• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Major concern

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Yeah, I hate this drama. People are so childish with there egos, and ":lol:" posts....

I honestly think there should be IP bands at this point. everyones basically just coming back to see if anyone replied on there "Your an idiot, I already made this thread... why would you make it again you dumb ass?" posts, so they can flame them back and "Smart talk" with there sweet spell checking time. PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, BUT FLAME FOR THERE ENTERTAINMENT. THERE FOR, IP BANN. Give them a life, Bann them. :lol:

No matter what you say, they don't care. For all they know, the whole forum is on there side. Once again... ITS THERE EGO... and you cannot change that. THERE FOR, IP BANN. :p

- Just giving you my opinion.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^What is an IP ban and how is it different than a normal ban?(BA asks another noobish question)

Anyway, if anyone needs any help at all I am here for you. Just send me a PM!

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
Black Angel;140491 said:
^What is an IP ban and how is it different than a normal ban?(BA asks another noobish question)

Anyway, if anyone needs any help at all I am here for you. Just send me a PM!

An IP ban completely stops you accessing the whole site while a normal ban I think you can still come on the site but you are not able to post..etc..

And also, Angel mentioned that if the person who got an IP ban about made another account....nevermind just read this^_^

A Quote from Angel ^_^
;Yeah, we've had a few people make new accounts or use a proxy IP in order to access the site and bypass an IP ban...but we now have ways of banning them from even accessing the server the sites run on, so it's not too bad. We also have an excellent little thing that comes on VBulletin forums known as Tachy goes to Coventry which basically means you put in the User's ID number (you all have ID numbers in the order which you joined) and that person can still post, message and visit but not a single person can see them or what they are doing - it's like being on everyone's ignore list, basically, but they won't know it and eventually leave out of frustration because all their posts seem to be overlooked...works a treat, I can assure you:D

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Thanks to OWA and all those who are in favour of keeping this place afloat. With the recent member leaving thread being mentioned I am just adding that I have asked via another member if Luna would like to talk things through in order to stop any issues - there seems to be a hidden third party involved somewhere and hopefully this can be straightened out.

I've said my views on this matter many times before. Just waiting on people to take a hlod of it and apply it to their posts - if you all concerned yourselves with YOUR conduct only then we wouldn't have an issue because the trouble makers would be identified all the more easily and kicked off accordingly.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Angel;140589 said:
there seems to be a hidden third party involved somewhere and hopefully this can be straightened out.

as tthere is.... and that is the person to blame for luna departure NOT me

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
:lol: Sorry - couldn't help it.

But like I said, I hope we can ALL pull together and stop the crazy Oprah/Montel/Maury/Ricki/Jeremy Kyle type stuff and soon...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Angel;140606 said:
:lol: Sorry - couldn't help it.

But like I said, I hope we can ALL pull together and stop the crazy Oprah/Montel/Maury/Ricki/Jeremy Kyle type stuff and soon...

I so agree.

Eh, I like this forum alot cause I befriended ppl here (Angel, LoD, Bandoor, Tawsie etc.) but I'm getting pìssed the **** off with this drama. I go on the net to ESCAPE drama, not to be immersed with this Dr. Phil, touchy feely bull**** drama many seems to bring on these forums. I dont give a **** about what he said, she said or he/she said this stuff to me ****! I want to talk about DEVIL MAY CRY.......DEVIL MAY CRY dammit! Grow the **** up people or just commit seppuku and rid us of you guys incompetence! I hate like a good portion of the members here cause of this. I wish someone would IP ban hella ppl here.us

I needed to vent....sigh.
And its not offtopic either :lol:

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Yeah!!!! May Peace Rule this FORUM!!!!!
or something like that....
anyways GO PEACE!!!!!!!!
hope everything gets solved soon :)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
chob101;140613 said:
Yeah!!!! May Peace Rule this FORUM!!!!!
or something like that....
anyways GO PEACE!!!!!!!!
hope everything gets solved soon :)

Love conquers all young grasshoppa! :lol:

Sicktress

Artist
A lot of very valid points have been made in this post, yes more mods would help BUT the bottom line is us, the members who have been here for a while, not the newbies, have to set the tone for the message board culture to keep things like this from happening.

I actually love the "versus" threads, but the problem is people get their egoes hurt when someone doesn't agree with them, and sometimes the replies aren't exactly "civil". I'm not saying we need to all bite our tongues and sing kumbayah everyday but there has to be a level of respect.

I've been a mod for many many forums too and it's always the ones who were there the longest that have set the tone/culture of the board. WE ourselves are responsible for what we put out there and only WE ourselves can step back and say "ok, this person doesn't agree with me, maybe I can tell him why I think this way, with actual FACTS instead of insulting him/her!" Only then can we go back to normal.

We have to realize that the person on the other end with another view or personality has feelings too, and feels the way they do and we might not be able to change it, but we can show them our side in the best way possible! It's not easy to come up with a long winded answer, but what's the point of saying "Your style sucks!" or "I hate that game!" or "you are an idiot!" without actually defining why? We have to be mature and police ourselves, yes we can still have fun while doing it!

It's harder to step back and look at someone who's insulting you and say, "I don't even know this kid, why should I give hin the same response he's giving me?" But THAT's what makes you the mature one, when you step back you can come up with actual facts of why you disagree and leave it at that.

I love this forum, this is the ONLY forum I go to now when I used to go to more, please let's not mess it up, let's try our best to bring it back to its glory, but it starts WITHIN!

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Esura;140616 said:
Love conquers all young grasshoppa! :lol:

ALRIGHT!!!!! :)

and sicktress You have a very large point!
and you are really awesome by saying what you did just now
+rep!

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
its silly and pointless people arguing the whole point to these forums is to meet friends with similar interests not make enimies or lose valuable and nice people.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Esura;140611 said:
I so agree.

Eh, I like this forum alot cause I befriended ppl here (Angel, LoD, Bandoor, Tawsie etc.) but I'm getting pìssed the **** off with this drama. I go on the net to ESCAPE drama, not to be immersed with this Dr. Phil, touchy feely bull**** drama many seems to bring on these forums. I dont give a **** about what he said, she said or he/she said this stuff to me ****! I want to talk about DEVIL MAY CRY.......DEVIL MAY CRY dammit! Grow the **** up people or just commit seppuku and rid us of you guys incompetence! I hate like a good portion of the members here cause of this. I wish someone would IP ban hella ppl here.us

I needed to vent....sigh.
And its not offtopic either :lol:

^Commit seppuku? I thing that Bringer got yelled at for doing something similar, so I reported this. I don't think the staff think that was funny.:dry:

But you are right about the drama, the forum does not need it.

If you have a personal issue feel free to talk to me, or post in the "counseling group."

I have done my best to try to keep it off the forums where it doesn't belong.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Black Angel;141515 said:
^Commit seppuku? I thing that Bringer got yelled at for doing something similar, so I reported this. I don't think the staff think that was funny.:dry:

Yeah wishing people to go and kill themselves or telling them to isnt exactly a nice thing to read on a family friendly forum so less comments about it please.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I partly agree with Esura, not about the suicide thing though. A good balance of drama along with other things is all well and good, but best to not get too over the top like some people get.

Top Bottom