• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DMC4 Vergil and Dante's faces are more similar than I thought...

tumblr_nn0d1jFXJS1rm6rbdo1_500.png

berto

I Saw the Devil
Friend of mine tackling DMC4 SE for the first time.

32zrrsk.jpg

Doing SSS like crazy but I didn't tell him it's Human difficulty... sssh...
Sigh...

Why is it that everyone is afraid of a challenge?

I have this friend who hates hard game, even though when we were young he refused to play games on anything but the highest available difficulty. He's bitch about DMC because it rated your performance at the end and complained about how the game was telling him he sucked which to me it sounded like the equivalent of a blond teenager going 'why are you been mean to me?'

I don't like hard games or easy games because they are hard or easy, usually I like them because they're good. Why isn't that enough anymore? Now people have to be pandered and told constantly how good they are or the game is been mean to them.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Sigh...

Why is it that everyone is afraid of a challenge?

I have this friend who hates hard game, even though when we were young he refused to play games on anything but the highest available difficulty. He's bitch about DMC because it rated your performance at the end and complained about how the game was telling him he sucked which to me it sounded like the equivalent of a blond teenager going 'why are you been mean to me?'

I don't like hard games or easy games because they are hard or easy, usually I like them because they're good. Why isn't that enough anymore? Now people have to be pandered and told constantly how good they are or the game is been mean to them.
if i had to take a guess i think it's because
they have low self esteem so they fear failure
or the opposite
they were babied too much as a child and told the were going to become the president one day cus there so great
so when they do fail they are unable to except it

me personally i thieve on difficulty
i'm the guy who beat Contra without the konami code because some guy in a youtube comment section said i couldn't

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I know that many people don't bother with challenge simply because it takes them to much time and most people at work 40 hours per week

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
the guy keep saying Nero Angelo instead of Just Nero
whats up with that?
like did he google the names and find Nelo Angleo's name and he just assumed it was Nero's name?

Most likely.

ChaserTech's back with his tutorials with Vergil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
This is probably a question that will be answered with a short ''yes'', but did anyone notice that when Vergil is leaving Fortuna in the last cutscene, Vergil's shadow actually looks like Nero's devil trigger? He's got those halo-like things attached to his shoulders too, it seems. Obviously, Vergil's own devil trigger doesn't look like that, so it doesn't make sense at this point in the storyline, but it's clear that this is foreshadowing that shows Vergil will become Nero's devil trigger.

As for what he says in that cutscene, ''soon they will know this devil's power'' or something, to me that implies that Vergil has gotten a plan to raise the Temen-Ni-Gru and obtain Sparda's power, which happens in DMC3. So anyone who still thinks the cutscenes take place after DMC3 somehow (even though Vergil was enslaved by Mundus and if he came back should look much older than he does in DMC4 SE), take a look at that cutscene. I think the cutscene in original DMC4 with Nero saying ''didn't figure this guy for a bookworm'' makes sense now... it wasn't Sanctus who read so many books, or even Agnus, no, it was Vergil. He was there to read about Sparda, to get to know more about him.

Anyway, I now think Nero is definitely using Vergil/Yamato (Vergil is inside the Yamato) as a catalyst for his demonic power. I am wondering, though, if Nero will get his own devil trigger at some point. Or whether or not Vergil will somehow take more control of Nero's body. After all, Vergil wants more power, so would he just stop, or would he try to restore his own form partially? Or would he perhaps be too respectful of Nero to take so much control of him?
I still think Nero might somehow have something to do with Sparda, though, considering there are so many hints to his similarity to him. Not to mention that the idea of Vergil having a child with a human sounds wrong, considering he hates humans' frailty, their lack of power. He always seemed to think it was preferable not to have any contact with humans, and he certainly wouldn't want to dilute Sparda's bloodline -- I mean, he reveres the guy. He even says in reference to the Order's deification of Sparda: ''well, I can't exactly call them misguided''. He thought humans were weak, so why would he want his and Sparda's bloodline to become weak? It just makes no sense. For all we know, Nero is like a backup plan to Vergil: if something goes wrong in DMC3, there's always Nero to continue Sparda's bloodline.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This is probably a question that will be answered with a short ''yes'', but did anyone notice that when Vergil is leaving Fortuna in the last cutscene, Vergil's shadow actually looks like Nero's devil trigger?

Kinda late to the party, are we? XD pretty much everyone noticed that instantly.

Anyway, yeah the answer is yes.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Kinda late to the party, are we? XD pretty much everyone noticed that instantly.

Anyway, yeah the answer is yes.
It feels as though you're being a bit snide here, which is not necessary. Yes, I was late to the party, but not because I'm stupid or imperceptive or something, like you implied. I was late to the party because I only played and finished DMC4 SE recently, as I decided against buying it right away. Anyway, I clearly said that I expected most people to answer affirmatively, and it wasn't even the main topic of my comment, it was the introduction of it. I wrote the last paragraph in the hope that people would discuss that part (the last paragraph) with me. But reply only to my introduction if you want and ignore the rest... I guess I should've expected people to ignore it.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yes, I was late to the party, but not because I'm stupid or imperceptive or something, like you implied.

No, that's not what I implied.

I was late to the party because I only played and finished DMC4 SE recently

That is what I implied.

Sorry if the post hurt your feelings. I put a smiley there hoping it would make clear I was not talking seriously and it was not intended as an insult, but evidently it didn't work.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
No, that's not what I implied.

That is what I implied.

Sorry if the post hurt your feelings. I put a smiley there hoping it would make clear I was not talking seriously and it was not intended as an insult, but evidently it didn't work.
Aah, okay. Well, it seemed as though you were implying I was stupid because you said ''pretty much everyone noticed that instantly'' -- as though I didn't notice it instantly. I did, I just bought DMC4 SE later than most people.

But no offense taken, then.

Top Bottom