• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
can't help my heritage it's how i talk ha if i was speaking to another irish guy i'd have said nice job lad the site is savage lookin keep her lit kid g'luck and thanks

lol i can relate you should see what happens when im around carribean(mainly jamaican or trinidadian etc) people my accent comes right out that or if a get a good amoutnt of rum in me

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i tend to write straight english so people won't be confused if i spoke freely people wouldn't know half of what i was on about

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i tend to write straight english so people won't be confused if i spoke freely people wouldn't know half of what i was on about

lol possibly ever seen someone of jamaican heritage type how they are actually speaking lol its hilarious take it from me you can understand maybe 1 out of 5 words

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
my uncle seymour was from negril he married my aunt when she went on holidaysthere years ago they met don't see him much now since she passed away but i loved his accent and his stories as a child

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah thanks for clearing up my question mate :)

I think what would be cool is the fact that Steve added the whole 'starter' thing for whoever started a thread. And if he could do that then I was wondering if he could apply different words to member's avatars as to invoke a new ranking system. It would be cool :)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah thanks for clearing up my question mate :)

I think what would be cool is the fact that Steve added the whole 'starter' thing for whoever started a thread. And if he could do that then I was wondering if he could apply different words to member's avatars as to invoke a new ranking system. It would be cool :)

Thats actually a great idea :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Prolly would work the question is how to increase your rank? more trophies? more mgs? more likes? lol

I think you make a good point here. And personally how I'd like it to work is make it a mixture of all three. I'd suggest making more trophies or something too to work alongside this.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I think you make a good point here. And personally how I'd like it to work is make it a mixture of all three. I'd suggest making more trophies or something too to work alongside this.

but there needs to be something more...somethings missing i mean some people have close to 5000 mgs already and theres only so much you can post and only so often people well like what you post...maybe a game of some sort either on this site or through another site..idk

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
but there needs to be something more...somethings missing i mean some people have close to 5000 mgs already and theres only so much you can post and only so often people well like what you post...maybe a game of some sort either on this site or through another site..idk

We use to have an Arcade on here but it was exclusive to Gold Members only. I mean that would be a nice addition/re-addition to the website. I was thinking perhaps make more trophies, perhaps weekly or daily challenges/rewards. For instance, posting a certain amount of times in a day/week. And hoping to receive a couple of likes in a day. This would also increase forum activity, which would be positive.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
We use to have an Arcade on here but it was exclusive to Gold Members only. I mean that would be a nice addition/re-addition to the website. I was thinking perhaps make more trophies, perhaps weekly or daily challenges/rewards. For instance, posting a certain amount of times in a day/week. And hoping to receive a couple of likes in a day. This would also increase forum activity, which would be positive.

That works well like the daily halo reach challenges and id love an arcade on here lol more trophies even competitions like actually putting pictures and fan art to votes or dmc gameplay vids for judging as well that kind of thing

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah I was thinking the 'Halo like' daily challenges would be interesting because it would get more members posting. The rewards could range from gaining a higher rank to perhaps receiving Gold Membership status for a week or something, or perhaps letting people access the arcade. Maybe the games require a certain rank or a certain amount of points that are gained through likes received.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
There should be a gold-ish "Upgrade" button on the navigation bar above. Click on that and it takes you through the process :)

Do you think steve could add an "upload a file" option to private convo's just like he has for the threads?

Yeah I was thinking the 'Halo like' daily challenges would be interesting because it would get more members posting. The rewards could range from gaining a higher rank to perhaps receiving Gold Membership status for a week or something, or perhaps letting people access the arcade. Maybe the games require a certain rank or a certain amount of points that are gained through likes received.

Those sounds like an awsome idea's all around:) and would def raise a bit of popularity with the site

There should be a gold-ish "Upgrade" button on the navigation bar above. Click on that and it takes you through the process :)

also and this one isnt so important but the 5 dantes up top only three have guns..dante 1,2 and 4, was wondering, if steve wanted to, if he could give dante3 and reboot a gun as well? dmc3 could have an ivory and the reboot could have ebony lol just a small request

Last edited by a moderator:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Those sounds like an awsome idea's all around:) and would def raise a bit of popularity with the site

Yeah I'm thinking that it might help to make a slight increase in forum activity. And it would also give members some sort of goal to achieve. You know, higher ranks etc and some different benefits.

The Arcade itself could be on a separate site as you suggested. And maybe the games on there could have different levels to them etc And those can only be unlocked once a member has a certain amount of experience points perhaps gained by receiving likes or contributing to the forums in some way, shape or form (With artwork, helpful DMC/DmC tips or gameplay videos etc...)

Also maybe members could be rewarded with a boost of experience points or whatever by donating something to the forum. So every 5 USD (3.21GBP) donated, you'd receive 'x' amount of experience points to go towards unlocking more games/levels to play in the Arcade.

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah I'm thinking that it might help to make a slight increase in forum activity. And it would also give members some sort of goal to achieve. You know, higher ranks etc and some different benefits.

The Arcade itself could be on a separate site as you suggested. And maybe the games on there could have different levels to them etc And those can only be unlocked once a member has a certain amount of experience points perhaps gained by receiving likes or contributing to the forums in some way, shape or form (With artwork, helpful DMC/DmC tips or gameplay videos etc...)

Also maybe members could be rewarded with a boost of experience points or whatever by donating something to the forum. So every 10 USD (6.49BP) donated, you'd receive 'x' amount of experience points to go towards unlocking more games/levels to play in the Arcade.

Thats an even better idea it helps raise money while giving members the option and incentive to donate without forcing them however who would determine if what you contributed is helpful in terms of artowrk or tips or gameplay hints?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thats an even better idea it helps raise money while giving members the option and incentive to donate without forcing them however who would determine if what you contributed is helpful in terms of artowrk or tips or gameplay hints?

Yeah it sort of gives you something back for your money whilst also helping to donate to the site. I would say the members would hold sway over whether or not something is a contribution to the forums. However if a certain member contributes quite a lot and a member of staff felt like that person deserved a bigger reward then it would be down to the staff to decide on that or what that might be. It could possibly range from being giving a free Gold Membership for say 3 months, 6 months or even a 1 year. To perhaps just a huge increase in experience points for the Arcade. It would be up to them.

The likes that our posts receive would work in conjunction with how much experience we gained. The more likes then the more experience. Maybe the ranks won't work on how many posts a particular user has, but more so on how many likes they gain and how well others have felt they have contributed to the site overall.

Perhaps for whether or not we should use the like feature to determine whether or not someone is contributing or a new feature altogether is something I couldn't really say. Personallly for me though I think it might be a good idea if Steve could perhaps implement the old 'reputation' system again to work alongside this. That way the rep system would determine whether or not that member is a regular contributor with their posts, videos, artwork or donations. And the likes would just work to show if other people like your comments and to gain you XP.

So to summarise. Your likes received gain you XP, perhaps used in the Arcade. And your reputation could gain you new ranks and possible other benefits.

Top Bottom