• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are you done hoping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
don't talk about onimusha... the tears will come :(

i mean roots for RE as in horror.. while i guess the original game was more B-Movie schlock horror at best all people ever say is RE used to be about the horror not action and Capcom are putting their money on it. You are right though its had more consistent updates over time with new games while Dante has only had cameos in other franchises.. Theres no reason with positive fan reception and high scoring reviews they won't cross 2 mil in sales.. it's going to lead to a bit on pandering for however the new game looks aiming squarely at the fans
As somebody who was with RE from RE1 through it whole existence, RE7 shows nothing in common with RE games whatsoever. But like I said its off topic… As for DMC at curent point they can't bring new game without alienating portion of fans. Its either people will hate on lack of original or DmC direction which will led to sales drop.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Chancey289: Dude, this was never the topic to hope for a DmC 2. I might've mentioned DmC along with some others, but we were only speaking about sales and how DmC's shouldn't of had an impact on Capcom not wanting to make another Devil May Cry game. This isn't an argument about DmC getting a sequel (as nice as that might be) that discussion only brings up arguing from those that dislike the game. As we know from past experiences that this is the case, what's the point in poking the beehive with a stick? If you'll pardon the analogy.

This is the place to discuss if you've lost hope in them making a DMC 5. You're better off discussing hopes for a DmC 2 in the DmC section rather than here.
I thought we were just talking about Devil May Cry? With hope for the series to continue in general.

I don't remember when DmC stopped being a Devil May Cry game.

As somebody who was with RE from RE1 through it whole existence, RE7 shows nothing in common with RE games whatsoever.
Really? You're honestly gonna sit there and say it really does nothing that somehow is making it look relatable to others in the series?

You've obviously never played Resident Evil then.

Putting aside the fact RE was always originally going to be a first person game, and has dabbled in first person before, RE 7 will have you playing a guy exploring a decrepit MANSION while fighting what I'm guessing with be zombies, and other MUTATED CREATURES with various weapons and firearms.
resident_evil_7_esrb.jpg

RE7 sure sounds a lot like the very first Resident Evil now doesn't it?

If this game was unveiled as something else, you'd be all over it because I've seen you praise the hell outta stuff like P.T. and Outlast. Besides, all the footage you've seen so far, is not showcasing the main campaign. The found footage turned game demo is actually only basically side quest. You're playing as a guy called Ethan as he searches for his missing wife. Those characters featured in the demo and other gameplay footage were not Ethan.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought we were just talking about Devil May Cry? With hope for the series to continue in general.

I don't remember when DmC stopped being a Devil May Cry game.

...What?

Are you serious? You're really using that as your defense? I'm pretty sure I've never said anything along the lines of DmC not being a Devil May Cry game. I thought you were aware that I actually like DmC.

But I was under the impression that this thread is about hoping for the continuation of the original DMC series. Y'know, DMC 5.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
...What?

Are you serious? You're really using that as your defense? I'm pretty sure I've never said anything along the lines of DmC not being a Devil May Cry game. I thought you were aware that I actually like DmC.

But I was under the impression that this thread is about hoping for the continuation of the original DMC series. Y'know, DMC 5.
I'm confused, the thread was just mentioning DMC. The latest game doesn't fall under that umbrella? The latest Devil May Cry is still under the DMC thing for me.

And I was talking about both incarnations anyway in my original post.

Viper

Premium
I'm confused, the thread was just mentioning DMC. The latest game doesn't fall under that umbrella? The latest Devil May Cry is still under the DMC thing for me.

And I was talking about both incarnations anyway in my original post.

The first post says very clearly it is about DMC5, in other words sequel to first story, not DmC.
It may officially fall under DMC umbrella, but not everyone is obliged to take it into account at all times.

After yet another disappointment (in my eyes, easily foreseeable) for DMC not showing up at this year's E3, I see fans claiming they give up believing in a new title being made and whatnot. Sure, it could be the usual beat to the morale talking, but it led me to think if anyone here's ACTUALLY done hoping for DMC5.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ok, I thought we were just talking about the series in general, which would make more sense because aren't we all just now hoping the series isn't just dead in the water?

I'm not like those stubborn fans who want to pretend that DmC is something else. When we talk DMC, I assume we're talking about the series as a whole. Devil May Cry applies to all five games.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Here's the thing about RE7. I've just played REHD, 0, 6, 5, and 4, in that order. The roots of RE are in Mikami's common use of motifs. Him and a very specific group of people, who aren't at Capcom anymore, made the first and the most iconic games in that series, their use of certain themes is clear when you compare RE4 and 5: Yeah, the basics off a list are there but the personality is clearly different. Yeah, you have guns, you have items and you have puzzles but look at the narratives, RE5 is an action movie with a stern and serious tone, RE4 is a B movie, so was RE1 and 2, cheesy and filled with impossibilities and impracticalities, rusty keys, lion emblems, dudes in dumb wardrobe, needlessly complicated and old fashion security systems. None of that is in RE5, it's too grounded by contrast, too attached to what would be realistic to be like the original games and that's because the people who made 5 are just interpreting what the games are meant to be and an interpretation is still only an interpretation, not progression.

RE7 isn't going back to the roots of the series, it's not, it's simply interpretation of what the people making it think as those said roots. There is no going back, the people who made the most iconic RE games are gone and so is that formula that made it what it was.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Here's the thing about RE7. I've just played REHD, 0, 6, 5, and 4, in that order. The roots of RE are in Mikami's common use of motifs. Him and a very specific group of people, who aren't at Capcom anymore, made the first and the most iconic games in that series, their use of certain themes is clear when you compare RE4 and 5: Yeah, the basics off a list are there but the personality is clearly different. Yeah, you have guns, you have items and you have puzzles but look at the narratives, RE5 is an action movie with a stern and serious tone, RE4 is a B movie, so was RE1 and 2, cheesy and filled with impossibilities and impracticalities, rusty keys, lion emblems, dudes in dumb wardrobe, needlessly complicated and old fashion security systems. None of that is in RE5, it's too grounded by contrast, too attached to what would be realistic to be like the original games and that's because the people who made 5 are just interpreting what the games are meant to be and an interpretation is still only an interpretation, not progression.

RE7 isn't going back to the roots of the series, it's not, it's simply interpretation of what the people making it think as those said roots. There is no going back, the people who made the most iconic RE games are gone and so is that formula that made it what it was.
Oh no, Shinji "Subtly Absolutely Escapes Me" Mikami is gone. A "master" of survival horror who let's be honest, was never that good at the horror part. Hell, The Evil Within pretty much proved that to everyone being one of the worst horror games in recent memory.

Ugh, screw The Evil Within. Such a piece of crap excuse for a horror game. You don't know good horror if you think that was good.

And here's the thing, how you define RE here, is how YOU define it so stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Over Resident Evil's like 20 (?) year legacy, it has dabbled in experimentation quite often. Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely adore RE 4 as it's one of my personal favorite games of all time, and even still love stuff like Code Veronica and etc. But we've had this stuff for years.

You want the same old crap? Go back and play the originals which still exist or the slew of remakes the series is now getting. I'd rather a HORROR franchise, actually try to be a very HORROR centric game for once. It's about time for something fresh right? Considering also the series has lost its way quite a bit this past decade.

Is something like RE 7 really going to hurt a franchise that ultimately has been dishing out utter garbage for years? Who knows, maybe this new thing will be something it needs. It's being done by the dudes behind stuff like Spec Ops The Line which actually delivered surprisingly a great story.

Overall, come up with your own thoughts for once instead of just parroting what you think fans should be saying. We hardly know anything about this game still, and you're all already condemning it. That says a lot right there.

If this were called something else, you'd probably be all over it but it's Resident Evil so you think you have to moan and complain about what you think Resident Evil should be, when really it is exactly what you THINK RE should be and not what it's actually become or is overall.

I've been playing the series since the beginning too, and you don't see me coming up with the crap you're all coming up with. Let's wait to play it first before we criticize. You still got your RE 2 remake coming anyway so why should you really care? You stubborn fanboys are just as much to blame for series going to crap as the developers are. You don't know what you want, you think you do, but you really don't.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Chancey289
Yo. I've been reading your posts for 2 years now but with this you reached a whole new level of low. If it wasn't so cringy, it would be hilarious.

And why on earth is Resident Evil being talked about here? This thread was made to discuss our hopes for DMC5.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea, I'm a degenerate human being that reached a whole new low by criticizing and talking smack about video games. Geez, the way you worded that you make it sound like I'm somehow being racist or supporting ISIS or something.

You guys always roll with everyone like Berto, or even you Fox for having the say on video games and that we should roll with it, but as soon as people like me calls you out on it, we're always the wrong ones.

Hell, just recently you jumped down Wolf's throat about talking crap about DMC 3 Dante in a thread basically lambasting him for his opinion. You basically told him, "your opinion sucks so shut up". (and I'm still salty about how that situation was handled because it's happened often and I don't think it's fair)

And berto just made a whole post about RE 7 so I assume it's safe to respond to that right even if it's not technically on topic? Or will he just get away with it because he's a mod? Or somehow step in a ban someone like me just because we say stuff he doesn't like to hear.

The dude's speaking for all RE fans and basically saying what he thinks makes Resident Evil. I'm a RE fan and he's not speaking for me, or the rest of us who are just willing to give the new one a chance.

Oh yea, but I forgot, we can't reproach certain opinions according to some of you.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yea, I'm a degenerate human being that reached a whole new low by criticizing and talking smack about video games.

No not videogames. People. You just went ahead pretending to know for sure what berto thinks and told him his opinion isn't even his.

Hell, just recently you jumped down Wolf's throat about talking crap about DMC 3 Dante in a thread basically lambasting him for his opinion.

No, I lambasted him because he's been poisoning threads over threads with his out of nowhere rants that in most cases didn't even have anything to do with what was being discussed in the first place, constantly spouting his repetitive points over and over again. Just like you do with Batman, for example.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: I don't think that the point here is how you're always the ones in the wrong. I actually agree that RE shouldn't even be discussed here, and I'm not going to hold you singly responsible for that. But I've told you before, it's NOT your points, it's the WAY you put them across. You usually do it with a lot of animosity, that it's actually hard to read your posts without thinking "Here's the guy who insults people, complains about 'fans' and why people are stupid if they don't know such and such".

You can't honestly complain that we're jumping on you all the time and not others. We deal with who is reported and who we keep seeing getting themselves into the arguments and whatnot. How can we be picking sides if your name comes up mostly every time? We're not singling members out.

I've just got to say at this point that I am disappointed that I feel the need to do this, but after all of this then I personally don't feel like keeping you out of the thread will do much to resolve the issues here. Therefore I'm going to close the thread and the staff will review what's happened.

If you can't play nice, you can't have nice things. Sorry guys.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Oh no, Shinji "Subtly Absolutely Escapes Me" Mikami is gone. A "master" of survival horror who let's be honest, was never that good at the horror part. Hell, The Evil Within pretty much proved that to everyone being one of the worst horror games in recent memory.

Ugh, screw The Evil Within. Such a piece of crap excuse for a horror game. You don't know good horror if you think that was good.

And here's the thing, how you define RE here, is how YOU define it so stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Over Resident Evil's like 20 (?) year legacy, it has dabbled in experimentation quite often. Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely adore RE 4 as it's one of my personal favorite games of all time, and even still love stuff like Code Veronica and etc. But we've had this stuff for years.

You want the same old crap? Go back and play the originals which still exist or the slew of remakes the series is now getting. I'd rather a HORROR franchise, actually try to be a very HORROR centric game for once. It's about time for something fresh right? Considering also the series has lost its way quite a bit this past decade.

Is something like RE 7 really going to hurt a franchise that ultimately has been dishing out utter garbage for years? Who knows, maybe this new thing will be something it needs. It's being done by the dudes behind stuff like Spec Ops The Line which actually delivered surprisingly a great story.

Overall, come up with your own thoughts for once instead of just parroting what you think fans should be saying. We hardly know anything about this game still, and you're all already condemning it. That says a lot right there.

If this were called something else, you'd probably be all over it but it's Resident Evil so you think you have to moan and complain about what you think Resident Evil should be, when really it is exactly what you THINK RE should be and not what it's actually become or is overall.

I've been playing the series since the beginning too, and you don't see me coming up with the crap you're all coming up with. Let's wait to play it first before we criticize. You still got your RE 2 remake coming anyway so why should you really care? You stubborn fanboys are just as much to blame for series going to crap as the developers are. You don't know what you want, you think you do, but you really don't.

Opinion is one thing, being a condescending, narrow minded bigot is another thing entirely and that attitude isnt welcome here and wont be tolerated on any public forum. Time and time again you have been warned for your conduct & attitude and temp banned multiple times and still you have continued to belittle others opinions.

Your opinion doesn't carry any more weight than anyone else's and you (like anyone else) have no right to tell someone what they can and cant like or what they do and do not want from something. Maybe you have felt others doing the same but everyone is judged on the same actions & we have lost track of the amount of reports we have had about you (over triple any other member). Action has been taken in all cases we have came across of any members doing this as its simply not acceptable conduct on a forum to speak to others in this manner.

We dont condone that attitude and wont have members or our staff spoken to in that manner by anyone so removal from these forums has been coming for some time it seems. No-one can say we didnt warn you, as we have mentioned your conduct to you time and time again and even temp banned you multiple times. Having an opinion is fine, debate is fine but the manner in which you have tried to make points has been really insulting in most cases.

As LoD said, it's often nothing to do with the point someone is trying to make but how they attempt to make that point which gets them into trouble. If you feel the need to insult someone else's opinion, taste or preferences in order to validate your point then maybe you aren't as "impartial" as you think. Not every disagreement is a battle to be won one way or another, people can agree to disagree and move on rather than trying to hammer their own personal opinion down someone's throat that others simply don't (and won't) agree with.

Constructive criticism is fine, encouraged in fact but I don't see the point in members repeatedly going into threads to say "This sucks, everyone who likes it is an idiot". The thread was created for people to talk about a topic, not be insulted for enjoying it. Members want the freedom to talk about their likes and dislikes without being insulted for their opinion or told that they cant like something because someone else doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom