• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are you done hoping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
After yet another disappointment (in my eyes, easily foreseeable) for DMC not showing up at this year's E3, I see fans claiming they give up believing in a new title being made and whatnot. Sure, it could be the usual beat to the morale talking, but it led me to think if anyone here's ACTUALLY done hoping for DMC5.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Nope, "Bide your time, and hold out hope."

Besides this isn't the longest I've had to wait for a game anyway.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Maybe I should give those ripoff game devs a call.

----

In any case, not only is DMC MIA, but GoW is also changing its own gameplay.

Now there's -- well, I can't think of any AAA mainstream games that have DMC mechanics (maybe Scalebound but... even then it's not "completely" DMC).

----

Not only is DMC gone, but the entire genre has pretty much up and left as well (for the most part).

Yeah. I'm done.

outoftheblue

I have been busy as hell, but I had to comment on this one.
I´m not afraid of there not being a DMC5 someday, what I fear is that I might not care if there is one when it comes. I won´t even complain about the long time we´ll have to wait, it´s just that it hurts less and less with each hype destruction. I´m afraid I will be over the franchise when the time comes and THAT makes me so sad.

@Innsmouth Love Hannibal. Discovered it only recently and I´m totally obssessed with it. I´m currently on my third rewatch; I always discover something new I didn´t catch each and every time. Beautiful.

outoftheblue

@Foxtrot94 The purple image of Sheeva, it´s from the Hannibal tv show. I was so overjoyed to see it I might have deduced it´s being used because of the tv series, but now that I think about it, it could be because it looks nice...
Anyway, I cant´recommend this series enough.
Sorry for going off topic.

Frazz

General gamer
I can't say I've given up hope yet but if we don't hear anything by TGS 2017 then I'll probably lose hope at that point. Considering that Capcom have been increasing DMC4 merchandise 8 years after its release them I assume that they intend to continue the franchise. Itsuno is definitely working on something and I would hope that it is DMC5. So long as we don't get any more 'no plans for the series' comments then I'd assume the next game is in development even if they are only at the conceptual stage at the minute. As for it showing up at TGS 2016? Maybe. It depends how they want to go about it - if they want to do the RE7/ DR4 approach and announce it a mere 6 months before release then we'll be waiting a while but they could (if Capcom could be bothered) display the logo/title at TGS. It depends on how much Itsuno will have got done in 7 months. I can only hope that we hear about it soon! But yes, if it isn't announced by the end of next year then I will have lost most or all of my hope... 2018 marks 10 years since the previous entry in the series after all.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Pssssh. I had to wait 8 years between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. I can wait a bit longer.
And three years after Prime 3 we got the abomination called "Other M". Then six years later we got the disappointment that is "Federation Force." In other words, 9 years since a good Metroid game.

Life can be unfair sometimes. :'(

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I pretty much done waiting....
Thinking about it, it really depends on how DMC makes it's return to get me interested.

That being said, I'm really kinda starved for a stylish action game, and I don't mean anything that's been out since PS3, I mean something new. It's a dying genre though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom