yesterday, played through it one sitting and....yeah. It's great.

Bad:
I kinda wanted a bit more out if the combat. If you've seen the combos from the previous version you'll be getting the same here. Same move set :(

Kind if annoyed by colour enemies. Since they don't have hitstun, you can't juggle them. The game goes back to it's older versions' slow pace since you resort to using red weapons on all colour enemies just to get them out the way. I thought we were going to have the ability to combo them(you were so close).

Kablooey is still just as uninteresting as before

Good:
Love lock-on
Love the change to stinger
The game looks incredible in 1080p with a consistent 60FPS
Turbo mode is the best new addition
Love the added difficulty challenges
Hardcore mode makes for a more frantic and creative way of dealing with enemies
Like the new skins
Trickster dash is hype!
All the Vergil changes and additions are miry welcome!

Agreed mostly with what you said. I didn't care for the new lock-on. The previous lock-on was perfect for me and that reticle never interferred with my cinematic experience of the combat.

I agree with what you said about moves, I wanted more moves, but hopefully they get a chance to do another DMC game and they take that into account next time.

Aside from that, not sure how critics are scoring the game at anything below 8.5. Its a 9 this time. The combat improvments qualify this for a 9/10 game, no question.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Posted this on my Tumblr, figured I'd drop it here as well.

So I just played the first five missions of DmC Definitive Edition and here are some of my thoughts on the game. I’m playing it on Nephilim with Turbo and Hardcore mode toggled on. This is the game it should have been originally, except not really, because now the game is actually quite challenging and the entire point of the game was to appeal to skilled players and newcomers.

To the players familiar with hack and slash games I say: play the definitive edition and make use of the new features. To the newcomers I say: play the definitive edition and figure out what works best for you.

Over the past few months, I’ve mainly been playing the game on PC which means that in terms of graphics and performance, there isn’t much difference. I remember playing some Bloody Palace on PS3 a while ago, and being surprised at how grainy the game looked when compared to the PC version, even though I only have a laptop. So if you’ve been playing DmC on the PS3 or Xbox 360, you’ll be very pleased with how the game looks on current gen.

I’m surprised to note that I’ve actually had to use items every now and then even though I’m playing on Nephilim. I always thought that was ridiculously easy for what the game calls “the way DmC is meant to be played”. But with Hardcore mode turned on, enemies do much more damage and it seems to me that Dante’s damage has decreased. That being said, the fact that I’m using custom button mapping has an effect on my play style as I’m definitely not used to the way I’m suddenly forcing myself to play the game. It’s all for the greater good though, one day I hope to be able to make my own combo video.

I’ve read in the change log that the creative director has decided to redistribute the collectibles to places where they are relatively easier to find, which is actually good in my opinion. They aren’t presented to you on a silver platter, but I’m much less concerned with getting collectibles now, I’m actually more interested in making sure I don’t completely mess up my fights.

Another thing I liked was in the fifth mission. At the end of the mission, there’s this big fight where you fight hordes of demons while avoid the toxic acid or whatever it is. It was always more of an annoyance than a challenge to me, and I was surprised to see it completely gone during combat. I don’t know if it’ll return in higher difficulties, but I hope not.

I don’t have much to say about the Turbo mode. All I can say is that I will never be turning it off. I’ve been using it on PC as well so I’ve already grown accustomed to it. However, I wouldn’t mind an option to crank it up to 30% or hell, even 40%.

I'm barely using the Lock-on feature, actually.

ji-high

This game is now tied with DMC3 as best of the franchise for me(it would be the best if it had a couple more moves). Difficulty, style system decay, color coded enemies, etc...everything is perfect. The graphical update is also very nice. I realized that the PS360 version didn't really do NT artists justice because wow....This game is beautiful.

Turbo Mode has always looked a bit silly to me and still does. Haven't used Lock On once so far:whistle:

Let's see what Capcom can come up with. It's a good year to be a Devil May Cry fan indeed.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I don’t have much to say about the Turbo mode. All I can say is that I will never be turning it off. I’ve been using it on PC as well so I’ve already grown accustomed to it. However, I wouldn’t mind an option to crank it up to 30% or hell, even 40%.

I'm barely using the Lock-on feature, actually.

yep, turbo mode gives more intense, exciting gameplay, it's a very much significant feature.. i understand why they don't implement it on the vanilla version on console, but on PC, it should've been there from the start, since PC is verymuch capable for it.. my rig isn't crazy, and it still handles the turbo mod effortlessly..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
For those who already bought it: did they tweak the massive color saturation in Limbo a bit? Cause in vanilla, it hurt my eyes after a while, even on PC with a higher resolution.

Also, what about the texture pop in?

sssensational

Supporter 2014
For those who already bought it: did they tweak the massive color saturation in Limbo a bit? Cause in vanilla, it hurt my eyes after a while, even on PC with a higher resolution.

Also, what about the texture pop in?

I'm not really noticing a difference, but I'm curious to see what Lilith's club looks like. That mission was definitely a color explosion to the eye balls.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm glad they didn't nerf the colors- they were one of the best things about this game. I never found the chroma excessive to the point of physical pain.

Good for you.

xD after Lilith's night club level, I was like

45796122.jpg

sssensational

Supporter 2014
In mission 8 (I think) there was this area where you had to use devil trigger and then enemy step on a bunch of enemies to reach a higher platform for a gold key. After reading the change log, I'm not surprised to see it's gone. There's also a lost soul stuck high on a tower in Vergil's Downfall where you have to enemy step constantly to get up higher in the air, I hope they removed that one too.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yea It would be great to have those colors nerfed IMO.

Felt to bright and colorful for my liking, especially in a Devil May Cry game.

I still wish they had kept the dark and gritty look of Limbo that they had in the initial trailer.

Judge

My question is when will we get sales numbers?

I doubt we'll hear anything solid for at least 4 to 5 months.

For what its worth, DMC3 SE sold 1 mil copies, so if DmC can manage the same I'm sure Capcom will consider it a sucess.

Top Bottom