• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey Staff. Don't think of it rude of me to ask, but I think there should be a new Thread or something that can indicate what's been changed here. For instance, explaining all the new features and everything else. Just to help people get use to it, since I think some are still finding it difficult and confusing. And we wouldn't want people to come on less from not getting the hang of it now, would we?

Also the new features bring up new questions, and also get rid of old ones (If Rep no longer applies) So I also think that the 'Frequently Asked Questions' Thread is in need of an update also.

Sorry if I'm sounding bossy or something, I'm just suggesting to try and keep things running smoothly with everyone.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Is the 1 sig policy going to continue (or writing OR image for sig)? It would keep the forum looking neater if there weren't massive sigs or several sigs showing up taking up whole pages... =/

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey Staff. Don't think of it rude of me to ask, but I think there should be a new Thread or something that can indicate what's been changed here. For instance, explaining all the new features and everything else. Just to help people get use to it, since I think some are still finding it difficult and confusing. And we wouldn't want people to come on less from not getting the hang of it now, would we?

Also the new features bring up new questions, and also get rid of old ones (If Rep no longer applies) So I also think that the 'Frequently Asked Questions' Thread is in need of an update also.

Sorry if I'm sounding bossy or something, I'm just suggesting to try and keep things running smoothly with everyone.

There are some changes but most can be figured out by using them and Xenforo is pretty user friendly and most people learn about new things within minutes. We have said numerous times if anyone has any issues or questions to ask us but if we point out every change then 85% of them people have learnt to use already.

Dear staff, when are we going to have our ranks back?

Ranks will be worked on when Steve gets around to it.

Is the 1 sig policy going to continue (or writing OR image for sig)? It would keep the forum looking neater if there weren't massive sigs or several sigs showing up taking up whole pages... =/

We expect people to be thoughtful with sigs for now while the spoiler tags are down and things are tweaked.

Osaka

trollololol
Does clicking on the comment button and replying that way alert the person the same way as just putting a message on their profile?
No custom profile yet? Also, how do you change the user title? :confused:

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
dear staff, i accidentally posted the japan thread in the bloody palace. would someone mind moving it out for me?

it seems rather dumb that the only ongoing discussion should be in the forum games section. :lol:

Meg

So many forum problem related questions!

Here's a nice happy question for you! :D Who's someone in your life that is really special and you couldn't do without? BESIDES Cheez. That goes without saying. ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Does clicking on the comment button and replying that way alert the person the same way as just putting a message on their profile?

Yes I believe that it does. Also to my knowledge so far, you can't change your user title >_<

Dark Drakan

Admin

Yeah it does, they get a notification on their profile about it.

dear staff, i accidentally posted the japan thread in the bloody palace. would someone mind moving it out for me?

it seems rather dumb that the only ongoing discussion should be in the forum games section. :lol:

Sure i will do it for you now.

Yes I believe that it does. Also to my knowledge so far, you can't change your user title >_<

Try it now.

No changing of UT. No CP either. hrmm :<
And why is the total for trophies 113? An odd number... :confused:

edit: Damn! Didn't want my 1000 post to be sad sounding. =/

No CP?

Number of trophies is probably as Steve hasnt added any more. We can add new levels and trophies for all sorts of things so keep an eye out for new ones in future.

So many forum problem related questions!

Here's a nice happy question for you! :D Who's someone in your life that is really special and you couldn't do without? BESIDES Cheez. That goes without saying. ;)

My Xbox...

Oh im getting you meant person... my girlfriend of course. :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey, what format does an animated avatar have to be in to work? Because mine is a GIF and it works fine on the upload panel for it, but it won't work in the forums.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey, what format does an animated avatar have to be in to work? Because mine is a GIF and it works fine on the upload panel for it, but it won't work in the forums.

If i remember correctly we had an issue getting them to run properly elsewhere and its on the 'to fix' list.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
can we fix the editing? right now the time limit is set to zero minutes and it's a bit of a pain not being able to, since i'm a recursive poster.

Top Bottom