• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Major concern

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
The Administrators already know the risks and how important it is to keep this site, clean from spam and members Flaming one another.
So, what I am about to say goes towards all members of this forum including the Moderators.

You may of noticed for the past following months there have been numerous outbreaks of petty and rather immature arguments, and it seems to be happening while the Staff are sleeping due to being in different time zones. It has also come to our attention that certain members attitude towards others has been really disrespectful and disgusting, this is not only affecting members and Staff, but also the forums reputation. Which has a huge impact, considering that Steve (Webmaster) has put a heck of a lot effort into this community, and here is quote
Angel;140139 said:
Steve has worked unbelievably hard on this place - stuff no one else will notice or even begin to appreciate - but I see him up until 4am sometimes just working on the sites to make them rank at the top. To see all that ruined because of halfwits like those who are plaguing this place with their petty arguments.
You have no idea how much hard work really did go into creating this great website.

Now, what I am about to say is something that is far worse than petty and childish arguments, and that is BULLYING I will NOT be name and shaming people, because that isn't what this thread is all about. During these past few days I have been noticing that many members are leaving, because they are being either insulted, harassed or attacked THIS BEHAVIOUR IS UNACCEPTABLE and one of those members was Luna13 and here is a quote
Luna13;140127 said:
do to the popular demand of people's constant harassing messages... I'm leaving. I'm tired of people insulting me and thus due to popular demand i'm leaving...
We have lost yet another valuable member of the forums. This is the reason I have created this thread. If things continue as they are, we will keep losing more members over time, like we are now and this site WILL slowly, but surely lose it's reputation and there will be no more devilmaycry,org. IT APPEARS THAT MEMBERS DO NOT REALISE THAT THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER! I know about this because I was having a mature conversation with Angel, and then this is how I came to understand how serious this actually is.

Also some advice (not to all members of course, still i am not naming and shaming)

if you have a proficiency in an area and have the ability to explain why and how you have managed to get where you have within that particular field then you should do so in a manner which doesn't seek to degrade another person, because that is just sickening.

There is no difference between being a normal member and A Mod/Admin, because we are ALL EQUALS they are not higher and we are not lower than us, it's just their job to keep this forum ENJOYABLE. Just because you are 'friends' with a member of staff that does NOT mean you get special treatment.

Oh and just one more thing to add to that

One Winged Angel;140176 said:
It's stupid, I mean just because you get told off for breaking one of the rules that doesn't mean that we can't still be friends, (I guess they think just because their mates with a member of staff they'll get special treatment, how selfish) but it seems that most people will never accept that ya only doing your job as a Admin/Mod and so they take you off their friends list, which is rather immature to be honest.
Yes I have quoted myself, but I know it is a good point.

Just so you know I have worked all night on this when I should of been in bed like the rest of the UK. I said I'd help and I have^_^

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
But you know, what's also a major concern, after all these quarrels (And fight) these things lead to the user being banned, and then totally taken off the forums :( I notice there's quite a few members already banned now as we speak

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
This thread is only about what I have mentioned about, hence why I wanted to lock it right away ^_^ That has nothing to do with my goal :dry: The 'Major concern' is this site dying geez :dry: people don't read

Dark Drakan

Admin
I know exactly what you mean, theres lots of time and effort that goes into the forums we own. We put our spare time into keeping the forums going and making them a place that people enjoy visiting and can have interesting discussions on and even make new friends. However we are having the reputation ruined by inconsiderate, childish and immature members who just dont seem to appreciate anything & so far this is the forum on our network that has the most of that.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well it's not really something the admin's and moderators (Or even members) can do to discontinue of such, right? It depends on the person themselves. But it just seems as though all this info isn't being processed rather well.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Can there be like only ONE of these threads. I swear I've read like 18 threads over the same thing. I agree 100% with you guys though.

Eh...my patients are running thin with the drama here.
Gosh. Drop the almighty IP ban hammer on ppl!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;140257 said:
Can there be like only ONE of these threads. I swear I've read like 18 threads over the same thing. I agree 100% with you guys though.

Eh...my patients are running thin with the drama here.
Gosh. Drop the almighty IP ban hammer on ppl!

Just goes to show how many members agree with us and are tired of all the drama and crap we have here too. We are hoping that we dont have to resort to the IP ban hammer although i wouldnt mind doing it if it helped.

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
Well, last night I looked through my entire conversation with Angel and I also took notice of all the other complaints that people have been saying, so I came up with a mature post in little sections explaining how serious I actually am. I posted this because I do not want to see Steve's and Andy's hard work go to waste, just because childish behaviour.

The dark knight

I think they need a mod on the American side. I..volunteer. :lol: ( I seriously volunteer to be a mod. Heck..I've been here longer than Dark DRakan and Tony Redgrave. And keaton. Maybe Angel..I need to check)

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
The dark knight;140265 said:
I think they need a mod on the American side. I..volunteer. :lol: ( I seriously volunteer to be a mod. Heck..I've been here longer than Dark DRakan and Tony Redgrave. And keaton. Maybe Angel..I need to check)

Correct, but it has to be someone who is very mature and who doesn't care about that they have to tell of their best friend. It doesn't matter how long you have been here for.

I'm hoping I can help sort out this foolishness.

Esura

I would love to be a mod from the US here. I have experience with modding on numerous other forums as well.

Problem is...I have an awkward history here with the staff. I was even banned from here b4. Wouldn't mind though considering that I'm on the net..alot. But I think they'll prolly decline me.

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
omenminator;140291 said:
i already did this thread .....

No, you didn't trust me. Everything that I said came from what me and Angel were talking about and that people were leaving, hence why I spent 5 hours to fully explain it. I explained the most important problems which me and Angel talked about. This is about how Steve could possibly lose the site if things continue the way they are now.

Did you really spend 5 hours on it?

One Winged Angel;140220 said:
The Administrators already know the risks and how important it is to keep this site, clean from spam and members Flaming one another.
So, what I am about to say goes towards all members of this forum including the Moderators.

You may of noticed for the past following months there have been numerous outbreaks of petty and rather immature arguments, and it seems to be happening while the Staff are sleeping due to being in different time zones. It has also come to our attention that certain members attitude towards others has been really disrespectful and disgusting, this is not only affecting members and Staff, but also the forums reputation. Which has a huge impact, considering that Steve (Webmaster) has put a heck of a lot effort into this community, and here is quote You have no idea how much hard work really did go into creating this great website.

Now, what I am about to say is something that is far worse than petty and childish arguments, and that is BULLYING I will NOT be name and shaming people, because that isn't what this thread is all about. During these past few days I have been noticing that many members are leaving, because they are being either insulted, harassed or attacked THIS BEHAVIOUR IS UNACCEPTABLE and one of those members was Luna13 and here is a quote We have lost yet another valuable member of the forums. This is the reason I have created this thread. If things continue as they are, we will keep losing more members over time, like we are now and this site WILL slowly, but surely lose it's reputation and there will be no more devilmaycry,org. IT APPEARS THAT MEMBERS DO NOT REALISE THAT THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER! I know about this because I was having a mature conversation with Angel, and then this is how I came to understand how serious this actually is.

Also some advice (not to all members of course, still i am not naming and shaming)

if you have a proficiency in an area and have the ability to explain why and how you have managed to get where you have within that particular field then you should do so in a manner which doesn't seek to degrade another person, because that is just sickening.

There is no difference between being a normal member and A Mod/Admin, because we are ALL EQUALS they are not higher and we are not lower than us, it's just their job to keep this forum ENJOYABLE. Just because you are 'friends' with a member of staff that does NOT mean you get special treatment.

Oh and just one more thing to add to that

Yes I have quoted myself, but I know it is a good point.

Just so you know I have worked all night on this when I should of been in bed like the rest of the UK. I said I'd help and I have^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
People can wave their hands in the air volunteering all day but its down to us who we think is the best suited for the job should we appoint a new mod. It hasnt actually been formally spoken about between the staff yet.

Esura

Dark Drakan;140304 said:
People can wave their hands in the air volunteering all day but its down to us who we think is the best suited for the job should we appoint a new mod. It hasnt actually been formally spoken about between the staff yet.

You consider me....or I'll hunt your dreams like Freddy Krueger :D
Nah, I understand.

Im still waiting for my reply back from Konami of America. Im trying to be a game moderator for Metal Gear Online NA region.

Top Bottom