• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Officially Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
That was incredibly insensitive.

This is why I can't carry a conversation with you. Because of comments like these. I'm done here.

Insensitive?

I just gave my opinion on why I do not buy into people using that as a excuse for a game not selling.

Thats insensitive?:/

It its nothing wrong with you not getting my point, sometimes people don't seem to understand where another is coming from and thus that persons point "goes over their head", stop trying to be victim here, anyone can see that I have been perfectly calm and respectful through this conversation.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Didn't they already say DmC2 is in development? So... what are we talking about here? Besides, with the Nero fiasco, I doubt they'd go back to the DMC series. Or they'd just develop another DMC game that has little to do with the other DMCs; something like what DMC3 is to DMC1. Or DMC2 to DMC1... etcetera.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Didn't they already say DmC2 is in development? So... what are we talking about here? Besides, with the Nero fiasco, I doubt they'd go back to the DMC series. Or they'd just develop another DMC game that has little to do with the other DMCs; something like what DMC3 is to DMC1. Or DMC2 to DMC1... etcetera.
Didn't IncarnatedDemon post some links about that a while back, where Capcom mentioned they weren't going to do another DMC or that it was likely never going to happen [I can't remember the exact words T.T]. And I'm sure I heard that too, about a DmC2 being in the works. But it really all depends what happens.

If there was no DmC2, I'd rather the series just died than get another DMC4. Capcom obviously didn't know else what to do with the series otherwise they never would've gone to NinjaTheory in the first place. And you can say you could've done this and that, but you really put pen to paper, it is extremely hard, to write a decent plot, a script, the setting and revolve a game around that.

And after having 4 different titles with 4 different Dante's in complete different timelines to each other, that is a lot to figure out what with to do next with and how to do it good. There's just so much more you could do with DmC2 because there isn't much weighing it down. Vergil isn't dead, Mundus possibily isn't dead, Dante's devil trigger isn't fully unlocked, then potential of adding in elements from those classics without having a direct remake. There's lot more you can do there, they just need to make it feel more familiar to older fans [which it does need].

IncarnatedDemon

You mean this? To me it doesn't indicate DmC 2 being developed or cancelled. There is a possibility though, but it could go both ways.
"For DMC Devil May Cry, development will require five years due to the time needed to select development companies because of our decision to switch to external development," Haruhiro Tsujimoto said. "But our goal is to reduce the cycle to 2.5 years for subsequent titles in this series."
Earlier this week, Capcom announced a January 15, 2013, launch date for the Ninja Theory-developed DMC: Devil May Cry. That would put a sequel to the title in summer or fall of 2015. Devil May Cry 4 was released in January of 2008.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015-6378261

Q. Were any of the titles under development that you canceled to be released in the current
fiscal year ending March 2014?
A. There were a few titles scheduled for the current fiscal year, but most of the cancelations
were for releases planned in the fiscal year ending March 2015 and subsequent fiscal years.
No titles that had already been announced were canceled.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2012/full/explanation_2012_full_02.pdf

Remember Me is coming out in less than two months. And people have heard of it: including yourself. Because if no one's ever heard of it, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. :troll:
I meant to say other "western developed" titles like Remember Me, that were never announced.

Dante47

If this is true, then this is sad news indeed.
Though, nothing is confirmed. I'm still hopeful and optimistic, as should everyone else.

I really hope the cancellation is false, as I would like to see Ninja Theory grow as a company and stand on their two feet, and I would like to see Capcom get back on their feet like they were in the past.
How about we start with a new Mega Man? A return to basics may be good for Capcom.
Not a retro-throwback like Mega Man 9 and 10, but something new and fresh.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
this thread feels like a misnomer since nothing you presented has "officially" said that Capcom has cancelled DmC2 or even working on it.

On the sidenote of DmC2 being done by Capcom, i would meet it with skepticism since I dont feel Capcom knows what to do with the story of Devil May Cry but like a potential DMC5 i will judge it on its on merits when i see something concrete.

Mandy Cheung

Mszeta006
I started to play games when I was 5(not too early compare to the kids nowadays tho), for over 20 years, DmC is one of the very few games that I can still feel emotionally attached to the story and characters and get me keep looking for its news in a forum after 3 months from the day I got the game. I am happy to find this forum with interesting topics and people here. The thread title almost killed my mood yesterday and caused me wanted to scream like my profile picture.:|

To be rational, I should reduce my attachment to DmC and be less hopeful, so that I won't get hurt too much. But the irrational side in my heart still keeps the hope.>_<

Pardon me for expressing the panic, even Capcom may not proceed for a sequel, please at least give it an ending by any means.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
do you ever wonder if nt or capcom ever get on the web and surf sites like this one to see what fans and the general public alike have to say. i feel as though if they were aware of sites like this were in existence, that DmC2 just might have a slightly better possibility of being made. DAMNIT! we should, as fans, do something about this. I would hate for this series to go down without my voice or anyone else's here for that matter to be heard. atleast make a second DmC to wrap up the story......please.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
do you ever wonder if nt or capcom ever get on the web and surf sites like this one to see what fans and the general public alike have to say. i feel as though if they were aware of sites like this were in existence, that DmC2 just might have a slightly better possibility of being made. DAMNIT! we should, as fans, do something about this. I would hate for this series to go down without my voice or anyone else's here for that matter to be heard. atleast make a second DmC to wrap up the story......please.
I honestly hope that they keep an eye on sites like this, and I think it possible that some do indeed. I surely would, if I were them. I think it would be a very important opportunity to see what fans think/want, and so an important guide for assessing their decisions.
But I'm quite sure that they know, one way or the other, that there are a lot of fans waiting for DmC2. However, we must also take into consideration that there are fans who absolutely don't want it, and want DMC5 instead. They must trade very carefully, because with making the reboot and with some poor choices in communicating about it, they unwillingly split the fanbase, or at least a part of them. Maybe they just want to wait to see how the situation evolves...
I don't really know what their next move could or should be, I just threw in my two cents, but I would need to know more about how companies work to make a more consistent opinion...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Okay, what should we do? :3 I'm dead serious. We've had enough negative DmC stuff on the net for long enough. We should do something positive.

But if you're talking about getting your voice heard, we'd have a better chance on the Ninja Theory forum. It's a lot quieter and bigger chance of someone hearing you.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Don't you know? You never mess with an acorn. Anything's possible.

Well considering the information that i've posted pretty much seals the deal on Capcom not handing ANY of their IP's to western developers, let alone NT, anymore i can safely say that DmC2 ain't happenin and if it does it won't be anything like DmC was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom