• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Officially Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
While I would like to see that, I don't think a Japanese developer could make the game with the same style and art. Japan is a totally different culture....which was the whole reason for the reboot in the first place.

I think your misunderstanding a bit of what I was saying, so let me clarify, as I pointed out before, I expect that "NT western style" that was introduced before to be gone, but the characters and storyline the same as before, with Vergil becoming the main enemy of Dante, and Dante and Kat starting up DMC etc.

Have Mundus come back more demonic and frightening with Vergil serving as a secondary antagonist, kinda similar to DMC1.

And they could do this change in charcters all under the guise of many years passing by and Dante maturing into his Demon hunting role and becoming more attune to the previous Dante.

But I get what your saying about why even bother lol, might as well go back to the old series.

But to some who would want to at least see a continuation of the DmC story and characters they may just get over this sentiment.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Huh, really? I always thought they had only started to do so recently :blink:When did the outsourcing start then?​

Not sure but wanna know what the last game they developed was?

RESIDENT EVIL 6.

My lack of confidence is justified.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Not sure but wanna know what the last game they developed was?

RESIDENT EVIL 6.

My lack of confidence is justified.

To be fair, Resident Evil 6 suffered from Capcom wanting to venture from their own market into the Call of Duty one.

Capcom can make great Resident Evil games when they want to.

Resident Evil revelations is proof of this in my opinion, and I eagerly await the HD port.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think your misunderstanding a bit of what I was saying, so let me clarify, as I pointed out before, I expect that "NT western style" that was introduced before to be gone, but the characters and storyline the same as before, with Vergil becoming the main enemy of Dante, and Dante and Kat starting up DMC etc.
I understand that Capcom could take NT's interpretation of Dante, Vergil and Kat and use them. But I'm worried about how they would use them.
Have Mundus come back more demonic and frightening with Vergil serving as a secondary antagonist, kinda similar to DMC1.
I'd like to see that, but I just don't have the confidence that Capcom could pull it off anymore. DMC1 was a great game, Capcom was really up to a high standard then, but now I just don't know if they can do it.
And they could do this change in charcters all under the guise of many years passing by and Dante maturing into his Demon hunting role and becoming more attune to the previous Dante.
I wouldn't mind if he was made more DMC1 Dante, but not if they made him DMC4 Dante. At least becoming like DMC1 Dante would make sense. DmC Dante was already showing the possibility of becoming like that at the end of the game.

But I get what your saying about why even bother lol, might as well go back to the old series.
Yep, the might as well....

But to some who would want to at least see a continuation of the DmC story and characters they may just get over this sentiment.
I'd like to see the story continued and with those interpretations of the characters, but like I said before, I just don't have the confidence that Capcom can do it in the same way anymore.

Rayl

To be fair, Resident Evil 6 suffered from Capcom wanting to venture from their own market into the Call of Duty one.

Capcom can make great Resident Evil games when they want to.

Resident Evil revelations is proof of this in my opinion, and I eagerly await the HD port.

They didn't learn this was the worst idea ever from Operation Raccoon City... because?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
They didn't learn this was the worst idea ever from Operation Raccoon City... because?

Operation Racoon City actually did sell well for a side game.

So I guess they figured that if they brought a game in with new gameplay,new story, veteran characters, and with the title of Resident Evil 6 that they would be able to pull of a better result as far as fan response goes.

It didn't work out the way the hopped obviously lol, but they do seem to have learned now with their recent announcement of going back to Resident Evil's "horror roots" for the next game.

And they even ported Revelations which is "survival Horror" despite it not selling all that much which shows that they are trying to throw the fans a bone at least.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

I don't see any game that sold 3 or 4 million (Tomb Raider, RE6) as suffering necessarily, breaking even and profits be damned.

That being said, not a lot of people can buy games these days. It shows how disconnected companies (game and otherwise) are from normal people.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I don't see any game that sold 3 or 4 million (Tomb Raider, RE6) as suffering necessarily, breaking even and profits be damned.

Good for you, but for Capcom its a different matter.

For any company like Capcom, when you sell below your target range than it is considered a failure point blank.

And the fact that RE6 have very mixed reviews from critics and fans alike didn't help much.

Rayl

Operation Racoon City actually did sell well for a side game.

So I guess they figured that if they brought a game in with new gameplay,new story, veteran characters, and with the title of Resident Evil 6 that they would be able to pull of a better result as far as fan response goes.

It didn't work out the way the hopped obviously lol, but they do seem to have learned now with their recent announcement of going back to Resident Evil's "horror roots" for the next game.

And they even ported Revelations which is "survival Horror" despite it not selling all that much which shows that they are trying to throw the fans a bone at least.

Before we continue, i am looking forward to Revelations HD, i do however believe that Capcom never thought it would do as well as it did. I reckon that RERev was handled by somebody who gives a damn.

ORC may have done well, but it was NOT fun to play, i would honestly rather play RE Gaiden on the gameboy over that terrible piece of crap and may i note for those who don't know, Gaiden is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. (And removed from canon because it made no sense!)

I'm not arguing sales basically, i like my games to actually be good.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Before we continue, i am looking forward to Revelations HD, i do however believe that Capcom never thought it would do as well as it did. I reckon that RERev was handled by somebody who gives a damn.

ORC may have done well, but it was NOT fun to play, i would honestly rather play RE Gaiden on the gameboy over that terrible piece of crap and may i note for those who don't know, Gaiden is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. (And removed from canon because it made no sense!)

I'm not arguing sales basically, i like my games to actually be good.

No arguments here dude.

I freaken hated REORC as well, I always said that it just felt like a modded Socom game which featured Resident Evil characters and settings.

It didn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all to me and on top of that the game suffered from AI and difficulty issues.
I just said that they were disconnected from everyone else. I know it's their own fault for making their own games so expensive and expecting to sell more than five million. It's not realistic.

Well the 5 million thing is actually pretty reasonable for a big series like Resident Evil.

Resident Evil 6's target was actually 7 million and it is just now starting to reach 5 mill.

Rayl

It didn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all to me and on top of that the game suffered from AI and difficulty issues.

Not to mention the god-awful unresponsive controls, the boring as all hell gameplay and everything else that either made no sense or was badly designed.

Why unknown? You're so awesome but you nearly killed me and I nearly threw something at my computer screen. Not to mention my heart was going haywire for a moment. O__O

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...-Wants-to-Cut-Ties-With-The-West-Increase-DLC

TORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT.

No more NT made DmC for you!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well the 5 million thing is actually pretty reasonable for a big series like Resident Evil.
Not in today's economic climate. Unemployment is skyrocketing, and games are usually the first luxury to go.
Resident Evil 6's target was actually 7 million and it is just now starting to reach 5 mill.
I'm actually surprised it sold that much to begin with. But as many people have said (on screwattack, escapist, etc.) it's not a sustainable model. Let me know when it officially reaches five million. To be honest, I don't think it'll sell more than that. If it even gets that far, that is.
Edit:
No more NT made DmC for you!
I really don't think anyone cares that much at this point. You'll get your DMC5, so there's no need for taunting.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Not in today's economic climate. Unemployment is skyrocketing, and games are usually the first luxury to go.

Tell that to big name series like God of War, Gears of War, Halo 4, Call of freaken duty, Dead Space, and Grand theft auto which have consistently sold well past their expectations in todays current market.

So I really don't buy the whole "blaming it on todays market" that some people like to use.

Bottom line is fans will buy a game if they like and want it enough.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So I really don't by the whole "blaming it on todays market" that some people like to use.
It's not something people "like to use". It's very real.

GOW and COD have almost always catered to what's most popular. It's like being shocked that Transformers sold well.

But RE? Other than the whole military atmosphere they were going for, I didn't expect it to sell COD numbers at all. And if people hate it that much, why did it sell the way it did?

Maybe they're just addicted.

Onecrazymonkey1

Tell that to big name series like God of War, Gears of War, Halo 4, Call of freaken duty, Dead Space, and Grand theft auto which have consistently sold well past their expectations in todays current market.

So I really don't buy the whole "blaming it on todays market" that some people like to use.

Bottom line is fans will buy a game if they like and want it enough.

Well, sure I don't think you can completely blame it on today's market but I'm sure it's still a small factor. With a healthier economy people might be a little more daring to try a hack N slash game but when you're looking to save money you tend to be more choosy with what you buy. So for someone who probably never even tried a DMC game before, they're probably less likely to buy it and just go for the safe option of what they already know and like.

I'm not saying I'm right but it's just my 2 cents. :)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It's not something people "like to use". It's very real.

GOW and COD have almost always catered to what's most popular. It's like being shocked that Transformers sold well.

But RE? Other than the whole military atmosphere they were going for, I didn't expect it to sell COD numbers at all. And if people hate it that much, why did it sell the way it did?

Maybe they're just addicted.

Obviously my point went over your head....

And i like how you left out the other games I named that does not cater to "what's popular".

And there is even MORE games I could name off that are not in the same market of COD that still sales pretty well and past their expectations.

I'm not saying that todays market isn't down, but I'm saying that its not entirely to blame when a game doesn't sell, especially when you have MANY games that are still selling pretty well.

And as I have said before on this board (but maybe you missed the conversation me and Chancey where having) Call of Duty is a special type of beat in todays market and it will sell no matter what.

But when you have other games outside the market like Dead Space, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto, or Dark Souls which still sell well past your their target range, you have to stop and realize that games are still going to sell like hotcakes if people want and like it enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom