• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Officially Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, you could argue that DmC2 has been announced, so going by Capcom's statement it may have avoided the axe. But either way, everything will be alright people. We'll still get another Devil May Cry game that's all that matters. And theres no point in worrying about its future at this point, since at best its not until June 2015 we'll get a sequel.

P.S. The thread title is kinda misleading. :p

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Hey, you could argue that DmC2 has been announced, so going by Capcom's statement it may have avoided the axe. But either way, everything will be alright people. We'll still get another Devil May Cry game that's all that matters. And theres no point in worrying about its future at this point, since at best its not until June 2015 we'll get a sequel.

P.S. The thread title is kinda misleading. :p
It gave me a friggin heart attack. Unknown, you're lucky I like you or I'd be throwing waterbombs at your house right now...although I'd need to ask for your address because I have no idea where you live XD

But when there's a real confirmation on anything, let me know. No jumping the gun.

Honestly, there isn't a 99.9% chance its cancelled. 70 million could apply to a bunch of projects like remember me that we've just never heard of. DmC 2 might still be in production, trust me, its cheaper to make a sequel when there is existing assets. It's actually very unlikely we'll not get at least one sequel, and if its not a sequel that I doubt we'll get a DMC game for a while.

I actually really think that unknown should ask a moderator to change this title. I have a bad feeling about how it will influence a negative discussion when more people log on.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Even if DmC doesn't get a sequel, i highly doubt that we can get old Dante back in the same time DmC2 was planned to be released, i mean, they were probably already working on the sequel to DmC, this means that if they even plan to release a DMC game instead, they need to start work on this like... now, and it would take at least 3 or 4 years of development for a DMC title.

But, i think that Capcom could at least give an ending to this series with a sequel, i mean, the very ending of DmC/VD gives room to finish the story on that world in a decent way.

Meg

Honestly, there isn't a 99.9% chance its cancelled. 70 million could apply to a bunch of projects like remember me that we've just never heard of. DmC 2 might still be in production, trust me, its cheaper to make a sequel when there is existing assets. It's actually very unlikely we'll not get at least one sequel, and if its not a sequel that I doubt we'll get a DMC game for a while.

I actually really think that unknown should ask a moderator to change this title. I have a bad feeling about how it will influence a negative discussion when more people log on.
Remember Me is coming out in less than two months. And people have heard of it: including yourself. Because if no one's ever heard of it, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. :troll:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm not going to ask to change the title of the thread.

I stand by what I said:

I believe DmC 2 is canceled.

Guys, do you really think that I want this to happen?? Do you really think I want one of my favorite series ever to be over and done with?

No. And here's why:

DmC had a political message behind it. A message that I think needs to be in more games, movies, and books (like 1984) as well.

I was actually surprised that this game wasn't censored due to the fact that it's so anti-establishment.

But, people don't want a message with their game. They want a generic "save-the-world" scenario.

Like I said, I'm fine with that. I stopped supporting both Devil May Cry series a while back, so I honestly don't care.

As for Vergil's Downfall:

Persona 4 had a katana-wielding protagonist with a cool bowl-cut and an alternate personality (which he had to defeat first) that he uses to physically fight monsters in a hellish dimension.

VD is a lot like that, only with live-action combat instead of turn-based, like in the series.

How could I not like this game??

But, seeing as how the DmC series most likely will not continue, I've decided to move on to other action games (both old ad upcoming releases), and leave Devil May Cry as a whole behind with a heavy heart.

No, I'm not moving on to Bayonetta 2 nor MGR. I have no interest in either the Wii U nor the other series themselves.

It gave me a friggin heart attack. Unknown, you're lucky I like you or I'd be throwing waterbombs at your house right now...although I'd need to ask for your address because I have no idea where you live XD

But when there's a real confirmation on anything, let me know. No jumping the gun.

Thanks. It's fans like you that made dmc.org such a great place to be in.

But... until I hear otherwise, I'm considering this whole ordeal finished. Better that I break the bad news to everyone than some Dunte fanbot who hates DmC.

I would be very happy to be wrong, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom