• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta: Devil May Cry for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

I know this is about a different game, but its made by the same guys who made DMC, so I thought it would still be able to fit here. Anyways, yeah, if you guys ever play the demo or seen some of the scenes, its amazing. Its pretty similar to DMC, except for a few added stuff, and its sexy! I really wouldn't be surprised if there was a crossover between the two.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Meh... i love the director, but I hated the witch-like gameplay...
I know this is a little off topic, but that other game that is going to be released soon, called Darksiders is very promising...
I loved the hack'n slash gameplay

sdf

I downloaded the demo i didnt liked it to be honest, it looks like a low budget production.
I give it 5 out of 10.... but the thing that really made me want to quite the game ASAP was the music... wtf was that?
when the music started i checked at the upper left of my screen to see if it says "INSERT COIN" for gods sakes..

@Crimson Devil +1 for darksiders it really looks really promising, this year we have a lot titles coming.

-Related to Bayonetta or DMC style
Darksiders
God of War 3
Highlander
CastleVania(Cant wait for this, Konami+Kojima)
Dantes Inferno
Demons Souls

Not related but to make my point
Heavy Rain
Dark Void (no faith at all)
Bioshock 2 (I hate FP games but bioshock is different)
Gran Turismo 5

i dont think that bayonetta have any chance,
The alternatives are great and the none alternatives gets the spotlight.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
A lot of ppl have said they didn;t like the fast -paced gameplay
I got the Bayonetta demo with the latest copy of the official xbox 360 magazine. Personally, i loved it!
But, there are alot of similarities between Bayonetta and DMC (I was going through them).
You have something similar to a DT gauge that can be replenished by using Purple crystal butterflies (instead of purple/white orbs). Instead of green orbs that replenish health, there are crystal laurel leaves. Instead of red orbs to purchase new items, moves etc, you collect halos.

But like i said (along with nit picking) i loved the demo.
I love the music as well.
It's not really DMC for girls. But it is great to have a female hero (and one that wears glasses too). I mean sega have decided that instead of a male demon, they would have a female witch.
I can't wait for the release!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I love the fact that it's like DMC turned on it's head where she is killing Angels instead of Demons. I liked the music for the most part but I am getting really sick of battle themes having lyrics it's so annoying and theres no need.

But yeah the story looks decent, the gameplay...kicked my ass at first ill admit (but nothing that can't be adjusted to) but was fun nonetheless. Yeah im pretty much sold.

Sparda™

Never liked the game since the beginning, and when I actually tried the demo at a friend's, It convinced me I was right.

The game just doesn't live to the hype.

Zato-OW

King
It does in Japan. I think its the number 1 ps3/xbox game sold this year so far over there. It was rated a 40/40(which is very rare) by Famitsu too which rated DMC4 a 35/40 and I think quoted "This game is what DMC4 should have been". But it really does depend on the gamer and if you don't like it then that's cool as long as you have a unbias opinion why.

Gameplay wise I think its far better then DMC(and any other in its genre) including the environments. The main character can be somewhat annoying but she is still pretty funny. If you do buy the game, you will see a lot of references from DMC(Mostly DMC1 as in Ebony and Ivory and I think the alastor, also Trish and Mundus from what I've seen and heard) They also reference Okami and Sonic. The combo system is just simply better then DMC, NGS and GOW all put together imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMU7lKZyS20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4EmZv4Ko30

Honestly, If your truly not bias(I was at first) to the game and in it for the gameplay you would most likely love it. I imported and the game is very well put together with ALOT of unlockables and replay value(and I mean ALOT). Me being honest, this is what DMC4 should have been on a serious note.

Sparda™

Well, you said It yourself, as It is number one in Japan. I don't really care who rates the games, Famitsu or whatever rating group/company.

I tried the demo and It didn't convince me It was a game worth winning my sympathy.

What Devil May Cry 4 lacked, was a solid fresh storyline and not a rushed out, super cliche like the one we saw.

Backtracking, repetitive bosses, no costumes, lack of Devil Arms and firearms, If I might add to the list too.

What sucks more with Bayonetta is the lack of a PC port. I mean, com' on, the modding community needs a fresh game.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194149 said:
Well, you said It yourself, as It is number one in Japan. I don't really care who rates the games, Famitsu or whatever rating group/company.

I tried the demo and It didn't convince me It was a game worth winning my sympathy.

What Devil May Cry 4 lacked, was a solid fresh storyline and not a rushed out, super cliche like the one we saw.

Backtracking, repetitive bosses, no costumes, lack of Devil Arms and firearms, If I might add to the list too.

What sucks more with Bayonetta is the lack of a PC port. I mean, com' on, the modding community needs a fresh game.
Hey if that's what you feel then that's what you feel. DMC4 can be argued on why it sucked. I can think of numerous of reason's why I haven't played it since last year.

Like I said before, it depends on the type of gamer you are and what you look for in a game. Bayonetta is one of those games whether you either love it or hate it same goes for DMC series which is overshadowed by GOW now(at least on the west). I wanted a PC port more then anything and I was ****ed we didn't get one. Then again, I have a PS3 so I was still able to purchase it. But PC was my first choice.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194151 said:
Hey if that's what you feel then that's what you feel. DMC4 can be argued on why it sucked. I can think of numerous of reason's why I haven't played it since last year.

Yeah, we agree on this ,at least. DMC4 has many reasons why It sucked.

Zato-OW;194151 said:
Like I said before, it depends on the type of gamer you are and what you look for in a game. Bayonetta is one of those games whether you either love it or hate it same goes for DMC series which is overshadowed by GOW now(at least on the west). I wanted a PC port more then anything and I was ****ed we didn't get one. Then again, I have a PS3 so I was still able to purchase it. But PC was my first choice.

I love the fast-pace, string-combos, huge bosses and thousands of enemies appearing in the screen, but, dunno, something about Bayonetta was not right.

Maybe It's just me now who is too damn lazy to focus on other games of the same genre, but If Bayonetta would really be out for PC, I'd actually try It. I do hope they make a PC port, as mainly I am a PC gamer.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
The songs are very anoying... also, the character didnt draw my attention like dante did when I first saw him (I know this sounds very gay, considering dante is a guy and bayonetta has a woman as main character)

aoshi

Gameplay is great but lets admit but the character is a pervert(i hate her taunts). I wish capcom can create challenging gameplay with better characters as in DMC 3.Dante is ****y but not a perv in DMC3. If u can take any character for granted, game may not disappoint you.

I wish new game characters being created have better motivation with good gameplay such that characterisation does not shadow gameplay. DMC3 Dante was kinda hard to comprehend.

And too clumsy designs. DMC 3 had vivid and clear design for each mission.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Crimson Devil;194154 said:
The songs are very anoying... also, the character didnt draw my attention like dante did when I first saw him

She drew my attention..especially when she walked slowly lol ^_^

aoshi;194165 said:
Gameplay is great but lets admit but the character is a pervert(i hate her taunts). I wish capcom can create challenging gameplay with better characters as in DMC 3.Dante is ****y but not a perv in DMC3. If u can take any character for granted, game may not disappoint you.

I wish new game characters being created have better motivation with good gameplay such that characterisation does not shadow gameplay. DMC3 Dante was kinda hard to comprehend.

And too clumsy designs. DMC 3 had vivid and clear design for each mission.

What about when Dante was perving over Nevan and Lady? The only 2 women in the game? The reason Bayonetta is like that is because of the massive reaction to DMC3. Everybody went nuts over this guy who acted like a total a$$ and tried to be all sexy so what do Sega do? made a character who is an ass and tries to be all sexy. It was the most likley way to grab the attention of DMC3 fans.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;194195 said:
What about when Dante was perving over Nevan and Lady? The only 2 women in the game? The reason Bayonetta is like that is because of the massive reaction to DMC3. Everybody went nuts over this guy who acted like a total a$$ and tried to be all sexy so what do Sega do? made a character who is an ass and tries to be all sexy. It was the most likley way to grab the attention of DMC3 fans.

Only 1/10 of those who loved DMC3 liked Bayonetta.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194214 said:
Its very similar to DMC in humor but to me Dante and Bayonetta act very much alike.

There's a very obvious reason why. But her acting is more perverted than Dante's, and no, It's not justified by the fact she's a female protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom