• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Dark Drakan

Admin
Private landlord. We did approach the tenancy through an estate agent as normal but somehow along the line the landlords didn't finish advertising the place through it, so it's mostly through them, and not a third party. Although a third party is holding our deposit.

The thing is, why should anyone have to suffer those kind of remarks from anyone and be polite about it? I was polite until I could get him out the door of course, but I'm so angry about it now I don't think I'm going to be able to be polite to him again. He knows damn well I live with my boyfriend, and that he shouldn't be saying those things, so unless it's some ploy to deliberately make us uncomfortable and leave, he should know better. What if he's doing this to other female tenants and I'm not the first? It's just not right. And maybe nobody's ever pulled him up about it, so he just keeps on doing it thinking he can get away with it and nobody will dare say anything.

You shouldnt have to but getting into a huge argument and throwing insults around would surely make the situation worse. If he has the ammo to make your life hell and your afraid of this then surely it would be best to not fuel the fire. Like I said if it were me and someone was doing it to my fiancée id make sure he knew id heard about it and it would take a lot for me to not smash his teeth out of his face. However that would definitely not help the situation in your case. You can keep telling him it makes you feel uncomfortable and you dont appreciate the remarks and see where that goes he sounds like a creep to me.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Private landlord. We did approach the tenancy through an estate agent as normal but somehow along the line the landlords didn't finish advertising the place through it, so it's mostly through them, and not a third party. Although a third party is holding our deposit.

The thing is, why should anyone have to suffer those kind of remarks from anyone and be polite about it? I was polite until I could get him out the door of course, but I'm so angry about it now I don't think I'm going to be able to be polite to him again. He knows damn well I live with my boyfriend, and that he shouldn't be saying those things, so unless it's some ploy to deliberately make us uncomfortable and leave, he should know better. What if he's doing this to other female tenants and I'm not the first? It's just not right. And maybe nobody's ever pulled him up about it, so he just keeps on doing it thinking he can get away with it and nobody will dare say anything.
All the more reason to be the one who DOES do something about it. I agree, it's not right - of course it's not. But for the law to remain on your side you have to be all polite and nice at least to his face and then go make an accurate depiction of him through the medium of sculpture and stick several knives into his appendages until you feel marginally better. Although what a waste of good art material...

You have more rights than he probably even knows - you owe it to yourself and indeed any other poor woman after you to stop this guy before his comments become something more unpleasant, you know? Get in touch with CAB at least and see what they have to say about it.

At the end of the day, just because you're fabulous doesn't mean he can be like this ;)

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Is this Improvised Explosive Device that is deeply rooted into the front porch of the DMC Forum Admins House yours?
If your not using it, I was planning to disarm it with these wire clippers and this pair of oven mitts...
So... are you using it?...^_^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
@ Lexy. This has happened to people around me a lot. Not 100% the same situation but not really far from it either. Each time it was handled differently. According to the offender's character. So here's the first thing I'd do in your place. While being overly polite, not only avoid him with any way you can think of (excuses for the win) but when he throws funny stuff like the one you mentioned for example, the thing that his partner doesn't have to learn about how he behaves around you, throw careful small hints here and there that he might learn from someone who wouldn't like the stuff your landlord pulls.

In short, smile a lot, be overly polite but try and make him uncomfortable. Little each time. Since you won't be overdoing it, he won't actually understand what goes wrong. And after a while he will only think "talking with this gal makes me uncomfortable" making him stop the advances on his own. Try anything. My friend had lots of male friends coming to visit, and actually took the effort to invite the "bad" guy in those events to. She was being overly friendly, but of course he didn't appreciate a party with other males mostly.

I know that on the inside you probably feel like omg-this-guy-i'm-puking-now but if you play the cat and mouse with him with a smile you absolutely can't lose. Avoid him with smart excuses when he has the advantage and engage him in conversation while being surrounded by trusted friends (the more friends the better). He's sure to take the hint one way or another.

However you need to be extra careful. The guy might be dangerous. If he "fails" too much he might go overboard. Be sure to do all the necessary and easy stuff to protect yourself when you're alone, in case he might one day snap. But certainly mind games is the way I'd do it. Giving them what they want but not in the way they want it makes them feel miserable.

@SRS. Rogues. ARE. Awesome.
Gunblades. also. ARE. Awesome.
Can't see how you might fail.

@Xeroxis
It's our birthday present from that smurf with the explosions:D Of course we love it!

@Blitz. Since I don't play the game to know the differences in appearance/gameplay/advantages I'll go with potential plot. Both teams to me, seem full of guys looking for an excuse to fire their guns. One of the teams is actually paid and legal. Meaning they have special privileges. So Counter-terrorists all the wayXD

Blitz

Heeeeey.
NOOOOOO, I meant in terms of evilness/goodness. Ex:

Terrorists: yattah
Ct's: Blah
Only that it's with the staff.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but I'm really curious to know why...

Dear Staff, why do you not allow people to double post? Is it like a problem to the system or something?

And what if you want to edit your post, but you can't, but need to add to it so it makes sense?...

Am I Making sense?...

Blitz

Heeeeey.
I'm not staff, but Angel told me that you CAN edit posts during a short period of time after the post.
EDIT: And double-posting junks up the forums.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I'm not staff, but Angel told me that you CAN edit posts during a short period of time after the post.
EDIT: And double-posting junks up the forums.

Ok, I get the junking up part, but the first part of your reply, I know that you have a limited amount of time to edit, but I meant after that time, is it still possible to edit or is that something the staff has to do?

Oh, and can we(the members) merge the posts or is that also staff?...

Blitz

Heeeeey.
Ok, I get the junking up part, but the first part of your reply, I know that you have a limited amount of time to edit, but I meant after that time, is it still possible to edit or is that something the staff has to do?

Only if you get a Gold Membership, buying or winning from Competitions.

Oh, and can we(the members) merge the posts or is that also staff?...

Staff only, I believe.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'm guessing you probably can't after the short-time interval. So you have to be really fast/sure of what you're editing/and why.

If you want to add stuff, my advice is that you write it somewhere else and then hit the edit button to copy paste them. Writing and pondering while editing kinda defeats the purpose of the edit.

Also, only the staff can merge posts.

EDIT: Ninja-ed

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Dear staff: I found a complication I want to ask about...
I usually post when its interesting to say, and sometimes its times apart.
Sometimes I post on a thread, and I check back an hour later to post something completely different (or awesome),
and no one posted since. This usually looks like a double post, and the edit button is long expired.
How should I go about this? Do I have to wait for someone else to post, and maybey wait a day or two?,or.....
....what?....
I'm not exactly sure what to do in this situation....
well, thanks for hearing me out :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
So what is the point of a Gold Membership?...
Like, who's idea was it?...

Most forums have it. Dunno where the original idea came from. Unlike here in most forums you pay monthly/yearly to have it, so it's like a small donation.
Dear staff: I found a complication I want to ask about...
I usually post when its interesting to say, and sometimes its times apart.
Sometimes I post on a thread, and I check back an hour later to post something completely different (or awesome),
and no one posted since. This usually looks like a double post, and the edit button is long expired.
How should I go about this? Do I have to wait for someone else to post, and maybey wait a day or two?,or.....
....what?....
I'm not exactly sure what to do in this situation....
well, thanks for hearing me out :D

In those cases you should either wait for someone to post/or at least a few days as you said. However if you think you absolutely must add something then post it and let a message like *my edit expired, someone please merge this*.

However those should be super rare. ;) There is nothing sooo important. That's why you should think before posting and hit the post reply button when you're sure you've written everything you want.

ZeroLove

I think I will ask in here, not sure where else to ask.
I'm a Google Chrome user (peace out to my homies) and sometimes when I go on this site, a warning pops up on my computer about there might be dangerous vira on this site or something like that. It only pops up sometimes which I find very odd and I would like to say that I have never had any troubles about any virus coming from this site, so it's weird that the message would pop up.

Is it the site or is it my computer or internet that is being weird? Have you had any issues like this before?

Top Bottom