• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah it sort of gives you something back for your money whilst also helping to donate to the site. I would say the members would hold sway over whether or not something is a contribution to the forums. However if a certain member contributes quite a lot and a member of staff felt like that person deserved a bigger reward then it would be down to the staff to decide on that or what that might be. It could possibly range from being giving a free Gold Membership for say 3 months, 6 months or even a 1 year. To perhaps just a huge increase in experience points for the Arcade. It would be up to them.

The likes that our posts receive would work in conjunction with how much experience we gained. The more likes then the more experience. Maybe the ranks won't work on how many posts a particular user has, but more so on how many likes they gain and how well others have felt they have contributed to the site overall.

Perhaps for whether or not we should use the like feature to determine whether or not someone is contributing or a new feature altogether is something I couldn't really say. Personallly for me though I think it might be a good idea if Steve could perhaps implement the old 'reputation' system again to work alongside this. That way the rep system would determine whether or not that member is a regular contributor with their posts, videos, artwork or donations. And the likes would just work to show if other people like your comments and to gain you XP.

So to summarise. Your likes received gain you XP, perhaps used in the Arcade. And your reputation could gain you new ranks and possible other benefits.

interesting that should work however he would have to track accounts to make sure someone wasnt creating fake accounts to like the threads and posts on other accounts to increase their points so giving members a certain amount of likes to each post or for each member?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
interesting that should work however he would have to track accounts to make sure someone wasnt creating fake accounts to like the threads and posts on other accounts to increase their points so giving members a certain amount of likes to each post or for each member?

I haven't come to witness anyone creating multiple accounts to increase their overall likes. And like I said, I think we should leave any real increase in experience points or other benefits down to the Staff.

The idea we have here is to implement another way in which someone would gain a new rank. And also to reward members in different ways for their various contributions. And just because a member doesn't have a million likes or doesn't post up helpful Devil May Cry tips does not mean he/she can't still increase their rank. They could increase their rank by completing their daily challenge.

The daily challenges could be sent in the form of an Alert. Once a member logs into their user account they would see they have 1 Alert. This Alert would be some sort of message stating 'Post 5 times' (As an example) and if that member did just that they would increase their reputation which would help towards gaining them a new rank. And also they would perhaps earn a new trophy such as 'Completed a Daily Challenge'.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I haven't come to witness anyone creating multiple accounts to increase their overall likes. And like I said, I think we should leave any real increase in experience points or other benefits down to the Staff.

The idea we have here is to implement another way in which someone would gain a new rank. And also to reward members in different ways for their various contributions. And just because a member doesn't have a million likes or doesn't post up helpful Devil May Cry tips does not mean he/she can't still increase their rank. They could increase their rank by completing their daily challenge.

The daily challenges could be sent in the form of an Alert. Once a member logs into their user account they would see they have 1 Alert. This Alert would be some sort of message stating 'Post 5 times' (As an example) and if that member did just that they would increase their reputation which would help towards gaining them a new rank. And also they would perhaps earn a new trophy such as 'Completed a Daily Challenge'.

Hopefully steve considers all this cuz i think its all a great idea and shoudl work really well

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hopefully steve considers all this cuz i think its all a great idea and shoudl work really well

I'm glad you like the idea and also added some of your own ideas. I think it would work well because not only does the site benefit (Increase in forum activity, with more posts and contributions) but so would the members (Potential new ranks and an arcade). The idea here is to just reward members for their efforts as well as to increase the forum activity. You win both ways really.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I'm glad you like the idea and also added some of your own ideas. I think it would work well because not only does the site benefit (Increase in forum activity, with more posts and contributions) but so would the members (Potential new ranks and an arcade). The idea here is to just reward members for their efforts as well as to increase the forum activity. You win both ways really.

So long as there are systems and people in place to stop people from abuse the rewards or other members it should work and the site will become even better i mean its primarly dmc but it has the potenial to grow into an all around game and even television forum considering there are members who are able to provide excellent reviews

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
this has the potenial to really make a difference on the site and unlike my capcom dmc online function idea i can actually see steve's input on these idea's hopefully

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
How come when I post, the site doesn't redirect me to my new post? In other words I post and nothing happens. I'm given the impression that nothing has been posted yet if I refresh the page my post is there. Forsake me not Steve!

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Would it be possible to creat new trophies that give you points based on the dmc games you have beaten and s ranked? just a thought?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Would it be possible to creat new trophies that give you points based on the dmc games you have beaten and s ranked? just a thought?

Dont know if theres a way to get them to link to the actual achievements/trophies on the consoles so would likely have to be user set but then people could put anything in there even if they hadnt actually achieved the rank.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Dont know if theres a way to get them to link to the actual achievements/trophies on the consoles so would likely have to be user set but then people could put anything in there even if they hadnt actually achieved the rank.

thats true :/ damn

Dark Drakan

Admin
thats true :/ damn

Nice idea but some things just arent possible if we have to link multiple things together. We can link Gamer Tags etc to profiles but no way that I know of to tie achievements/trophies with awards on the boards.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Nice idea but some things just arent possible if we have to link multiple things together. We can link Gamer Tags etc to profiles but no way that I know of to tie achievements/trophies with awards on the boards.

lol it was a nice thought what about my question earlier about giving an upload file option to private conversations instead of just threads

Top Bottom