• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are you done hoping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Give up hope? Not yet.

Tired of disappointment from several rumors coming up short?
giphy.gif

That being said

909058d9f0ba7dc6c70ed8378c1aa2c1.jpg

I've heard too many things to suggest absolutely nothing is happening with the series, be it DMC5, DmC2, or another remake or reboot (I'd take either at this point)
But who knows when it'll even come about, but I plan to be here if/when it does.

In the meantime, can DMC1-3 become available for download on PS4? Sony, Capcom
nudge-nudge-o.gif

Frazz

General gamer
There's a video on the DMC Reddit (can't link it now as I'm on holiday) of Jonny implying that Capcom are only now approaching the actors about being in the game. It's a video from Comic Con. I'm frankly somewhat disappointed that they have only started to talk to the actors now as opposed to six months ago but at least we can assume a DMC5 is being made even if it isn't particularly far through development!

Veloran

There's a video on the DMC Reddit (can't link it now as I'm on holiday) of Jonny implying that Capcom are only now approaching the actors about being in the game. It's a video from Comic Con. I'm frankly somewhat disappointed that they have only started to talk to the actors now as opposed to six months ago but at least we can assume a DMC5 is being made even if it isn't particularly far through development!
VAs and mocap actors are generally some of the last people brought on to a project.

Anyway, in regards to Itsuno, I think we should narrow down the "project" that he's been working on since the start of the year. It's not Monster Hunter, RE7, or DR4, they were all announced but his game is still secret. It's not that weird Bond Parma romance game they're doing, he said that directly. And it's not Rival Schools 3, he said he wants to make it but from that we can see that it's not in development.

So what exactly does that leave him with? A new DMC, a new Dragon's Dogma, or maybe Deep Down, but that was already announced so there'd be little need for secrecy. Anything else would be completely out of left field.

Given the relatively more recent release of Dragon's Dogma (And Dark Arisen) I think DMC is far and away the most likely candidate.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Still nothing about a new DMC?

Haven't heard a thing. It feels like DMC4: Special Edition was Capcom's way of keeping the community satisfied for a bit while they're out not wanting to make a new DMC game.

I really want to know what's the deal with Capcom and not wanting to make a new game. How well does DMC generally sell?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Those seem like pretty solid sales. Then again, Capcom was disappointed with Resident Evil's 5 million copies shipped so who knows what they think about DMC being profitable or not.

Yeah they do.

Even DmC sold well, so it's not like that was something to dishearten them about making another game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Honestly, because DmC actually did make good enough bank in its lifetime, it's why Capcom is kinda confused on what to do at this point.

The very vocal, and still ongoing hatred for the latest game by a bunch of stubborn fans are telling them one thing, but the numbers are telling them something else. I really don't think they would be at a lost if they gave DmC another shot before going forward with another traditional game.

The only ones who would be mad are the narrow minded hateful fanboys that hate the fact that DmC exist in the first place and want nothing to do with it, and they can cry us a river for all we care.

A cool thing about liking both incarnations (and each one DOES give LONGTIME fans like myself reasons to enjoy both fanboys, shocking I know) is that we'll be cool with either one continuing. As long as it continues.

I kinda wish they'd approach this like they do with MegaMan and his many different incarnations. MegaMan has the original series, X, Battle Network etc. Why can't they do the same for Devil May Cry since they already have the foundation here? It would just mean more Devil May Cry.

While I'd like to seem some resolutions in characters like Nero, and better exploration of the world, I'd also like to see Dante on his way to becoming a seasoned, prestigious demon hunter and face off against a Demon King Vergil. Seriously, they had some badass stuff ready to explore at the end of DmC with a lot of unanswered questions that's just begging for a sequel. I wanna see more of that world and these versions of the characters too.

Plus Limbo. Just let me explore Limbo more. Even if DCM 5 were to come out, they'd have to really work on that level design because those samey looking Gothic castles will just practically be a step backwards after Limbo raised the bar in level design.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: Dude, this was never the topic to hope for a DmC 2. I might've mentioned DmC along with some others, but we were only speaking about sales and how DmC's shouldn't of had an impact on Capcom not wanting to make another Devil May Cry game. This isn't an argument about DmC getting a sequel (as nice as that might be) that discussion only brings up arguing from those that dislike the game. As we know from past experiences that this is the case, what's the point in poking the beehive with a stick? If you'll pardon the analogy.

This is the place to discuss if you've lost hope in them making a DMC 5. You're better off discussing hopes for a DmC 2 in the DmC section rather than here.

David Ryatta

While the DmC iteration is forever likely to be left in the dust now.. must like 2008s Prince of Persia it will always be something I wish could have continued..

I'm not done hoping for a new DMC game, I think well likely hear something in a year.. there's seems to be a thing in the industry right now with games getting announced not long before release.. and I think Capcom would rather push Resident Evil at the moment. Something will be in development and i'd put my bets on a original Dante focused story

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Seems like this topic gonna get bumped up for every major conference. People should remember that capcom's income is very shaky and they reporting loses for couple of years in a row. Considering split in fan base most likely they don't want to risk lower sales and if they not going to man up in nearest future, most likely series gonna be put on life support indefinitely.

David Ryatta

Seems like this topic gonna get bumped up for every major conference. People should remember that capcom's income is very shaky and they reporting loses for couple of years in a row. Considering split in fan base most likely they don't want to risk lower sales and if they not going to man up in nearest future, most likely series gonna be put on life support indefinitely.

I'm not so sure.. I think they, like in the case of RE7, will be smart about it.. return to the franchises roots, budget less with the games expected to sell most. DMC can probably be expected to be easily a million plus seller.. all they had to do is budget accordingly as its still one of the biggest names the company has.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm not so sure.. I think they, like in the case of RE7, will be smart about it.. return to the franchises roots, budget less with the games expected to sell most. DMC can probably be expected to be easily a million plus seller.. all they had to do is budget accordingly as its still one of the biggest names the company has.
RE7 isn't return to the roots. Its not even written by capcom's internal teems. Aside from it, RE franchise got steady boosts in entries like Revealtions 2 etc. DMC remained on hold for last 3 years. Sellin million isn't really win for them . Bayonetta sold 1.8 million and still failed at sales. As such DMC is most likely on verge to join Megaman, Onimusha and other MiA franchises.

David Ryatta

RE7 isn't return to the roots. Its not even written by capcom's internal teems. Aside from it, RE franchise got steady boosts in entries like Revealtions 2 etc. DMC remained on hold for last 3 years. Sellin million isn't really win for them . Bayonetta sold 1.8 million and still failed at sales. As such DMC is most likely on verge to join Megaman, Onimusha and other MiA franchises.

don't talk about onimusha... the tears will come :(

i mean roots for RE as in horror.. while i guess the original game was more B-Movie schlock horror at best all people ever say is RE used to be about the horror not action and Capcom are putting their money on it. You are right though its had more consistent updates over time with new games while Dante has only had cameos in other franchises.. Theres no reason with positive fan reception and high scoring reviews they won't cross 2 mil in sales.. it's going to lead to a bit on pandering for however the new game looks aiming squarely at the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom