• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
what do you do when you feel distant from someone you care for and they don't feel the same way?

what do you do when the person you care for doesn't seem to support you in your career/school decisions and every time you try to talk about it, get in an argument?

how do you solve issues with your parents when talking about it makes things worse and it's becoming hell to live with them?

how come they don't teach you that growing up is normal and give you advice on how to do it easily when you're in school?

Dark Drakan

Admin
what do you do when you feel distant from someone you care for and they don't feel the same way?

what do you do when the person you care for doesn't seem to support you in your career/school decisions and every time you try to talk about it, get in an argument?

how do you solve issues with your parents when talking about it makes things worse and it's becoming hell to live with them?

how come they don't teach you that growing up is normal and give you advice on how to do it easily when you're in school?

Make the most of the relationship you do have with them and keep showing them you care but dont make an idiot of yourself pushing for something that isnt there.

If they arent going to listen id stop asking their opinion and live for myself rather than running something by everyone else and seeking their approval.

Again if they are going to criticise every move you make id stop bothering to tell them until they asked.

Learning such things cannot be taught it comes from experience and learning from mistakes.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Make the most of the relationship you do have with them and keep showing them you care but dont make an idiot of yourself pushing for something that isnt there.

If they arent going to listen id stop asking their opinion and live for myself rather than running something by everyone else and seeking their approval.

Again if they are going to criticise every move you make id stop bothering to tell them until they asked.

what about when they say it's there though...and it is there and it just feels like you're going through a tough spot?

that makes a lot of sense, i just wanted some support is all. I see my friends getting support from their girlfriends about what they want to do, and a part of me kinda envies that...especially when she says she does and somewhat acts another way.

they yell at me when i don't tell them...keep saying that i'm disrespecting them every time i don't want to do what they want me to (like visiting my girlfriend, changing my career goals, wanting to take a vacation with my girlfriend etc.). They just don't treat me like an adult. I don't know what to do about that. And I don't know how to show that i'm an adult. and i'm considering moving out, but I'm not sure how that's financially or temporally plausible. i'm scared and tired of this

Dark Drakan

Admin
what about when they say it's there though...and it is there and it just feels like you're going through a tough spot?

that makes a lot of sense, i just wanted some support is all. I see my friends getting support from their girlfriends about what they want to do, and a part of me kinda envies that...especially when she says she does and somewhat acts another way.

they yell at me when i don't tell them...keep saying that i'm disrespecting them every time i don't want to do what they want me to (like visiting my girlfriend, changing my career goals, wanting to take a vacation with my girlfriend etc.). They just don't treat me like an adult. I don't know what to do about that. And I don't know how to show that i'm an adult. and i'm considering moving out, but I'm not sure how that's financially or temporally plausible. i'm scared and tired of this

Everyone goes through tough spots, just have to ride them out and come out of the otherside.

Everyone wants some support and some people just dont give any, your friends not support you either? Should always do whats best for you, if your not hurting anyone and are looking out for yourself then they shouldnt have any problem. Its your life, should be free to live it how you want. However dont try to grow up too fast and take things slow.

Should tell them how you feel and how you feel that they dont support you enough, so long as you make your points without getting angry and be mature about it they will respect it. Your parents are probably scared of you becoming an adult and becoming independent. Some parents often try to make their children feel like children to keep them under control. They will have no choice but to start treating you like an adult as you mature and get older.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Everyone goes through tough spots, just have to ride them out and come out of the otherside.

Everyone wants some support and some people just dont give any, your friends not support you either? Should always do whats best for you, if your not hurting anyone and are looking out for yourself then they shouldnt have any problem. Its your life, should be free to live it how you want. However dont try to grow up too fast and take things slow.

Should tell them how you feel and how you feel that they dont support you enough, so long as you make your points without getting angry and be mature about it they will respect it. Your parents are probably scared of you becoming an adult and becoming independent. Some parents often try to make their children feel like children to keep them under control. They will have no choice but to start treating you like an adult as you mature and get older.

yeah..you're right there...just have to keep looking at the positive side to get past it

luckily my friends do and a few of my extended family members. I guess I've always wanted to grow up fast. I'm eager for life. But that's because I've always been bored through life. I excel in school, graduated college with my degree at the age of 17 (I know there's something like that in the UK, but here in the US that's a pretty big thing), and I'm a pretty intelligent person. So I've always wanted more out of life, and I haven't really come across it, until recently when I realized how I'm 18 and now I do have that freedom to make the most out of it. And every step I make towards what I want is seen as "disrespecting my family".

They threaten to kick me out a lot, usually when we get into arguments. The thing is, I usually am respectful and calm when that happens. It's only usually midway through, when they start attacking me instead of talking things through or shouting for no reason, that I get defensive and angry. I'm just tired of this stress, it's been almost 4 months now. And I don't know what to do with it.

P.S. You're wise beyond your years. Thanks for talking to me

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
OMJ, this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm curiuos to know...

Dear Staff,

What's the point of the whole following thing? Like when you follow people or they follow you, is there any point to it or is it just for the sake of it?...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ I'm not staff, BUT, from what I know if you follow someone you 'sometimes' have privileges that others don't. You can set your profile to private so that only people YOU follow AND who follow you can post on your profile or see your info. You can also set it so that only people you follow can send you PM's as well. Or that's how it used to be in the old system. It's like your friends' list but instead of them being your friends they are really your minions...er, I mean followers.

I has a question!
Could you guys give us an estimated time frame on when you'll be announcing the winners of the DMC HD competition? Like, in the next week, or before a certain date? The suspense is killer.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
^ I'm not staff, BUT, from what I know if you follow someone you 'sometimes' have privileges that others don't. You can set your profile to private so that only people YOU follow AND who follow you can post on your profile or see your info. You can also set it so that only people you follow can send you PM's as well. Or that's how it used to be in the old system. It's like your friends' list but instead of them being your friends they are really your minions...er, I mean followers.

I has a question!
Could you guys give us an estimated time frame on when you'll be announcing the winners of the DMC HD competition? Like, in the next week, or before a certain date? The suspense is killer.

We're trying for even faster than that. The best would be if we managed to finish the whole voting today and post the results either today or tomorrow. However not everyone has decided yet so we'll see. We want it to end even faster than you guys so that Steve can contact Capcom about it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
yeah..you're right there...just have to keep looking at the positive side to get past it

luckily my friends do and a few of my extended family members. I guess I've always wanted to grow up fast. I'm eager for life. But that's because I've always been bored through life. I excel in school, graduated college with my degree at the age of 17 (I know there's something like that in the UK, but here in the US that's a pretty big thing), and I'm a pretty intelligent person. So I've always wanted more out of life, and I haven't really come across it, until recently when I realized how I'm 18 and now I do have that freedom to make the most out of it. And every step I make towards what I want is seen as "disrespecting my family".

They threaten to kick me out a lot, usually when we get into arguments. The thing is, I usually am respectful and calm when that happens. It's only usually midway through, when they start attacking me instead of talking things through or shouting for no reason, that I get defensive and angry. I'm just tired of this stress, it's been almost 4 months now. And I don't know what to do with it.

P.S. You're wise beyond your years. Thanks for talking to me

Steve left school at around 13 and he did ok out of it, over here you leave school at 16 anyway and after that you can choose to go to college and then University. We arent really pushed into higher education as its always a choice. I think in a round about way they just want you to get as much education as you can so your job prospects are better. They are just going about it in the wrong way and trying to bully and intimidate you into it rather than being rational and asking what you want.

Dont ever be in such a rush to grow up as its not everything its cracked up to be. :lol:

If you ever need to chat again send me a message.

OMJ, this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm curiuos to know...

Dear Staff,

What's the point of the whole following thing? Like when you follow people or they follow you, is there any point to it or is it just for the sake of it?...

You get their profile updates, latest posts and activity in your own feed in your profile so its easier to see what people have been up to if you follow them.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
We're trying for even faster than that. The best would be if we managed to finish the whole voting today and post the results either today or tomorrow. However not everyone has decided yet so we'll see. We want it to end even faster than you guys so that Steve can contact Capcom about it.
This is why this forum rocks. :D

Top Bottom