• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Judge

Gregaman, was wonderng something.

When you complete secret missions we get a Health Cross or a Purple Cross to upgrade the health and the DT bars.

Why did they give us crosses instead of Blue and Purple Orbs?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Just finished the main story. I gotta say.

I am SO digging the changes to the Vergil boss fight. He's much more aggressive! I played his boss fight a lot of times though so I got hit once before the doppelganger showed up. But when the doppelganger showed up, I was forced to use my devil trigger because yes, that's how much health I lost frantically trying not to get hit by Vergil or his doppelganger. It's a lot more fun now.

Sadly the Mundus boss fight is still meh, but that's what it'll always be I suppose. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was playing mission 4 today and I got to that part with the fountain right after the first demon chard and the lock on didn't work. I think it was locking on but I didn't see the cursor. Did this happen to anyone else?

Frazz

General gamer
I was playing mission 4 today and I got to that part with the fountain right after the first demon chard and the lock on didn't work. I think it was locking on but I didn't see the cursor. Did this happen to anyone else?
Yeah I have had something similar, usually when a new wave of enemies appears. I just keep trying and it eventually shows up.

I have an issue on the PS4 version with Dante randomly walking instead of running... Anyone else have that?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Gregaman, was wonderng something.

When you complete secret missions we get a Health Cross or a Purple Cross to upgrade the health and the DT bars.

Why did they give us crosses instead of Blue and Purple Orbs?

I was thinking about that today, actually, and what I figure is that having a wholly different item for upgrades is better than literally everything being an orb.

Judge

VG

VGchartz will give some idea?

You would think so, but their sales numbers for the DMC series appear to be in complete disagreement with Capcom's sales figures.

If the game made the top 10, we'll find out next week. If it made the top 10 then Vgchartz might have a good estimate for the first week sales. After the first few weeks I doubt Vgchartz will be reliable.

Thats only if the game made the top 10, if it didn't then we'll have to wait for Capcom to say something, if they ever do.

Judge

I was thinking about that today, actually, and what I figure is that having a wholly different item for upgrades is better than literally everything being an orb.

I miss the orbs honestly, :wink:. There was just something that feels very complete about having different coloured orbs for everything.

I also miss the in game database the previous games used to have explaining things; like what different coloured orbs do. Simple things like that. I hope if they get a chance to do another one they bring these things back.

sssensational

Supporter 2014

I didn't have any issues. Did you check if you have it on hold or toggle?

Yeah I have had something similar, usually when a new wave of enemies appears. I just keep trying and it eventually shows up.

I have an issue on the PS4 version with Dante randomly walking instead of running... Anyone else have that?

No, I don't have that issue either, sorry.

Judge

Finished it today again, since I first finished the vanillia edition. What a game. Haven't even tried the Turbo Mode yet. Can't wait to do Must Style Heaven and Hell mode.

I agree with sssensational said eariler on. Vergil boss fight was exhillerating, Nephilim mode is a lot harder than before, and the Vergil fight is great for it. Mudus again as some people have said was a bit dissapointing, glad they made it less easy to exploit, but wish there was more too it.

I've read this excellent retrospective on the series at Eurogamer. I recommend reading it for any fan, DMC4 or DmC alike. Its a great read, plus theres a funny quote from Hideki Kamiya, a character who never ceases to amaze with his sometimes outspoken views:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...edition-how-and-why-capcom-rebooted-a-classic

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Finished it today again, since I first finished the vanillia edition. What a game. Haven't even tried the Turbo Mode yet. Can't wait to do Must Style Heaven and Hell mode.

I agree with sssensational said eariler on. Vergil boss fight was exhillerating, Nephilim mode is a lot harder than before, and the Vergil fight is great for it. Mudus again as some people have said was a bit dissapointing, glad they made it less easy to exploit, but wish there was more too it.

I've read this excellent retrospective on the series at Eurogamer. I recommend reading it for any fan, DMC4 or DmC alike. Its a great read, plus theres a funny quote from Hideki Kamiya, a character who never ceases to amaze with his sometimes outspoken views:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...edition-how-and-why-capcom-rebooted-a-classic

hey ya, thx for the eurogamer link, it's a nice read indeed, speaks for all DmC fans imo..

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Man, I really love the little details in Vergil's Downfall. In the first mission, Vergil's clutching his chest in pain with an angry face, in the second mission, he's no longer holding himself but he's breathing angrily, and in the final mission he just breathes normally, like he recollected himself but he's still angry.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Man, I really love the little details in Vergil's Downfall. In the first mission, Vergil's clutching his chest in pain with an angry face, in the second mission, he's no longer holding himself but he's breathing angrily, and in the final mission he just breathes normally, like he recollected himself but he's still angry.

Vergil is angry
Check

corrnata

You would think so, but their sales numbers for the DMC series appear to be in complete disagreement with Capcom's sales figures.

If the game made the top 10, we'll find out next week. If it made the top 10 then Vgchartz might have a good estimate for the first week sales. After the first few weeks I doubt Vgchartz will be reliable.

Thats only if the game made the top 10, if it didn't then we'll have to wait for Capcom to say something, if they ever do.
Im aware how funky the site is with DMC game numbers, what im saying is we use VGchartz as an estimate until official numbers come out

sssensational

Supporter 2014
I honestly don't know what to expect. I mean, I'm hearing left and right that DmC: DE is selling well and that stores are running out of copies, but I don't know if that's because the game is actually selling well or if not enough copies have been shipped, meaning that this would hurt sales. Because in my country, stores had the PS4 version of DmC a day later than the official release date, and the Xbox One version was two days later. Kind of made me roll my eyes at the tweets (in my language) claiming that DmC was now available "everywhere". If by "everywhere" you mean "DmC is available for you if you buy it on PSN and then proceed to wait 12 hours because of a crappy connection", then sure.

That being said, the first players are starting to put their combo videos online.

Judge

Im aware how funky the site is with DMC game numbers, what im saying is we use VGchartz as an estimate until official numbers come out

If Capcom even releases those numbers. If Capcom dosen't then its because the game sold less than 1 mil copies and was not worth mentioning. Which is what happened with the DMC HD Collection.

Vgchartz might tide us over until then.

Top Bottom