• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta: Devil May Cry for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194215 said:
There's a very obvious reason why. But her acting is more perverted than Dante's, and no, It's not justified by the fact she's a female protagonist.

That's just her character, it has to be off the top. Very much like Dante's character. To me her character is fine because I understand what they were going for with her, but it can be annoying at times. Then again, a lot of casual gamers hate both Dante(DMC3/4) and Bayonetta's character that I have noticed. Some of it is just people being bias... and I hate NGS idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8YiQ4QISQ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWQR9KL1Gjs

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Dante's_girl912;193737 said:
I can't wait until the game comes out next year. C:

Same here. I'm not like, "OMG! Bayonetta!" But I'm slightly interested in it. I like some of the references this game has towards past Capcom games. <3

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Zato-OW;194220 said:
That's just her character, it has to be off the top. Very much like Dante's character. To me her character is fine because I understand what they were going for with her, but it can be annoying at times. Then again, a lot of casual gamers hate both Dante(DMC3/4) and Bayonetta's character that I have noticed. Some of it is just people being bias... and I hate NGS idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8YiQ4QISQ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWQR9KL1Gjs

Can I ask what an NGS idiot is?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DMC caught my interest as a gamer.
Because i love DMC so much, i look for games that are like it (sounds stupid, i know). I haven't tried Bayonetta's taunt. But, she is the female version of Dante, it is obvious with the way she acts.
The first time i saw Bayonetta i thought 'female Dante'.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Not to mention we have Eneo in the game. If not for the fact it's published by Sega and not Capcom, this would easily fit into the DMC universe. In fact, I'm under the opinion that this is Kamiya's way of making DMC how he wanted it, with a new hero every game. There's too many references and cross setting parts otherwise. I have to admit...Bayonetta as me going "god, stripper scankfest 'hero'" with her taunts...

Zato-OW

King
Dante Redgrave;194254 said:
Not to mention we have Eneo in the game. If not for the fact it's published by Sega and not Capcom, this would easily fit into the DMC universe. In fact, I'm under the opinion that this is Kamiya's way of making DMC how he wanted it, with a new hero every game. There's too many references and cross setting parts otherwise. I have to admit...Bayonetta as me going "god, stripper scankfest 'hero'" with her taunts...

You mean Enzo right?

Railazel

The first thought in my head when I first got a glimpse of the game. The first thing I said about the game, "Is she a whore?" Truth be told, when it comes to her sex appeal and erotic mentality, I can never decided on whether its bad or good. I mean, there are two cases I can see with that:

1) All that sex appeal and nothing to go for it; "You have all that sex appeal and all you can do is hold out your gun and say 'Come on'?"

2) She being the way she is; "Okay, I really believe that calling herself a 'witch' is just to componsate for the word 'whore'... *boner*."

What I'm saying is that if she didn't have that erotic mentality, she would be another Lady or Trish character (or someone along those lines). On the other hand, I feel that her use of sex appeal is just... too much for a kid like me.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I actually had been correcting a typo ironically enough when that happened. Yes, I meant Enzo, everyone's not so favorite italian fatass middleman, who is doing the exact same thing in Bayonetta he does in the DMC novels and manga. I do suppose the only issue with placing them in the same universe is that Dante is always implicated to be in the US in DMC, since he's called an "American Mercenary" in the first game's manuel, while Bayonetta is set in a fictional European city. Why Enzo would change reagions, I don't know.

Sparda™

That's what I'm trying to say. I can't put a parallelism between Dante and Bayonetta. A male character, no matter how rude he can act, It passes by without too much noise.

While Bayonetta in the other hand, is just too naughty, dirty, like she's asking for someone to do her right there.lol

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194266 said:
True,Bayonetta refers to America when she taunts Rodin. So this means they can easily be in the same universe, just Dante's on the West. Also Rodin makes guns and sells them. He also threw Bayonetta some guns that look exactly like Ebony & Ivory.

skip to 8:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYDhQT08Sq4

Fortuna has a European architecture, and is probably somewhere in Europe.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194267 said:
Fortuna has a European architecture, and is probably somewhere in Europe.

Well Fortuna is a island so I don't know what to say about that. But your right, Fortuna does like like it would be in Europe.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194268 said:
Well Fortuna is a island so I don't know what to say about that. But your right, Fortuna does like like it would be in Europe.

Europe has islands too, so It would be plausible Fortuna is somewhere in Northern Europe, due to the high amount of Gothic architecture used.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
In fact, I'm under the opinion that this is Kamiya's way of making DMC how he wanted it

Thats the reason I am buying it.:lol:

Sparda™;194263 said:
That's what I'm trying to say. I can't put a parallelism between Dante and Bayonetta. A male character, no matter how rude he can act, It passes by without too much noise.

While Bayonetta in the other hand, is just too naughty, dirty, like she's asking for someone to do her right there.lol
It only passes by that Dante is the one that you and most people are comfortable with. Whereas I was wondering why this guy has not punched himself in the face yet. I know I wanted to.

Yes Bayonetta is waay too pervy but the way I see it the massive DMC3 fanbase (and on a smaller scale all DMC fans including myself) only have themselves to blame.. It seems like Kamiya is trying to get some kind of emotional story out of this but he feels the need to make her outrageous because Dante is outrageous now. And if she is all serious and looking for her little girl or whatever people will think she is boring, the bar for an entertaining character has been set way too high by Devil May Cry and now everything else just sucks apparently.
They either need to be really ****y like Dante
or really intense and aggresive like Kratos
(as they seem to be the two most popular games of the genre at the moment)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Fortuna is certainly in Europe, probably an island in Italy is my own guess. It does seem to have some kind of parallel to the Vatican, after all.

Darth: It's not so much gender allowing perverseness, its the fact of how she ACTS. Plus, knowing the entirety of the game, I know EXACTLY what the deal with that girl is, and amusingly, I called it the INSTANT I saw the cut scene that introduced her. I'll say this, without giving spoilers. she's not looking for her daughter, she's looking for answers to her past.

Bayonetta's problem is that she's far TOO sexualized. Her behavior is...I'd rather have a Trish type or Lady than Bayonetta. Even BloodRayne didn't act this whorish, and she pushed the limits a LOT in her games.

Zato-OW

King
Well Nero is like neither. Nero may share a similar humorous style like Dante but he always knows when to stop. He is also a lot more serious and loses his cool more then Dante. As you see when he is fighting Bael he has anger in voice "that's exactly what I think!" which I thought was odd since he really had no reason to be angry at that moment.

I know a lot of people who say they loved DMC3 and DMC4 but hated Dante's character. Bayonetta on the other hand is getting the same treatment. Kamiya did say that he never played DMC3/4 so he doesn't know that Dante too well. But some of the developers from DMC1/2/3/4 had a huge part in making this game. That is probably why Bayonetta is very similar to Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom