• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta: Devil May Cry for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
See, this is why I'm trying to point out the flaw in your argument. Heirlooms are a very common trait in myth and legend, and in fact, that Sparda had three swords he wielded predates the addiction of the third sword Souunga in the InuYasha anime movies, if you have planned to mention that. The only common storyline ideas in DMC and InuYasha are that their father vanished/died, was a great spirit/demon, and left them heirlooms. That's...like five percentage of the storyline. The only time that the overall story comes even CLOSE was DMC3, and that as against the typical story of a misguided/fallen older sibling having to be stopped by his younger sibling who find the right way.

Besides, Dante's never been sealed by a priestess for becoming a threat to humans or had wacky adventures with a lecherous priest, a demon slayer, a fox spirit, and a schoolgirl in a mini skirt... Wait...okay, that last one isn't true. Lady was a schoolgirl in a miniskirt.

Zato-OW

King
Dante Redgrave;194376 said:
See, this is why I'm trying to point out the flaw in your argument. Heirlooms are a very common trait in myth and legend, and in fact, that Sparda had three swords he wielded predates the addiction of the third sword Souunga in the InuYasha anime movies, if you have planned to mention that. The only common storyline ideas in DMC and InuYasha are that their father vanished/died, was a great spirit/demon, and left them heirlooms. That's...like five percentage of the storyline. The only time that the overall story comes even CLOSE was DMC3, and that as against the typical story of a misguided/fallen older sibling having to be stopped by his younger sibling who find the right way.

Besides, Dante's never been sealed by a priestess for becoming a threat to humans or had wacky adventures with a lecherous priest, a demon slayer, a fox spirit, and a schoolgirl in a mini skirt... Wait...okay, that last one isn't true. Lady was a schoolgirl in a miniskirt.

I wasn't going to mention the 3rd sword because I never watched the movie(which I think its from). I knew that Inuyasha wasn't an original story and was influenced by other stories and Japanese mythology in certain areas. I just thought it was very very rare to see DMC have almost the same connection to it in that area of the plot. I'm not saying everything is the same but just that certain area has huge similarities.

Also You forgot the part where both fell in love with a human and died shortly after the birth of the child and I believe both the mothers were killed by demons while the child was still young. There is more, but I would be going into the DMC1 Novel's for that.

But anyway, I don't care anymore. I'm tired of talking about it to be honest.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194367 said:
Ya, uh now that I think about it. THIS GAME looks like GOW like seriously. It sounds like GOW and plays like GOW. I don't think its from the same makers though.

Electronic Arts are the makers for Dante's Inferno.

Railazel

First thing I have to say: STOP ARGUING! Its just a game! I made this topic to hear people's opinions on it, not to have two nerds fighting who's opinion was right or not. In fact, Redgrave made a point, why are you arguing?

Second thing I have to say: For those of you who believe that Bayonetta is a slut or just plain perverted, I would like to say that you are half- correct. Seemingly, she has a daugther named Cereza, who gets kidnapped. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong about Bayonetta, but seemingly, despite her perverse antics, she is quite the good mother. Cereza loves her mother and praises her, even going as far as to say that all witches are strong and good people ( a lesson taught from "Mummy"). Now, her father doesn't appear in the game... at all, but don't go around saying that Bayonetta probably slept with more than one guy because she does get another love interest in the game, so I'm guessing that Cereza's father dies and Bayonetta just needed a man in her life (which could explain the eroticismic attitude).

Sparda™

Railazel;194421 said:
First thing I have to say: STOP ARGUING! Its just a game! I made this topic to hear people's opinions on it, not to have two nerds fighting who's opinion was right or not. In fact, Redgrave made a point, why are you arguing?

We have indeed stopped arguing, and we don't need someone to throw insults and tell us what to do.

Railazel;194421 said:
Second thing I have to say: For those of you who believe that Bayonetta is a slut or just plain perverted, I would like to say that you are half- correct. Seemingly, she has a daugther named Cereza, who gets kidnapped. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong about Bayonetta, but seemingly, despite her perverse antics, she is quite the good mother. Cereza loves her mother and praises her, even going as far as to say that all witches are strong and good people ( a lesson taught from "Mummy"). Now, her father doesn't appear in the game... at all, but don't go around saying that Bayonetta probably slept with more than one guy because she does get another love interest in the game, so I'm guessing that Cereza's father dies and Bayonetta just needed a man in her life (which could explain the eroticismic attitude).

That's pretty much what we have been discussing.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Actually, the argument that began wasn't over Bayonetta, it was Zato claiming that DMC was a copy of InuYasha, and me pointing out the HUGE flaws in his logic, and hism trying to claim that Bayonetta was more original in it's story, which I proved otherwise.

Without spoiling a lot of the storyline, since I DO know it...Cereza isn't Bayonetta's daughter...they are connected, but not that way. Bayonetta has been awake for twenty years, and that's revealed in the opening, so it's not a spoiler. She's know if she'd had a daughter or not in that span, especially since Cereza is little more than a toddler judging from her height and actions. There IS a reason Cereza looks like her though...and I actually called it it the instant I say the little girl.

Zato-OW

King
Dante Redgrave;194433 said:
Actually, the argument that began wasn't over Bayonetta, it was Zato claiming that DMC was a copy of InuYasha, and me pointing out the HUGE flaws in his logic, and hism trying to claim that Bayonetta was more original in it's story, which I proved otherwise.

Without spoiling a lot of the storyline, since I DO know it...Cereza isn't Bayonetta's daughter...they are connected, but not that way. Bayonetta has been awake for twenty years, and that's revealed in the opening, so it's not a spoiler. She's know if she'd had a daughter or not in that span, especially since Cereza is little more than a toddler judging from her height and actions. There IS a reason Cereza looks like her though...and I actually called it it the instant I say the little girl.

Not this again... In my opinion it is more original in its plot then DMC because its story(though many other stories have this similar plot) is not based off another tale. Though Kamiya said the story was thought up by scratch it isn't original which most are not these days in which I should have made clear. DMC is based off of Divine Comedy/Dante's Inferno.

Even though your trying not to spoil the story,your making the Bayonetta and Cereza connection too obvious. I called it too when she was first shown.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194443 said:
Not this again... In my opinion it is more original in its plot then DMC because its story(though many other stories have this similar plot) is not based off another tale. Though Kamiya said the story was thought up by scratch it isn't original which most are not these days in which I should have made clear. DMC is based off of Divine Comedy/Dante's Inferno.

You take Kamiya's words too bluntly. You need to see beyond that. Not everything which is said in an interview is half-true or true.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I thought the little girl thought Bayonetta was her mom. (I don't have a clue though as i don't have a full copy of the game)

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194447 said:
You take Kamiya's words too bluntly. You need to see beyond that. Not everything which is said in an interview is half-true or true.

Lol, what is Bayonetta's story based off of then? Though the story isn't original it wasn't based off another. But DMC was and that's what I'm trying to say. The only interviews I seen from Kamiya about Bayonetta are video interviews with him and his translator.

Sparda™

You're trying to rise your fallen point with rhetorical questions. Please, just let this Bayonetta thing go, It's useless.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194451 said:
You're trying to rise your fallen point with rhetorical questions. Please, just let this Bayonetta thing go, It's useless.

Exactly you can't answer it. Let Dante Redgrave do all the talking for you.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194452 said:
Exactly you can't answer it. Let Dante Redgrave do all the talking for you.

He knows more about Bayonetta than me. I admit I'm not into Bayonetta at all, but seeing what he has posted, with facts, and your attitude of being OK with the way DMC is but still throwing mud at It for being less original than Bayonetta is just nonsense.

Of course he has proven you wrong.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194453 said:
He knows more about Bayonetta than me. I admit I'm not into Bayonetta at all, but seeing what he has posted, with facts, and your attitude of being OK with the way DMC is but still throwing mud at It for being less original than Bayonetta is just nonsense.

Of course he has proven you wrong.

He is the one who said that he proved that Bayonetta wasn't more original then DMC. I am just stating what I feel on it. Then you are right behind his post **Nuff Said**/**Thank you** as if you know Bayonetta's story, so don't act like you know the story then turn around and say you don't.

How do you know he has proved me wrong? Do you know Bayonetta's story? That's right you don't.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194454 said:
He is the one who said that he proved that Bayonetta wasn't more original then DMC. I am just stating what I feel on it. Then you are right behind his post **Nuff Said**/**Thank you** as if you know Bayonetta's story, so don't act like you know the story then turn around and say you don't.

How do you know he has proved me wrong? Do you know Bayonetta's story? That's right you don't.

The way he's proving his points is by not screaming like a crazy fangirl like you do, but by showing facts and talking normally.

He's just more believable.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194456 said:
The way he's proving his points is by not screaming like a crazy fangirl like you do, but by showing facts and talking normally.

He's just more believable.

Hahaha, so that's you claim? I scream like a fangirl? You are the one riding someones post when you don't even know what he/she was talking about and now you saying its because hes more believable??? No, you went with his claim because you had none and you were already in a argument with me before he/she shown up. That's why you stuck by him because he said he/she knew the story and what was going on. "The way hes proving points" I can bet you 1 million dollars you knew nothing about what he was talking about when comparing games except the references me and him/her already stated.

Also, didn't I just tell you I hate Bayonetta's story when compared to DMC? How is saying something I feel on both stories throwing dirt on DMC? I'm just saying Bayonetta may not be original at all but its more close then DMC is because DMC is based of a another story. I'm not ****ing on the game at all.

Zato-OW

King
GamblingGambitCloud;194458 said:
All i gotta say is that i don't think it's a good idea to argue with Sparda....he wins most of those

Then you don't know our track record. How is he winning something he knows nothing about except the obvious. I would say Dante Redgrave is liable in winning when hes doing all the talking and "stating facts"

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194457 said:
Hahaha, so that's you claim? I scream like a fangirl? You are the one riding someones post when you don't even know what he/she was talking about and now you saying its because hes more believable??? No, you went with his claim because you had none and you were already in a argument with me before he/she shown up. That's why you stuck by him because he said he/she knew the story and what was going on. "The way hes proving points" I can bet you 1 million dollars you knew nothing about what he was talking about when comparing games except the references me and him/her already stated.

If you'd be betting that money, you'd be losing It now, son.

Instead of starting a flame war with me, try to prove your points with someone which has more knowledge than me about Bayonetta. What Dante Redgrave said are things I've noted. And yes, when he said Bayonetta resembles BloodRayne he wasn't kidding. They're identical.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194460 said:
If you'd be betting that money, you'd be losing It now, son.

Instead of starting a flame war with me, try to prove your points with someone which has more knowledge than me about Bayonetta. What Dante Redgrave said are things I've noted. And yes, when he said Bayonetta resembles BloodRayne he wasn't kidding. They're identical.

Sigh, I say again... DMC is based off of story already made which DMC stories in each game are not original. That has already been stated. Bayonetta, even though its not original in almost anyway its still more original then DMC because its not based off anything even though they used names of characters from mythology. Vergil is almost a copy of Vicious(My signature) so whats that to prove? I said it before that Dante(in personality) is somewhat original. Other then him being stated to be an influence off of Blade(Vampire) and other action movie characters.

Also you didn't have to respond to me. My post was directed to Dante Redgrave and you felt the need to get in it. I was telling him how I felt on both games and you ran your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom