• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta: Devil May Cry for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCookie

Sister of the Creed
Iv just finished playing the Bayonetta Demo, and i would say its better than DMC 4. C:
My dad loved how she did the nude-attack thing. x3

Railazel

Just a little insight for those of you are going on about the whole entire "Nude Attack" thing, her clothes are her actual hair. Seemingly, When Witches don't have any clothes (Not just her, but seemingly her entire clan) they use their hair as clothes and grow it to extensive lengths (they also use it for suped- up attacks as you can see).

Railazel

When it comes to being dramatic, DMC 3 beats Bayonetta by a landslide. Other than that, I find both equal in comparison, if not Bayonetta being better in gameplay.

Sparda™

I've seen a few cut-scenes and know the basics of the story thanks to the link of Zato and the info Dante Redgrave gave me through our talk.

Personally, It's a DMC4 rip-off. Of course It's better than DMC4, because he (Kamiya) played the game and knew what he had to fix so Bayonetta would look better.

As for comparing It to DMC3, you gotta be joking...It's like Devil May Cry 3 is at the top of the Temen-ni-Gru, while Bayonetta is at the Love Planet club watching It from afar.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;195739 said:
I've seen a few cut-scenes and know the basics of the story thanks to the link of Zato and the info Dante Redgrave gave me through our talk.

Personally, It's a DMC4 rip-off. Of course It's better than DMC4, because he (Kamiya) played the game and knew what he had to fix so Bayonetta would look better.

As for comparing It to DMC3, you gotta be joking...It's like Devil May Cry 3 is at the top of the Temen-ni-Gru, while Bayonetta is at the Love Planet club watching It from afar.

I was about to post, and then realized that saying what I was gonna say would be a rehash of what you just said. So... I agree wholeheartedly with your statement, SpardaTM.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;195739 said:

I wouldn't say it is a DMC4 ripoff at all, well probably more as if they took a page from DMC4. The only thing that is similar to DMC4 that I could tell is near the end of the game and Jeanne played a sort of Credo role from what I could tell.

In my opinion, this is probably THE best action game since DMC1 and what I mean by that is this game really sets bars when it comes to all out playability and gameplay overall and its really how a action game should be. The story is decent which you can't expect much for these types of games. You will get some good laughs here and there. The Voice Acting is that of DMC3/4 which means they were pretty well done. The game play is the best I've seen in this genre ever tbh and that is what attracted me to this game. If you like DMC's, GOW's and NGS's game play then you will fall in love with the game play in this game. The game play leans more towards DMC then any other because its very stylish except its alot more fast pace and with alot more weapons and moves at your hand.

To me DMC3 was slightly better then DMC4 because of the weapons,bosses and story, other then that DMC4 beats DMC3 in most ways but I'm a hardcore DMC3 fan so DMC3 wins in my eyes. DMC1 is probably the best DMC after really taking time comparing. Anyway I won't compare DMC3 to Bayonetta because it would **** people off and I would just be speaking my mind. Besides, I don't like comparing a new gen game to a last gen game. Which is why I won't concede over DMC4 being better then DMC3.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;195770 said:
In my opinion, this is probably THE best action game since DMC1 and what I mean by that is this game really sets bars when it comes to all out playability and gameplay overall and its really how a action game should be. The story is decent which you can't expect much for these types of games. You will get some good laughs here and there. The Voice Acting is that of DMC3/4 which means they were pretty well done. The game play is the best I've seen in this genre ever tbh and that is what attracted me to this game. If you like DMC's, GOW's and NGS's game play then you will fall in love with the game play in this game. The game play leans more towards DMC then any other because its very stylish except its alot more fast pace and with alot more weapons and moves at your hand.

The only game which single-handed, revolutionized the action genre is Devil May Cry. Every game after It, just tried to imitate It.

Bayonetta is no breakthrough in the genre of action gaming. It is a DMC4 rip-off, end of story.

DMC1 would be the best If the franchise would have stopped at DMC2.

As for the best Devil May Cry, the most complete game has to be Devil May Cry 3. Best soundtrack, best storyline, best boss fights, various firearms and Devil Arms to choose from and its hardest mode being for connoisseurs of such games.
I'm not talking in the personal plan, but what's known as an opinion, and as long as your opinion doesn't match the mass, none cares about It.

As for Devil May Cry 4, I tend to disagree again with you. It's the most incomplete game out of the franchise, the most rushed. And no, visual graphics don't compensate the backtracking of stages and bosses which is super annoying, the lack of weapons and last but not least, the terrible storyline. I'd put DMC4 as third best only for having a new character, Nero. Even Devil May Cry 2 had different stages and bosses to fight against.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Well,i love all the DMC games,yet for me DMC 3 is the best since it was my first[in the series that is].But i believe that all DMC games are good.So it always holds a special place in my heart.But agreed on DMC 4 being the most rushed of them all.And yeah Kamiya revolutionised with DMC,he doesn't need to do more,he created one of the best genres ever :

Stylish Action/Extreme Combat.Oh yeah.My two cents.

Sparda™

Devil Bane;195806 said:
Well,i love all the DMC games,yet for me DMC 3 is the best since it was my first[in the series that is].But i believe that all DMC games are good.So it always holds a special place in my heart.But agreed on DMC 4 being the most rushed of them all.And yeah Kamiya revolutionised with DMC,he doesn't need to do more,he created one of the best genres ever :

Stylish Action/Extreme Combat.Oh yeah.My two cents.

Kamiya indeed made a great job with Devil May Cry, but Bayonetta is just a DMC4 rip-off.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;195803 said:
The only game which single-handed, revolutionized the action genre is Devil May Cry. Every game after It, just tried to imitate It.

Bayonetta is no breakthrough in the genre of action gaming. It is a DMC4 rip-off, end of story.

DMC1 would be the best If the franchise would have stopped at DMC2.

As for the best Devil May Cry, the most complete game has to be Devil May Cry 3. Best soundtrack, best storyline, best boss fights, various firearms and Devil Arms to choose from and its hardest mode being for connoisseurs of such games.
I'm not talking in the personal plan, but what's known as an opinion, and as long as your opinion doesn't match the mass, none cares about It.

As for Devil May Cry 4, I tend to disagree again with you. It's the most incomplete game out of the franchise, the most rushed. And no, visual graphics don't compensate the backtracking of stages and bosses which is super annoying, the lack of weapons and last but not least, the terrible storyline. I'd put DMC4 as third best only for having a new character, Nero. Even Devil May Cry 2 had different stages and bosses to fight against.

Well if you feel that way but you forget that the majority speaks for the game. Bayonetta has broken that barrier by the majority feedback just as DMC1 and GOW did in their time. I know its your opinion and all, but you keep saying its a DMC4 ripoff and I'm trying to figure out why? The only thing I see that they took from DMC4 is at the near end of the game. In this game they have a being called The Creator which is very similar to The Savior. There are other small things that are similar but I wouldn't say they took it from DMC4.

Me personally, I think DMC1 just sightly edges DMC3. Most people feel that DMC1 is the best out of the series its just that simple.

VGOP-RawrItsBrad

ok heres a funny story
recently went into my local Gamestation, had a browse and looked around and came arounf DMC2 for PS2 and thought "Wow! i didnt play this one cause i was too young at the time" so i took it to the checkout and was asked straight away by the staff member "why are you buying that?" and in reflex i answered "because i was too young to buy it when it came out and totally forgot about it"
so then he reply "erm........mate! the game is ****!"
i was like WHAT! if it was then they wouldnt of bought out a third game?

did the game get a bad review of something?

Zato-OW

King
VGOP-RawrItsBrad;195820 said:
ok heres a funny story
recently went into my local Gamestation, had a browse and looked around and came arounf DMC2 for PS2 and thought "Wow! i didnt play this one cause i was too young at the time" so i took it to the checkout and was asked straight away by the staff member "why are you buying that?" and in reflex i answered "because i was too young to buy it when it came out and totally forgot about it"
so then he reply "erm........mate! the game is ****!"
i was like WHAT! if it was then they wouldnt of bought out a third game?

did the game get a bad review of something?

Ya, people tossed it out fast. DMC2 was my first DMC game so I wont beat it down but its the worst DMC game. Reviews were very bad for it too.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zato-OW;195823 said:
Ya, people tossed it out fast. DMC2 was my first DMC game so I wont beat it down but its the worst DMC game. Reviews were very bad for it too.

I'm in the same situation you're in, my friend. DMC 2 was my first, and I can't let any bad review beat down my opinion. To me, it comes in third. My love for the series goes 1>3>2>4. 1 is just the BEST!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Anyone who doesn't see the massive story stealing from DMC4 in Bayonette needs to replay DMC4. Not only that, Kamyia stole entire lines from DMC1, and a few from DMC3. I don't care if the first was one of his own projects, that's just lazy.

Holy city that is home to the "Creator", and it's a giant statue. Holy Order that runs the city, which is dedicating to awakening the Creator. The crucial hinge of the driving plot is exactly the same as DMC4's, they just removed the Love story and flipped out a demon-blood for a slutty witch. And the plot "twists" you see coming about ten miles away.

The reason people are seeing Bayonetta as this "incredible revolutionary" game is because, in terms of game play, they've taken the evolutions in system from DMC series and mixed it with the keyed button timing that GoW made more popular. That and the titular character is so jaw drawing in her actions and way of behaving, of course it's gonn'a get attention. Especially, you know, from the male gamer population, which IS the majority.

Zato-OW

King
Dante Redgrave;195847 said:
Anyone who doesn't see the massive story stealing from DMC4 in Bayonette needs to replay DMC4. Not only that, Kamyia stole entire lines from DMC1, and a few from DMC3. I don't care if the first was one of his own projects, that's just lazy.

Holy city that is home to the "Creator", and it's a giant statue. Holy Order that runs the city, which is dedicating to awakening the Creator. The crucial hinge of the driving plot is exactly the same as DMC4's, they just removed the Love story and flipped out a demon-blood for a slutty witch. And the plot "twists" you see coming about ten miles away.

The reason people are seeing Bayonetta as this "incredible revolutionary" game is because, in terms of game play, they've taken the evolutions in system from DMC series and mixed it with the keyed button timing that GoW made more popular. That and the titular character is so jaw drawing in her actions and way of behaving, of course it's gonn'a get attention. Especially, you know, from the male gamer population, which IS the majority.

"Flock off feather face" I love that line btw. By Rodins quotes he lets you know they are using dialog from other games. He even says in his video interview that there will be references from all of his work in this game. The only lines I heard that were from DMC3 were "die,begone" Which he used some lines from RE2 too(I think he was the director of this game). As I said they had some DMC3/4 developers working on this game that left Capcom.

The only thing that was taken from DMC4 that I could tell is The Creator(even though its a woman and has 2 sides which we only see one and is also ALOT stronger then The Savior) I agree the game play is what makes this probably the best action game since DMC1. But saying this game is massively stealing from DMC4 is BS because the only thing that I can see was used is at the end of the game. I also felt Jeanne played a sort of Vergil/Credo role or something of that nature. But I can see why you feel that way.

DMC4: Nero is a orphan that carries the blood of Sparda. He lives in Fortuna a city that dedicates its self to Sparda. Nero gets a Devil Arm(w/e you want to call it) that he knows little about and tries to hide it from the public. He is in love with his somewhat child hood friend.He chases after Dante because he think Dante is evil. He finds out that some members of the "order" is evil. So he goes to get questions from Credo. He finds out Credo is in on it as well. He fights Sanctus. Sanctus reveals The Savior to Nero. A Statue that was started by Sparda(Yeah I found this out just need to remember where) and was somewhat finished by Sanctus. Sanctus cannot beat Dante so he captures Nero and wanted to use him as the core. Sanctus reveals that he wanted to change the world in his view and destroy the Devil's World with this statue. Sanctus gets owned and dies. The Savior is somewhat destroyed.

Gonna skip and cut edges. SPOILERS btw. Forgive my typos.

Bayonetta: Bayonetta is a witch who lost most of her memory. She was also from a town named Vigrid. So at first you play through the game trying to fill in the missing blanks which she will have flash backs through out the game. Rodin appears to be a demon but imo I think he is a Lumen Sage I mean he has a Angel form just like the "Last Lumen Sage". He tries to explain to her(rather us) whats going on with all three worlds(Heaven,Hell,Human World). Angels attacks Bayonetta which she doesn't know at first why. She meets Jeanne and she appears to know Bayonetta. Bayonetta has a flash back where she is fighting Jeanne. She retains some of her memory. She then meets Luka who is a man that claims Bayonetta killed his father. She toys with him then moves on. She fights all these big Holy Angels that after defeating them they reveal that they are testing her but she doesn't understand. Skipping a few parts Bayonetta runs into a little girl named Cereza. Cereza thinks Bayonetta is her mother. Bayonetta tends to watch over her for a few chapters and runs into Luka then decides to let him watch her. Bayonetta gets ****ed off when the Angels tries to kill Cereza then she decides to journey to a City that is Holy. She fights Jeanne one last time and they have a touchy moment. She then enters the main building and runs into the master mind behind all of this,which is said to be the last Lumen Sage. She find out that Cereza is her as a child from her past and she also finds out that Jeanne's mind was altered and that Jeanne was a close friend to hers as a child. The Lumen Sage asorbs Cereza then he gets owned by Bayonetta. Then Bayonetta returns Cereza back to her time. Some how Bayonetta losses control over her self and she faints or something. The Lumen Sage and Bayonetta floats into a random statue and the statue comes to life(It's like 10 of them there). The statue turns into the one they call The Creator but her real name is Jublieus. Jeanne comes to save Bayonetta riding up the other statues that was around the one Lumen Sage picked. They end up in deep space some how. Anyway Jeanne saves Bayonetta before she is asorbed. Since Bayonetta was not asorbed and only the Lumen Sage with the "right eye" Jubileus was not completed and turned only into the "Light" version leaving her watered down. Jubileus gets owned by Bayonetta and "Sheba" which is the Dark version of Jublieus and punched her through the galaxy into the sun.

Spoilers end*

Like I said before the only thing I see they took from DMC4 is the Creator idea and how its formed. The plot is very similar between the statues.

I agree with you on the gameplay part. But no one really likes Bayonetta's character(well from first glances). From what I have seen and read its just the game play that attracted most people which should be the case. I find that a lot of female gamers absolutely dislikes her character which is cool by me. Me personally, her character is okay at the least. I like Dante's slick style better.

Sparda™

Dante Redgrave;195847 said:

This.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom