• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta: Devil May Cry for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194335 said:
Then what the hell are you doing on a Devil May Cry forum?

So your saying I shouldn't be on this forum because I found that DMC isn't original? You said Bayonetta isn't original because its referencing capcom games and I'm saying DMC isn't original because its referencing old stories and copying a anime. That doesn't mean I don't like the series. I'm just turning what you said back on you.

Sparda™

A game based on a book and a manga is something truly awesome, and the series have proved to be epic, despite the huge lack in the storyline and character development department.

Everyone can come up with a whorish protagonist, and reference to another game.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194338 said:
A game based on a book and a manga is something truly awesome, and the series have proved to be epic, despite the huge lack in the storyline and character development department.

Everyone can come up with a whorish protagonist, and reference to another game.

When have I said this game was bad? I said it ISN'T ORIGINAL. I like Dante better then Bayonetta as a character but as a game Bayonetta is far better imo. DMC plays the same reference card. Dante's movelist being 80% rehashed from old capcom titles and that's far from it.

Sparda™

I have nothing against people playing Bayonetta, but claiming the game is original is pure blasphemy.

Dante's moves are truly rehashed, but the fight engine has been revamped each game. We will see If Bayonetta will have new moves in the sequel, If It will ever have a sequel.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194342 said:
I have nothing against people playing Bayonetta, but claiming the game is original is pure blasphemy.

Dante's moves are truly rehashed, but the fight engine has been revamped each game. We will see If Bayonetta will have new moves in the sequel, If It will ever have a sequel.

But do you understand you were trying to make it seem as if DMC was an original game and Bayonetta wasn't? The story/gameplay in Bayonetta is original. The gameplay in DMC is original. Saying Bayonetta is imitating DMC because of references is BS.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194346 said:
But do you understand you were trying to make it seem as if DMC was an original game and Bayonetta wasn't? The story/gameplay in Bayonetta is original. The gameplay in DMC is original. Saying Bayonetta is imitating DMC because of references is BS.

I never said Devil May Cry was 100% original. I said Devil may Cry was more plausible of being an original game than Bayonetta can ever be, because the only true 'original' thing Bayonetta gave us, was the whorish protagonist.

Gameplay elements are different from Devil May Cry, not original.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194348 said:
I never said Devil May Cry was 100% original. I said Devil may Cry was more plausible of being an original game than Bayonetta can ever be, because the only true 'original' thing Bayonetta gave us, was the whorish protagonist.

Gameplay elements are different from Devil May Cry, not original.

Well I guess that's your definition of original then. To me, copying a plot from almost scratch is just plain wrong. But it fits DMC so I'm not mad at it.What is original about DMC in my eyes is Dante's character(even though it's only his personality).

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
For the love of...Bayonetta's story is NOTHING original. NO one said DMC's was, and by the way, no, it was not a "copy" of Inuyasha. The themes that are common to DMC and to Inu, I'll note, are a widespread theme in japanese fiction. You had the same thing in Kamen Rider KIva; two half brothers, one a halfbreed, the other a full breed, and they were at odds until the end. Colors you say? Dante wears red because of a Japanese cultural trait that red is a heroic color; ironic if you look at the Zelda series and it's main villian.

Bayonetta's story is a typical story of an outcast who is reviled by both sides, with a not so healthy dose of DMC4's own "Savior" storyline thrown in. And yes, I can say that, I KNOW the whole storyline in the game, and I called over half the twists before they got revealed. Kamiya also makes heavy references to his own previous game, even lifting ENTIRE LINES from the DMC series. Bayonetta is nothing more than Kamiya doing a DMC style game the way he wanted to do DMC, with a different hero leading each game. It's nothing new, nothing original and ground breaking, it's just piecing together already(and recently used, I might add) storylines from other games and tales.

Kamiya admitted to playing "half" of DMC4. Considering the incredible amounts of plot-lifting from said game, it's obvious he played the entire thing. He's also kept up on DMC since he left Capcom, clearly. Bayonetta is nothing new, and anyone who tries to say it's "more original" than DMC is deluding themselves. It copies everyone else. Hell, I can even show notes on how Bayonetta herself, in character, is is a copy of BloodRayne. Anyone else who has played the Bloodrayne games can back me up here; they're practically the same character, just with a different supernatural racial origin.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194355 said:
That would be the definition for Bayonetta.^_^

Bayonetta kills Angels. Bayonetta isn't a demon she is a witch. She is also in a different dimension from her own. She can't touch living beings in that dimension nor can they see her(she walks past humans and they are ethereal which they can't see her). If I remember correctly, she is like 500 years old(Don't want to spoil). The plot is much more original just from her character. Like I said, you have to play the game to know the game. Actually, they have all the cut scenes on youtube go and watch them :cool:.

Zato-OW

King
Dante Redgrave;194356 said:
For the love of...Bayonetta's story is NOTHING original. NO one said DMC's was, and by the way, no, it was not a "copy" of Inuyasha. The themes that are common to DMC and to Inu, I'll note, are a widespread theme in japanese fiction. You had the same thing in Kamen Rider KIva; two half brothers, one a halfbreed, the other a full breed, and they were at odds until the end. Colors you say? Dante wears red because of a Japanese cultural trait that red is a heroic color; ironic if you look at the Zelda series and it's main villian.

Bayonetta's story is a typical story of an outcast who is reviled by both sides, with a not so healthy dose of DMC4's own "Savior" storyline thrown in. And yes, I can say that, I KNOW the whole storyline in the game, and I called over half the twists before they got revealed. Kamiya also makes heavy references to his own previous game, even lifting ENTIRE LINES from the DMC series. Bayonetta is nothing more than Kamiya doing a DMC style game the way he wanted to do DMC, with a different hero leading each game. It's nothing new, nothing original and ground breaking, it's just piecing together already(and recently used, I might add) storylines from other games and tales.

Kamiya admitted to playing "half" of DMC4. Considering the incredible amounts of plot-lifting from said game, it's obvious he played the entire thing. He's also kept up on DMC since he left Capcom, clearly. Bayonetta is nothing new, and anyone who tries to say it's "more original" than DMC is deluding themselves. It copies everyone else. Hell, I can even show notes on how Bayonetta herself, in character, is is a copy of BloodRayne. Anyone else who has played the Bloodrayne games can back me up here; they're practically the same character, just with a different supernatural racial origin.

So let me get this straight. DMC is not copying Inuyasha? Both fathers were powerful respected demons. Both fathers had two sons with silver hair. Both fathers fell for a human and had a half demon/human son. Both fathers left two powerful swords to their sons. Both fathers no longer living. HOW IS THAT NOT COPY PASTE? Show me a story that's not DMC or Inuyasha that has this exactly. Bayonetta plot is much more original then DMC's because it is not a complete rip from anothers.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194358 said:
Bayonetta kills Angels. Bayonetta isn't a demon she is a witch. She is also in a different dimension from her own. She can't touch living beings in that dimension nor can they see her(she walks past humans and they are ethereal which they can't see her). If I remember correctly, she is like 500 years old(Don't want to spoil). The plot is much more original just from her character. Like I said, you have to play the game to know the game. Actually, they have all the cut scenes on youtube go and watch them :cool:.

No thanks. I'd rather use my time for something, rather than waste It watching Bayonetta doing taunts likes she's horny 24/7.

Zato-OW;194359 said:
So let me get this straight. DMC is not copying Inuyasha? Both fathers were powerful respected demons. Both fathers had two sons with silver hair. Both fathers fell for a human and had a half demon/human son. Both fathers left two powerful swords to their sons. Both fathers no longer living. HOW IS THAT NOT COPY PASTE? Show me a story that's not DMC or Inuyasha that has this exactly. Bayonetta plot is much more original then DMC's because it is not a complete rip from anothers.

He just said to you that It is a reference to a Japanese fiction anthem. Get over It.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194360 said:
No thanks. I'd rather use my time for something, rather than waste It watching Bayonetta doing taunts likes she's horny 24/7.

That's fine with me. If people don't like the game it doesn't offend me. I just hate when people throw off on a game when they haven't even played it. This same thing happened with DMC3 and maybe you remember the huge NGS and GOW asses bashing DMC when they haven't even played it. But said it was g.a.y because of Dante's character. That ****ed me off. But like I said, it depends on the type of gamer you are.

Sparda™;194360 said:
He just said to you that It is a reference to a Japanese fiction anthem. Get over It.

Obviously you didn't read what he said. Now read what I said exactly."Both fathers were powerful respected demons. Both fathers had two sons with silver hair. Both fathers fell for a human and had a half demon/human son. Both fathers left two powerful swords to their sons. Both fathers no longer living."

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194361 said:
That's fine with me. If people don't like the game it doesn't offend me. I just hate when people throw off on a game when they haven't even played it. This same thing happened with DMC3 and maybe you remember the huge NGS and GOW asses bashing DMC when they haven't even played it. But said it was g.a.y because of Dante's character. That ****ed me off. But like I said, it depends on the type of gamer you are.

I'm not a casual gamer, If you were hinting at that. Maybe I'm just throwing off a bit on Bayonetta, but I have played the demo, and the demo should actually give you a taste of how the game should be, and It really didn't impress me.

Zato-OW;194361 said:
Obviously you didn't read what he said. Now read what I said exactly."Both fathers were powerful respected demons. Both fathers had two sons with silver hair. Both fathers fell for a human and had a half demon/human son. Both fathers left two powerful swords to their sons. Both fathers no longer living."

The fact It derives traits from Dante's Inferno, is what struck me with Devil May Cry, based on a real book. But seriously, If you think It that way and you're fine with It, I don't understand why are you protecting Bayonetta with such fanaticism.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194362 said:
The fact It derives traits from Dante's Inferno, is what struck me with Devil May Cry, based on a real book. But seriously, If you think It that way and you're fine with It, I don't understand why are you protecting Bayonetta with such fanaticism.

I'm not protecting the game, I'm protecting my views. I don't really like Bayonetta's character but the game is golden imo. I'm just responding to what you are saying to me. I'm not gonna lie and say DMC isn't ripped from another story's plot almost exactly. I still like the story of DMC better then Bayonetta if that makes you feel better as well(even though it has issues). I just don't want people to miss out on this title because they hate/dislike the character. That was the same mistake people did with DMC3/4 in which I felt I had to defend. But, like I said time and time again, it depends on the gamer and I do need to get over it. I shouldn't force someone to try and like it if they are trying not to.

**Edit**
I see you said you like Dante's Inferno book. They actually have a hack n slash Dante's Inferno game coming out next year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-Kzi_nePg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTc5bCH7ac4&feature=related

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194363 said:
...I do need to get over it. I shouldn't force someone to try and like it if they are trying not to.

Wise choice.;)
It would be a never-ending discussion.

Zato-OW;194363 said:
**Edit**
I see you said you like Dante's Inferno book. They actually have a hack n slash Dante's Inferno game coming out next year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-Kzi_nePg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTc5bCH7ac4&feature=related

Already know that, but thanks nonetheless.^_^

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
In regards to the fact that both the Sparda twins and the Inu brothers both have white/silver hair...that IS indeed an old japanese cultural legend; demons typically in human guise had WHITE HAIR, as did their hybrid offspring. That has nothing to do with Inuyasha, it's the fact that the game designers are japanese and drew on some of their own culture's mythology for the characters.

"Father no longer living". I'll point to Chrono Trigger, legend of Zelda, Illusion of Gaia, any myriad of role playing games...missing parental figure is a strong element in stories and legends. Yon wann'a know the most probably inspiration for Sparda? Lucifer in Paradise Lost. He turned on his home and people because of what he felt. Sparda is an inverse of LUCIFER in religion and fictional portrayals. Lucifer turned on Heaven/Sparda turned on Hell. The whole sibling dynamic is also very common in Japanese myth and stories, with the older, more mature brother often being misguided or sort of evil.

Bayonetta's story is nothing new, nothing original, and is heavily derived from DMC4, elements of the Divine Comedy, and many other typical stories of an outcast being reviled and hated by both sides of their heritage. Her character is also derivative Dante AND Rayne of Bloodrayne fame. There's very little new in this game, and the fact you seem to possessively defend it for some reason is quite odd.

And no one is saying to skip out on this game. The mechanics and game play DO look fun, with a quirky mix of DMC gameplay and the "mini-game" timed attacks that God of War made more popular. The way you're defending the game, it's like you refusing to admit the storyline is heavily copied from other sources, merely because Kamiya's said in interview it was "written from scratch".

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194365 said:
Wise choice.;)
It would be a never-ending discussion.

Already know that, but thanks nonetheless.^_^

Ya, uh now that I think about it. THIS GAME looks like GOW like seriously. It sounds like GOW and plays like GOW. I don't think its from the same makers though.

Zato-OW

King
Dante Redgrave;194366 said:
In regards to the fact that both the Sparda twins and the Inu brothers both have white/silver hair...that IS indeed an old japanese cultural legend; demons typically in human guise had WHITE HAIR, as did their hybrid offspring. That has nothing to do with Inuyasha, it's the fact that the game designers are japanese and drew on some of their own culture's mythology for the characters.

"Father no longer living". I'll point to Chrono Trigger, legend of Zelda, Illusion of Gaia, any myriad of role playing games...missing parental figure is a strong element in stories and legends. Yon wann'a know the most probably inspiration for Sparda? Lucifer in Paradise Lost. He turned on his home and people because of what he felt. Sparda is an inverse of LUCIFER in religion and fictional portrayals. Lucifer turned on Heaven/Sparda turned on Hell. The whole sibling dynamic is also very common in Japanese myth and stories, with the older, more mature brother often being misguided or sort of evil.

Bayonetta's story is nothing new, nothing original, and is heavily derived from DMC4, elements of the Divine Comedy, and many other typical stories of an outcast being reviled and hated by both sides of their heritage. Her character is also derivative Dante AND Rayne of Bloodrayne fame. There's very little new in this game, and the fact you seem to possessively defend it for some reason is quite odd.

And no one is saying to skip out on this game. The mechanics and game play DO look fun, with a quirky mix of DMC gameplay and the "mini-game" timed attacks that God of War made more popular. The way you're defending the game, it's like you refusing to admit the storyline is heavily copied from other sources, merely because Kamiya's said in interview it was "written from scratch".

I understand what your saying and I have to look that up.Most of this stuff I am aware of btw. I read that people with white hair are seen as "godly" in Japan or something similar to that. But you mean to tell me that its all just by luck that they share that type of similarities because they are Japanese mythology's? I would say they have about 90% of similarities in that area of plot.Do you know where the two sword part comes from? Do you see how that looks suspect imo? But I'll take your word for it(for now...) because I'm tired of arguing and I got work to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom