• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;291128 said:
Whats done is done, the action was taken and if you can tow the line like a rule abiding member then the infractions may be removed in future. Remember that you have 2 out of 3 though. Things have been explained and surely you can see why action was taken.

Surely that didn't explain anything that was said in my post. I don't really care about the infractions, I know what's done is done. But still, me and the actually concerning user did solve our conflict, with a good discussion. With others telling "wtf are you doing?" and other stuff created the big discussion, and caused the most havoc. While I made it even and nicely with Asmodaius everyone else on the other hand just couldn't let it go. Asmodaius himself told that his post was negative, although I shouldn't have reacted so harshly.

On another note. Why can't thread maker's lock their own threads?

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;291135 said:
On another note. Why can't thread maker's lock their own threads?

Because its only a feature that staff have access too, if a thread creator feels a thread has run its course or served its purpose they can request a thread closure. Better to leave it to staff to decide for the most part though as when you allow a community to govern itself with certain actions all kinds of stuff could go wrong.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;291139 said:
Because its only a feature that staff have access too, if a thread creator feels a thread has run its course or served its purpose they can request a thread closure. Better to leave it to staff to decide for the most part though as when you allow a community to govern itself with certain actions all kinds of stuff could go wrong.

Such as?

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;291144 said:

Closing their threads in spite because someone they dont get on with entered it, closing it because they merely disagreed with someones post, making threads to get post count and then closing it after 1 post. Things like that basically.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;291269 said:
Closing their threads in spite because someone they dont get on with entered it, closing it because they merely disagreed with someones post, making threads to get post count and then closing it after 1 post. Things like that basically.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dark Drakan;291116 said:
You mean user images or the text based usertitles under username?

Yeah. Pretty much. Nothing fancy. Or special name coloring or something.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DMC;291701 said:
what does it take to be a staff member?

The need of new Staff, and a good enough background to be likely chosen.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
DMC;291701 said:

ten kilos of cocaine, a yaht, 300 pounds of deer meat, a funnel, a rubber band, and the entire original cast for Wicked on broadway.

think that's hard? wait til you hear what you have to do with 'em. ;)

dear staff, i've got the coke, the boat, almost the meat, and the wicked cast... but how the hell am i supposed to get a funnel or a rubber band?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Meg;291661 said:
Could someone please post a poll on this thread?
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?p=291660#post291660

The list is in the first post. Thank you!

Kyle has done it already.

DMC;291701 said:

In addition to Cheez's comment you must find the golden fleece and the head of a Griffin.

cheezMcNASTY;291719 said:
dear staff, i've got the coke, the boat, almost the meat, and the wicked cast... but how the hell am i supposed to get a funnel or a rubber band?

Use your imagination.

DMC

Devil May Cry
Dark Drakan;291802 said:
We cant tell you that, to prove your worth you have to acquire it yourself.

what the heck griffins are not real
are u telling me its nearly impossible to be a staff member?!:(

Dark Drakan

Admin
DMC;291803 said:
what the heck griffins are not real
are u telling me its nearly impossible to be a staff member?!:(

Well a handful of people have managed it so technically not impossible, they just showed us they have what it takes.

Dark Drakan

Admin
DMC;291807 said:
so really what does it really take?

Maturity, awareness, eagerness, patience, knowledge and common sense along with a willingness to help and be willing to do a thankless job.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
DMC;291807 said:
so really what does it really take?

Well, if you really can't accomplish the feats we've listed above, then the only other way of becoming one of us is through the ancient rites of gladiatorial combat, each battle is a fight to the death and should you please us, you may join our ranks.

The first battle is against a Griffin. Technically that'd count as obtaining the Griffin's head...Then you can either carry on or find a golden fleece, and believe me, that bitch is hard to find.

Dark Drakan;291810 said:
Maturity, awareness, eagerness, patience, knowledge and common sense along with a willingness to help and be willing to do a thankless job.

Or...Y'know, this.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I found the fleece but i lost the fricken head....can't get a break for nothing...

in the pursuit of other happinesses, however, why can't i use telekinesis?

Top Bottom