• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Officially Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Depends on how you approach it giving advice to parents. If you do it in a way that implies you think they are bad parents, then yes they will feel offended.

But it's possible to give advice to parents without offending them.

There is a clear contrast between:
1. You making a video called "How to Raise a Gamer (advices)"
2. You in real life telling a parent "You should stop buying your kids those games".

By making a video where you give advice on how to deal with a kid playing games parents who want help will have that option.
And your video won't point anyone out.
At least with making an education video, all you'd have to do then is get adults to go on youtube and see it. But how many parents have youtube accounts? Or how many would watch it? It would be interesting to see the reaction to that sort of video.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
They go into denial.
I'm going to boil your post down to that one phrase not only because it's a leading problem with how to raise children, but also dealing with life in general.

You know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'll be the first to admit that I have that very same same problem, but at least I'm willing to admit that there's a problem at all.

I just choose not to do anything about it out of laziness. >_<

Edit:

I know that if the parents make a mistake, the kids pay along with the parents... but you can't help everyone. Help one (your closest friend) if you can. Help two if you're feeling generous.

Helping three or more is just asking for them to drag you down (it's happened numerous times before, and it's far easier than one may think).

That's just the reality of the situation. You can't help anyone if you don't help yourself first.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Didn't IncarnatedDemon post some links about that a while back, where Capcom mentioned they weren't going to do another DMC or that it was likely never going to happen [I can't remember the exact words T.T]. And I'm sure I heard that too, about a DmC2 being in the works. But it really all depends what happens.

If there was no DmC2, I'd rather the series just died than get another DMC4. Capcom obviously didn't know else what to do with the series otherwise they never would've gone to NinjaTheory in the first place. And you can say you could've done this and that, but you really put pen to paper, it is extremely hard, to write a decent plot, a script, the setting and revolve a game around that.

And after having 4 different titles with 4 different Dante's in complete different timelines to each other, that is a lot to figure out what with to do next with and how to do it good. There's just so much more you could do with DmC2 because there isn't much weighing it down. Vergil isn't dead, Mundus possibily isn't dead, Dante's devil trigger isn't fully unlocked, then potential of adding in elements from those classics without having a direct remake. There's lot more you can do there, they just need to make it feel more familiar to older fans [which it does need].

Though I don't agree with it being extremely hard to write a decent plot, script and setting, I do agree about DmC2 having more potential, in the sense that it can start an actual series. DMC was more fragmented. But I still think that there's a way to explain Nero without him having to be Vergil's son, and honestly, if I can think of that, Capcom should be able to too. In a conversation I had in another thread, someone brought up a valid point that Vergil may not necessarily be dead. Aside from that, I understand people want to see an actual demonic form in DmC2, but you could also do that in a new DMC.

I really wouldn't find it such a bad idea if they created a DMC game that tied it all together. I mean, Nero can be the new Sparda, have twins with Kyrie. Kyrie and the twins would get attacked, but he'd do what Sparda couldn't. Maybe this time it'd be about Vergil trying to run things instead of Mundus. I don't know, I just really liked DMC4 even though it wasn't by any means the best DMC. It's really not that hard to figure something out, especially when you consider that DMC4's plot was pretty mediocre too. I've seen some pretty awesome ideas in this forum - far better than Capcom's plots, so I'd give it a chance.

For me, it's DMC5 or no Devil May Cry at all, because I'm really not interested in DmC or its sequel, sorry to say. No hate, it's just that there's not much about it that grabs me.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
that's what she said

That's what I said.

I mean -- :O

shocked-face-1268785177.jpeg

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I don't understand what all this meming is about. Can we get back to the topic? I'm afraid people might miss my comment and those of others, and close the entire thread because it's not going anywhere with these pictures. This has happened before, and it's annoying. No offense, of course. It just sucks to have to click all the way back to page number 21 out of 57, you know?

GF9000000Returns

Wow, I'm super late on this!

And seriously, this thread REALLY scared the hell outta me. If they really did cancel DmC2, then I'ma be heartbroken and will be outta this franchise for good. DMC4 really jumped the shark for me with the mess that it made. Now listen guys, I'm not saying that DmC is the perfect DMC game (DMC3 is my #1 favorite), I'm saying that NT did a good job trying to make a DMC game feel like a "whole" game instead of being all about one thing 90% of the time, and that's the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom