• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Just to be clear, I never made it a ''battle between DmC and DMC''. I responded to somebody's comment that 'Capcom will decide which Devil May Cry lives and which dies, based on the sales figures for DMC4 SE and DmC SE' (not a quote, but that's the gist of it). It was just his/her view.
I think if Capcom is going to decide it based on DMC4's sales (DMC4 of all DMCs, and the special edition too... wtf) then Capcom are morons.
I don't like personal attacks, so please... end it.

As for Vergil, I hope he's got not only the Yamato, but also the Force Edge, of course. I really like your ideas, Foxtrot94. Gunslinger would make Vergil cringe, so it'll have to be called something else :p
Royal Guard fits him, I think. He should be able to counter, not just attack and evade. Hell, he should be able to counter in any style, I guess. I felt countering was something DMC3 Vergil missed. Maybe he should be able to throw his sheath too... would be funny as a paralyzing attack.

incneet

I'll show how to use the power!!!
possibles skins for Dante.

semPOC8.jpg

jagotron

Defender of The Universe
I think 4 is the best way they can do this because they can take 4's base mechanics for dante (style switching and having all weapons) and drop dmc3 dante into there and have a more fun version of dante, i personally didnt enjoy the weapons in 4 as much as 3 but the system they had in place was great for a arsenal as large as 3

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I love Bayonetta because she's like a crazy cartoon character. I see a lot of classic Dante in her and characters like that are so much fun to watch, imo. They don't give a damn because they're badasses like that.
The "realism" and "believable" characters of the reboot were too annoying for me. But this is just a preference.

And no I'm not attracted to her, I already posted before that I don't really roll that way...

But back on topic,
I'm glad they brought back Vergil. I hope they give him his own campaign or something.
It's not like I have a problem with characters like that. I love Ash Williams and the Evil Dead movies. Plus my favorite Dante is the one from the first game.

Bayonetta however, I never really dug.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
possibles skins for Dante.
<picture>
That's from the concept art - very nice. I would love the coatless black shirt-wearing version of him with classic western-like pants. The one without the shirt looks a bit weird, though. Not exactly one whole as a costume... seems like something's missing.

For me, the best would be a DMC1 outfit, that black shirt outfit, and maybe a DMC2 outfit.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'd also love kind of a"timed" super-move, using his "deadly sheathing" ability (yup, I'm thinking of that poor Beowulf)... like, he would land super fast slashes to as many enemies as possible, and you press a button to let him sheath his sword. And then, all the enemies you hit earlier die at the same time. I think it would be awesome!
Of course, some restriction needed, otherwise it would be extremely op. Maybe letting this attack use a large amount of the DT gauge, or something like this.

scionicspectre

Just to be clear, I never made it a ''battle between DmC and DMC''. I responded to somebody's comment that 'Capcom will decide which Devil May Cry lives and which dies, based on the sales figures for DMC4 SE and DmC SE' (not a quote, but that's the gist of it). It was just his/her view.
I think if Capcom is going to decide it based on DMC4's sales (DMC4 of all DMCs, and the special edition too... wtf) then Capcom are morons.
I don't like personal attacks, so please... end it.

As for Vergil, I hope he's got not only the Yamato, but also the Force Edge, of course. I really like your ideas, Foxtrot94. Gunslinger would make Vergil cringe, so it'll have to be called something else :p
Royal Guard fits him, I think. He should be able to counter, not just attack and evade. Hell, he should be able to counter in any style, I guess. I felt countering was something DMC3 Vergil missed. Maybe he should be able to throw his sheath too... would be funny as a paralyzing attack.

Yeah, thanks for clearing it all up- no worries, most of us were just talking out of curiosity, I hope you don't feel like we've put you in a corner on this. It speaks well to your intelligence that so many people wanted to talk through the points with you.

And I totally agree that Vergil shouldn't be reserved for the shadows, always skulking about and never taking the brunt of an attack and flipping it on his enemy (like many cutscenes in DMC 3). I think this is part of why I like using Beowulf so much with Vergil- he's just so powerful he can push through almost anything.

scionicspectre

I'd also love kind of a"timed" super-move, using his "deadly sheathing" ability (yup, I'm thinking of that poor Beowulf)... like, he would land super fast slashes to as many enemies as
possible, and you press a button to let him sheath his sword. And then, all the enemies you hit earlier die at the same time. I think it would be awesome!
Of course, some restriction needed, otherwise it would be extremely op. Maybe letting this attack use a large amount of the DT gauge, or something like this.

Not as OP as you'd think- I mean, this is functionally similar to Lucifer or Kablooey from DmC. Just make it cut things to pieces if you land enough hits and it's awesome, no limits required.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah, thanks for clearing it all up- no worries, most of us were just talking out of curiosity, I hope you don't feel like we've put you in a corner on this. It speaks well to your intelligence that so many people wanted to talk through the points with you.

And I totally agree that Vergil shouldn't be reserved for the shadows, always skulking about and never taking the brunt of an attack and flipping it on his enemy (like many cutscenes in DMC 3). I think this is part of why I like using Beowulf so much with Vergil- he's just so powerful he can push through almost anything.
No problem, it's not like everyone in the thread insulted me, lol. And I admit I'm oversensitive to people who imply I'm a DmC hater or whatever. I don't understand why I deserved to be called ''you people'' by Chancey... or being accused of starting a fight between DmC and DMC... I've done nothing wrong. I was called a hater in another forum, just because I expressed that I didn't like DmC's characters, plot, atmosphere, etc. Criticism towards DmC is a sensitive issue (because of the fact that DmC was bashed in the past). No harm done.

Yeah, exactly. Vergil's a no-nonsense guy who can take anything and turn it into an advantage. That's who he should be in DMC4 SE. I wouldn't mind if his Beowulf (or Gilgamesh, whichever you like) actually got extra moves and became faster the more you upgraded it or something. He'd be like an oriental martial arts movie fighter, eventually. Really powerful, fast, but to the point. I love it :)

Last edited:

scionicspectre

No problem, it's not like everyone in the thread insulted me, lol. And I admit I'm oversensitive to people who imply I'm a DmC hater or whatever. I was called that in the beginning, just because I expressed that I didn't like DmC's characters, plot etc. Criticism towards DmC is a sensitive issue. No harm done at all.

Yeah, exactly. Vergil's a no-nonsense guy who can take anything and turn it into an advantage. That's who he should be in DMC4 SE. I wouldn't mind if his Beowulf (or Gilgamesh, whichever you like) actually got extra moves and became faster the more you upgraded it or something. He'd be like an oriental action movie fighter, eventually. Really powerful, fast, but to the point. I love it :)

I really wouldn't mind if they replaced the style button with an entire separate move-list for each weapon that gave him some of these unique abilities we've been talking about. I mean, if you really think about it, having an entire extra button for just about anything has a lot of possibilities, and considering he only had one style, anyway, there's quite a bit they could do with it if they applied a little creativity.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
For Vergil's weapons, I'd like him to have Beowulf, summoned swords and maybe a similar replacement of Yamato crafted by Vergil (he can summon swords, why not make him create a sword he can permanently use for the sake of practicality).

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Part of me has to wonder if they're releasing both to gauge interest in which series people are more interested in; DmC or DMC. Also, is Ninja Theory handling the DMC4 Special Edition or an internal Capcom team?? Either way, exciting times lay ahead for Devil May Cry fans, here's hoping to more games in either canon!
More than likely Capcom will handle DMC4SE. Not sure who's doin' DmC cuz NT abandoned it (I think).
For Vergil's weapons, I'd like him to have Beowulf, summoned swords and maybe a similar replacement of Yamato crafted by Vergil (he can summon swords, why not make him create a sword he can permanently use for the sake of practicality).
I'm hoping he just takes it back. Like he shows up and extracts it through sheer willpower with one his classic one-liners. Like "This power is not meant for you..." or something.

Last edited:

scionicspectre

More than likely Capcom will handle DMC4SE. Not sure who's doin' DmC cuz NT abandoned it (I think).

Dominic Matthews is the correspondent for all of this juicy news (product development manager at Ninja Theory), and they explicitly mentioned a project like this on social media, so I'm assuming a couple people from Ninja Theory are the ones behind the changes to DmC.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Darius Blackgrave: I'm wondering how exactly they're planning on having Vergil in Fortuna story wise.

Because he's going to be motivated to reclaim Yamato, but there's still a lot more to it than that.

Bare in mind that Nero kept Yamato until the end of DMC 4, so I assume his story wouldn't kick in until the end of DMC 4.

Meg

I'm late to the party, but I strongly recommend certain members put each other on their ignore list. You know who you are. :wink:

Thank you for ending it on your own and getting back on topic. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, ignore list. Solves a lot of problems.

Top Bottom