• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Officially Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I think too the title is kinda misleading... and some people don't have so much nerves to just ignore it; they have to create a big fight club to stand for their beliefs. I think it's better for the mods to change the title too, nothing against you personally, Unknown.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Fine. Then I hope someone changes it to:

"DmC 2 Most Likely Canceled"

Either way, when the official announcement comes, just don't say that I didn't warn everyone ahead of time.
I think most of us know there is a possibility that DmC2 could be cancelled. The sales weren't near their target for sales. That would be reason enough to cancel the game.

But I'd rather stay hopeful about DmC2.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
In a way, it wouldn't make sense to cancel now. DmC would have actually done fine on its own, but Capcom made too many mistakes with their PR and bad handling of the game's fans. NT also did damage with Tameen's words.

But anyway, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to cancel a rebooted version to go back to the original. I mean, if you knew it would fail to meet your demands, why put so much money and effort into doing it? Now they just seem to be going to piggy back off DmC and use it as a free card for the fanbase so that they don't hate them as DMC5 is thrown in their faces.

But if DmC2 is cancelled, then to me, that's just one actual interesting game with actual care that Capcom's thrown down the toilet...again.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
In a way, it wouldn't make sense to cancel now. DmC would have actually done fine on its own, but Capcom made too many mistakes with their PR and bad handling of the game's fans. NT also did damage with Tameen's words.

But anyway, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to cancel a rebooted version to go back to the original. I mean, if you knew it would fail to meet your demands, why put so much money and effort into doing it? Now they just seem to be going to piggy back off DmC and use it as a free card for the fanbase so that they don't hate them as DMC5 is thrown in their faces.

But if DmC2 is cancelled, then to me, that's just one actual interesting game with actual care that Capcom's thrown down the toilet...again.

I don't think so, even with all the offense thing the decision to reboot ****ed of most of the fanbase. The beggining of all that war started with people complaining "about Dante's black hair", remember? Then that rumours that Tameem would been inserting his own face on the new Dante and all that things. I don't think it would help too much on the sales, but Capcom and NT really screwed up being disrespectful to their fans and i agree that it hurted the sales of DmC, even if it was not that much.

I don't think that Capcom would do that, they are being cautious with their movements now because they've seen what their decisions that ****ed off the fanbase made to them, with Resident Evil and DMC. I think they will at least try to do something like DMC3 was to DMC2, try to convince people that they are giving the attention the series needs if they plan to continue with the old series.

I think that they could at least make an ending to this new series, i don't think it would take so much time and resources as they have all the work done on the first DmC to use. But, as i can't talk about cold hard numbers my opinion becomes unsupported and i really don't know if it's that easy to make a sequel even with low budget. And the next games will probably be on the newer plataforms, so the overall price will probably rise too, i just don't know what they will do.

Sunaka Marién

Well consider that THIS: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...-Wants-to-Cut-Ties-With-The-West-Increase-DLC is a thing, even if DmC2 isn't cancelled, it won't be handled by NT, let alone any other western developer.

In a way, the DmC2 that alot of people imagine is dead.
Yeah, it sure looks bad :<
It just makes me so sad to read that kinda stuff. I've got a feeling that this WON'T play out very well for Capcom, especially with their 'let's increase DLC' policy. Kinda makes it seem like they didn't learn anything at all :/

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I actually feel bad for NT as well, having to deal with a company so inept as Capcom is being these day.

The absolute refusal to admit their mistakes as a company as well as the fact that despite the backlash against their DLC polices, they're actually seeking to have future games feature even more then before is just telling that they don't intend to put a stop to their bad decision making any time soon.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well consider that THIS: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...-Wants-to-Cut-Ties-With-The-West-Increase-DLC is a thing, even if DmC2 isn't cancelled, it won't be handled by NT, let alone any other western developer.

In a way, the DmC2 that alot of people imagine is dead.

This sums it up pretty much^^^

For you guys that are hopeful of a DmC2 you have to remember that chances are it isn't going to be with the "new NT style" that won so many of you over.

Judging by Capcoms recent words about Western developers, if a DmC2 IS made than it most likely will be without NT and Capcom will most likely try to mostly cater to the fans burned by DmC 1 by having Dante with white hair, red coat, and all the corny 1 liners some of you dislike so much lol.

To put it frankly, I could totally see Capcom doing a revision of DMC1 set in the DmC verse.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
And that's where i stop feeling sorry for NT and start feeling sorry for the rest of us, Capcom have been outsourcing for so long, i no longer have the confidence that they can handle game creation by themselves.

People thought DmC was bad? Just you wait till they bring out whatever they do next. I will be HIGHLY surprised if the entire community isn't set ablaze in fury as it turns out to be the second coming of DMC2, only far worse then we can possibly imagine.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This sums it up pretty much^^^

For you guys that are hopeful of a DmC2 you have to remember that chances are it isn't going to be with the "new NT style" that won so many of you over.
Got to admit, I would feel let down by that choice, especially after all the trouble Capcom went to to make this reboot the way it is. They might as well have not bothered in the first place.
Japanese game makers just can't get the same sort of style because it's a different culture, same as how Western developers can't fully make Japanese style.

If they try and use the rebooted Dante and Vergil, they will be totally different to NT's idea of what they say and how they act. They might as well go back to original Dante and Vergil. I don't want NT's Dante speaking like classic Dante. It's would be too weird for me.
Judging by Capcoms recent words about Western developers, if a DmC2 IS made than it most likely will be without NT and Capcom will most likely try to mostly cater to the fans burned by DmC 1 by having Dante with white hair, red coat, and all the corny 1 liners some of you dislike so much lol.
If they do that, I'd prefer it if they go back to original Dante instead of using rebooted Dante.
To put it frankly, I could totally see Capcom doing a revision of DMC1 set in the DmC verse.
While I would like to see that, I don't think a Japanese developer could make the game with the same style and art. Japan is a totally different culture....which was the whole reason for the reboot in the first place.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
While I would like to see that, I don't think a Japanese developer could make the game with the same style and art. Japan is a totally different culture....which was the whole reason for the reboot in the first place.

In b4 fanbots:

FORNICATE THOU.

"Yeah, I'm really gonna miss their western dialogue. GIGGLE TEE-HEE!"

Sunaka Marién

Capcom have been outsourcing for so long, i no longer have the confidence that they can handle game creation by themselves.
Huh, really? I always thought they had only started to do so recently :blink:When did the outsourcing start then?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom