• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's just a slight extension, probably doesn't allude to anything in particular.

It's funny though. It reminds me of That 70s Show, where Hyde was talking to Donna, and then left his hand on her thigh. She said "Move your hand" and he just started rubbing her leg. It's more a goofball act of endearment than anything.

Especially consider that they constantly talked about how Kat wasn't meant or written to be a love interest to Dante.

Devil Player

I noticed they changed some messages during gameplay.

For example, in DmC, if one demon gets killed by the other one, the message "wrong team" appears.

Now, if the same happens in DmC DE, the message "friendly fire" appears.

The environmental message appears in DmC. However, it's changed to environment kill in DmC DE. I'm curious to know if there are more changes in that regard. ;)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If it's like other change logs, it might not go into too much detail for things like cutscene changes. Usually the most you get is "[change] was made to prevent [glitch]" kind of stuff. Other changes are just rather self-explanatory, eg "Style modifiers changed."

corrnata

If it's like other change logs, it might not go into too much detail for things like cutscene changes. Usually the most you get is "[change] was made to prevent [glitch]" kind of stuff. Other changes are just rather self-explanatory, eg "Style modifiers changed."
So like "Dante reaches for the kats booty because he wants the booty" if I don't see that on the list then ill be disappointed

ji-high

I don't know if this has been explained before but how do the ghost/blood rages work now? In the PS360 version when you don't have the right weapon equipped they are almost invisible and your attacks don't even connect.

ji-high

I don't know if this has been explained before but how do the ghost/blood rages work now? In the PS360 version when you don't have the right weapon equipped they are almost invisible and your attacks don't even connect.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Definitely pumped, can't wait to pick up my copy tomorrow! Hope the change-log is released tomorrow as well. Loving the fact that there are little changes here and there in aspects other than gameplay, some incentive to not skip cut scenes my first go-around.

In preparation, I decided to do a no-death run on M16 Dante Must Die. Was able to beat a certain some-ones score. :D
2015-03-09_00001.jpg

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Definitely pumped, can't wait to pick up my copy tomorrow! Hope the change-log is released tomorrow as well. Loving the fact that there are little changes here and there in aspects other than gameplay, some incentive to not skip cut scenes my first go-around.

In preparation, I decided to do a no-death run on M16 Dante Must Die. Was able to be a certain some-ones score. :D
2015-03-09_00001.jpg

You hear that clankin' sound? That's DantesLink throwin' down the gauntlet!

8BitHero

Scrub
I'm thinking of coming back to DmC.

I got the game yesterday, played through it one sitting and....yeah. It's great.

Bad:
I kinda wanted a bit more out if the combat. If you've seen the combos from the previous version you'll be getting the same here. Same move set :(

Kind if annoyed by colour enemies. Since they don't have hitstun, you can't juggle them. The game goes back to it's older versions' slow pace since you resort to using red weapons on all colour enemies just to get them out the way. I thought we were going to have the ability to combo them(you were so close).

Kablooey is still just as uninteresting as before

Good:
Love lock-on
Love the change to stinger
The game looks incredible in 1080p with a consistent 60FPS
Turbo mode is the best new addition
Love the added difficulty challenges
Hardcore mode makes for a more frantic and creative way of dealing with enemies
Like the new skins
Trickster dash is hype!
All the Vergil changes and additions are miry welcome!

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I can't wait to figure out, a month from now, how many copies have been sold. I'm tracking the tag on Twitter and Tumblr and I see a lot of people talking about how they bought the game. I guess I shouldn't be this surprised, it's a fun as heck game that now got even better.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
So I thought nothing was going to ruin this day for me but hey, you know what can ruin this day for me?

STORES NOT ACTUALLY HAVING THE GAME.

Top Bottom