• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are you done hoping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth Love Hannibal. Discovered it only recently and I´m totally obssessed with it. I´m currently on my third rewatch; I always discover something new I didn´t catch each and every time. Beautiful.
Yep love it too. Probably one of the best TV in the long time. Also love Mads Mikkelsen.
17d4d7c95ffe8fde2140bb1a402ab4f4.jpg

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
After yet another disappointment (in my eyes, easily foreseeable) for DMC not showing up at this year's E3, I see fans claiming they give up believing in a new title being made and whatnot. Sure, it could be the usual beat to the morale talking, but it led me to think if anyone here's ACTUALLY done hoping for DMC5.
Capcom's Main Pipeline and Itsuno's tweet, until these two can be explained away I'm not losing hope. In fact, until I see any proof in the other direction I'm sure DMC5 is in some kind of development.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Am I done hoping. No.

I'm done assuming that it's going to show up every event that comes out way but I'm not done hoping for a game. What I've learned is to let things come as they come and not to get overexcited for every little clue that come our way.

outoftheblue

Yep love it too. Probably one of the best TV in the long time. Also love Mads Mikkelsen.
17d4d7c95ffe8fde2140bb1a402ab4f4.jpg
Mads is awesome, I love him too. Such a fine actor. There is no other Hannibal Lecter for me now.
I truly believe there is going to be a DMC5, probably it´s not that far away,so for those who have lost hope...keep calm, Capcom might not have been the brightest bulb in the box lately, but they aren´t going to let one of their most profitable franchises die. It´s not going to happen.
What might happen, and that is my personal fear, is that by waiting too long they will lose the momentum from the DMC4 SE and a chunk of fans with it. Especially if the content of the next installment doesn´t deliver....

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wouldn't know, but I can tell you for sure that wasn't an inspiration for the title. LOL

I'm not a big anime guy at all.
Well, it certainly sounds like a line from one. Giant guy, big foot on good guy's head, looking smug: Mwahahahaha
:devil::laugh::laugh:, so tell, have you finally surrendered hope!?

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Yes for now , i find it when we die for info we end up being trolled , but when we give up good surprises come out

Sesha

It was once explained by @Sesha (correct me if it wasn't you) that Pachinko machines don't figure in that pipeline because they're considered a separate thing from videogames.

Might have been me.

It isn't. Pachinko products are tabulated differently, under Amusement Equipments, while games (Which that pipeline is referencing) is under Digital Contents.

This is a good answer, because it takes into account how that image is quoted out of context. That section from the 2015 integrated report, which that image is from, talks about their digital software and console business, while arcade machines and pachislot are adressed in a separate section.

As an aside, I would suggest anyone curious about what to expect from Capcom take a closer look at the integrated report. It hinted at several things such as RE going VR and the new RE engine, which was not discussed in any great detail anywhere as far as I know. It's not something written on whim. It actively details their strategies for the next few years. That pipeline image is a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom